Things Get Rowdy

Chapter Twenty-One:

I sat at the table with my feet across the chair next to me. I was waiting for the mystery girl to emerge from Bastian's bedroom. She was a loud girl and I was so eager to finally meet her. Bastian had been trying to keep his personal and work lives separate. He had expected me to spend the night with Nate, but things didn't work out like we had planned. He was called in to work on his night off, which I was starting to find really weird.

But back to the mystery girl, Bastian said he had told her that he was my constant bodyguard, which she was fine with. Also, according to Bastian, she was a fan of Venus Sways, but then again, who wasn't these days. I was already working on more lyrics for new songs.

Bastian threw me a magazine and then went back to cooking breakfast. He had certainly made me lazy, always cooking for me, but I didn't mind. I looked at the magazine that he had thrown me and my jaw dropped.

'Newly Weds Are Expecting?' was the title on the cover. I saw an obscure image, but I knew that broad from a mile and she was holding hands with a tattooed jerk that could only be one person. I flipped to the indicated page and read it.

Skylar Landon and new wife, Arabella Gaston, may not have hit it big on the charts like Skylar's rival, the lovely and slightly bashful rocker girl, Venus, of Venus Sways, but are they expecting a new addition? Arabella refused to comment on the matter, but she was seen sporting a growing baby bump. Will this new couple become parents right out of the gate? Only time will tell.

"Apparently, I'm lovely and slightly bashful," I commented.

"Are they?" he asked.

"I'm not sure, but she does look like it," I told him.

"Hey, did Julia move out," Bastian asked.

"I think so. I saw her a few weeks ago walking out of the house with bags packed. I wonder what happened," I said, absent-mindedly.

"I don't know. I just noticed that she wasn't standing at the window anymore," he said.

"That was a bit odd, wasn't it," I asked him.

"Very," he said.

"Good morning," came a sweet voice from behind me, "Oh, hello?" I stood up and smiled at her. She was very pretty and lithe looking. Her soft brown locks were stick straight and fell just past her shoulder. She had bright light blue eyes and thin lips. She was tall, but not taller than Bastian. She seemed nice enough.

"I'm Raven and you are," I asked her, taking on the protective sister role.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm Josephine, but you can call me Jo," she said. That honey coated voice wouldn't deter me.

"So, you are dating Bastian, right?" I asked her and pulled out a chair for her to sit in.

"Rave," Bastian warned. I held up my hand and smiled innocently at Jo.

"He may be my bodyguard, Jo, but he is like a big brother to me and I take care of my family. I don't want you hurting him, are we clear," I asked her. She nodded.

"Wow, he didn't tell me you were so intense," she said.

"She isn't normally like this," he said as he walked over and kissed her. I had to look away. I couldn't see him do that with what I had just said. Yeah, I had seen him naked, but that was irrelevant now.

"I'm just watching out for my main man, is all," I said, before digging into my breakfast.

"Well, that is completely understandable. I would be the same for my brother," she said, adding a laugh that could rival a cherub's. Man, this chick was the epitome of feminine.