Birthday Surprise

Chapter Twelve:

Mia's POV:

I was so excited to be able to celebrate a birthday with my rock star best friend. I had the tray of birthday breakfast in hand and I went to go and surprise her with breakfast in bed. What I found was something I hadn't expected. Caleb walked up beside me as I stared at the sleeping forms of our best friends. Andrew came out of the room with Mason trailing behind them. They opened the second door and looked at the sight.

"Oh, she had a nightmare and we let Jaxon handle it," Andrew said, as if it wasn't a big deal. They weren't doing anything sure. They were just sleeping in the same bed but I was sure that his fiance, Julia, wouldn't be too happy to find him in her bed.

"Well, that is just so cute," Mason said as he stared at his best friends in bed together. I swear that guy still makes me think he is a kid with how he acts.

"Mimi, I think we should let them rest. If she had a nightmare, she probably didn't get much sleep," Caleb told me.

"But he is engaged," I said and walked in and set the breakfast down on the table beside her bed. That way she would know that I had seen her in bed with Jaxon. I was happy that he still loved her but when she shot him down like that I knew she was lying. Why, I wasn't sure but I knew my best friend well enough to know when she was lying. I quietly left the room and closed the door. I wasn't ready for the audience waiting outside her door.

"Is she still asleep," asked the lovely Isabella. I nodded.

"Hey, where is Jaxon," Reese asked and I wanted very much to do a facepalm, but I knew that would look suspicious.

"He is still sleeping," Mason said, with a mischevious grin. I swear, that guy.

"Well, let's go and wake him up and surprise Raven," Devlin suggested.

"Oh, there will be surprises," I muttered, as she and Reese went across the hall to wake up Jaxon.

"Where is he," I heard someone ask and they came out looking confused. I involuntarily backed into the door to block the way and all eyes were on me. Uh oh.

"Is he in there with her?" Devlin asked with a smirk on her face. She had apparently met Julia when she had done a photo shoot on the young Jaxon for some magazine he was in. She hadn't been a big fan of the jobless diva.

"I already said this but I will repeat myself," Andrew said, noting that everyone was present by counting with his fingers. Apparently 8 a.m. was too early in the morning for the bouncer. "Mason and I woke up to her screaming her lungs off, and then we peeked out the door and saw Jaxon rush to her aid. We just left it to him, we figured he would stay until she fell back to sleep and then go back to his room. I guess he fell asleep too but he isn't on top of her or anything. So it's nothing to freak out about." He had a point, but fiances aren't all that reasonable. We just wouldn't tell Julia about it.

"Nothing we should be blurting out to a certain fiance," Caleb worded my thoughts. I smiled at that. Everyone agreed and then we opened the doors with a chorus of 'Happy Birthday'.

**********

Raven's POV:

I woke up to everyone singing 'Happy Birthday' to me. My arms flew out to my sides from the shock of the suddenness of the sound and my left hand smacked right into Jaxon's face. I looked to my left and not once did my friends stop singing their song. Did they not see Jaxon, the same man who was currently engaged to another woman, in the bed next to me or what? My face smack woke up Jaxon who had managed to not stir when they burst into the room, but he sat straight up and blushed at the sight of our friends. Once the song was done, all was deathly silent.