Damn Those Stupid Paparazzi

Chapter Eight:

"So, we are going to do a little something for my birthday and then finish up the wedding details?" I asked to confirm.

"Yeah, you have your fitting for the maid of honor dress and then there are just a few last minute things we have to do, but other than that we are mostly done. How are you doing?" Mia asked. I knew what she meant and I couldn't lie to her. Izzy was sitting with me watching some reality show.

"I'm okay. Between the stalkers, finishing the last of the album, and the tour next week, I don't have a spare minute to think about it. I just wish I could move on already. He obviously has, he is bringing his girlfriend of who knows how long down to meet his parents. His parents, Mia, and I don't even have a fling. I have gotten no where in my love life. Sure, I am successful and that is great to rub in the faces of my past bullies but when it comes to an ex-whatever, then you have to be with someone else or you look pathetic," I told her. Izzy nodded.

"I know, sweetie, but you will be there with four guys and then there is Caleb's cousin. Is Izzy coming or not?" she asked. I relayed the question.

"She isn't sure. I would put her down as a yes, just in case. I have a feeling that I will make her go either way." I wouldn't be able to face all those couples without some single girl backup. I needed a date and bad. We hung up and I stood up. Izzy stood as well and we both stretched before looking to each other.

"Coffee shop," we said in unison and smiled. We threw on some shoes and headed out to the coffee shop. Nowadays, when Sebastian was doing other security things, he would leave me with the band or with Izzy. He said that as long as I was with someone then I should be safe from stalkers. We decided to walk the short distance to our favorite shop and we walked in. We stood in line chatting about what the tour was going to be like and her upcoming photo shoot. We didn't really notice the excited chatter going on around us, as we ordered our drinks and continued to talk.

"What do we have here?" Lucas breathed into my hair. I rolled my eyes as Izzy's eyes grew wide. She was a big fan. She smiled at him and walked up to his side. I turned around to face the A-list actor. He had his posse with him. They talked up Izzy as she told them all about herself. Lucas was watching me, I could feel his gaze on me but tried to ignore it.

"Venus and Izzy," said the barista. I turned around and grabbed our drinks. I handed Izzy hers. I grabbed her arm and tried to pull her out of the shop.

"We have to get back because he will be worried," I whispered to her.

"Come on, you can stay," Lucas pleaded. He wasn't handling this rejection well, at all. I was about to decline him, but, instead, just smiled and pulled Izzy out of the front door. Lucas chased after us and I walked right into Skylar.

"Whoa, there, little dove," he said and I let out an agrivated sigh. Really, Lord, this is how you punish my complaining? I'm sorry, I am glad that I have all this time alone. Can I have it back now? Please?

"Please don't call me that," I muttered to him. He was alone.

"Venus. Oh, hey, what are you doing here?" Lucas asked Skylar.

"Just running into --," he began.

"An old friend. We are old friends, Lucas," I told him. Izzy giggled and sipped her frozen coffee.

"I wouldn't call dating for six months being friends, Raven," Skylar said. I sighed.

"So, you're my ex-boyfriend, Skylar. What do you want a freaking gold star?" I asked, annoyed. I didn't want the world thinking I became famous because I was Skylar's girlfriend at some point. We were really discreet about our relationship. He had said he didn't want the paparazzi to bother me and I was glad for it. Now, he couldn't spout all that crap that he made me who I was.