Transition?

Chapter Thirty-One:

I was avoiding him, which in all honesty was a feat in and of itself, since I had to work with him. I wasn't telling anyone why I didn't want to be around and him and I wasn't so sure about that myself, but I just had to stay away from him.

He was nice to me that entire day and I guess it had freaked me out a bit. He was acting like a guy I could totally find myself falling for and I couldn't have that. Maybe that was it? I didn't want to like Keanu Turner, much less fall for him. When he started acting like his cocky self, not even a week later, I relaxed and stopped avoiding him. It was hard work to avoid someone you see on a daily basis anyway.

"Where have you been," came Jaxon's gruff, angry voice.

"Around," I mumbled, not looking up at my boss.

"Well, now that I have you where I need you, can we get back to filming," he asked me.

"I thought you weren't going to ask me until I had some experience," I asked, finally looking up at him.

"Oh, ha, ha," he said and then started barking orders along with Mr. Abbrams. This was going to be a long day. I wondered what had brought him out of his office, today.

Once we had done with the filming for the day, Jaxon answered my unasked question.

"I'd like to make an announcement," he said and everyone stopped in their actions to look at the boss. "I would like to thank everyone for all the hours that you put in and all the actors who didn't give me ANY difficulties, thank you. I would also like to thank everyone for all their wonderful work in helping put this movie together. I would also like to say that we're almost done and should be done filming in this next week. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean it's finished, what with the editing and all that, but it does mean that all the actors and make up people and such will be free to go on about their lives. So, thank you again for your time and COOPERATION and I owe you my many thanks," he said.

I had a feeling a lot of the difficulites were because of yours truly, but I didn't want to be conceited and assume. He stepped off the chair he had been standing on and turned to me.

"Yes, I was talking about you," he said and then walked off. Are you freaking kidding me?

So with the weirdness gone from between Keanu and I, Jaxon took that as his cue to start acting up. He was starting to openly date and would announce it to the world, it seemed. Izzy's retaliation to that was to take me out and set me up, but the set ups didn't always turn out that great.

Like tonight, for instance. I stood at the bar, nursing my drink as my so called date flirted with the girls around us and droned on about his job, I already forgot what it was that he said he did.

I was tired of listening to him and I wanted to dance. I finished my drink and set it on the bar, putting a tip in the tip jar. I started to walk off but Mr. Flirt stopped me, grabbing my wrist. I turned to him and raised an eyebrow in question.

"Where are you going," he asked a little harshly.

"Somewhere you aren't," I told him. He pulled me to him and I almost wretched at the stink on his breath. He had been taking shots since I had arrived, but they didn't seem to be affecting him at all.

"Well, I don't think I said you could leave," he told me. I scoffed at that.

"Funny thing about having free will, is that I don't need your permission to do anything," I told him and pushed away from him. He tried to grab for me again, but I slapped his hand. He brought his hand up quick and I almost didn't catch it as he tried to slap me. Luckily, another hand caught him before he could make contact with me.