Save Me, Love Me, Leave Me, Let Me Go

Chapter Thirty-Seven:

Raven's POV:

When I had slipped off of the branch below my feet, I thought I was a goner. I was sure I was going to seriously injure myself, but when Sebastian had shown up just in time to catch me, I couldn't help the feelings that he ignited. He was really my guardian angel. My knight. I was still unbelievably pissed at him but I was glad he was here, somewhat.

He set me down on the ground, safe and sound and in one piece. I turned and walked away from him, knowing he was going to follow me. When Sebastian wanted to say something, he would say his piece, one way or another.

I got into my rental car and he climbed into the passenger seat. I sat there, waiting for him to speak. When he didn't, I did.

"What are you doing here," I asked.

"I'm your bodyguard. I need to be around your body to guard it," he told me.

"I don't remember putting asshole as a requirement on the job description," I told him. He flinched at that but nodded in acceptance.

"I'm sorry about everything that happened. I never thought that someone would come between us like that," he told me.

"It's fine, Sebastian. I was just a job anyway, right?" I shrugged.

"No," he blurted. "No, you're honestly much more than that. I care about you more than I should as your bodyguard, and I'm sorry I put Jo before you."

"What happened," I asked him.

"She was cheating on me. I don't think the baby is mine," he told me.

"Well, either way, she was your girlfriend at the time and I don't want you to think that it had anything to do with that fact. I just was so angry at losing everyone that mattered most to me. I didn't want to lose you too but I knew that with a new baby on the way, I had no place in your life."

"You are my life," he said, then caught what had already slipped out and quickly tried to fix it. "I mean, you're my responsibility, my job, and my job is my life. So you in turn are my life."

"I understand, Sebastian. I just don't think I can forgive you that easily," I told him. Even as I said it, I wasn't sure I could hold any anger towards him. He looked like he hadn't slept in days and his hair was in dire need of a trim.

"What do I need to do," he asked me.

"Let's go somewhere," I told him, starting the car.

***********

Jaxon's POV:

I stared off after Raven. Mia looked like she couldn't decide whether to be mad or sad about Raven yelling at her. I honestly thought it was a long time coming. Mia was a self-centered girl and always has been. I hadn't understood why Raven had ever been friends with her or kept her around. It brought back high school all over again. Mia had ditched her back then, when she and Caleb started seeing each other.

"You know, Mia, Raven has been nothing but a great friend to you. She arranged to spend an entire month here with you for your wedding and even got the band to play at your reception. She had to put up with me and my obnoxious ex but she did it all for you. She never once said anything bad about you. You didn't even consider that as a celebrity, that has already been attacked by her stalker, that maybe she isn't the best person to house your child.

"You say she's selfish but she gave me up to Julia, sacrificing her own happiness. She's the kindest person that has ever graced this planet and she has been hurt again and again by everyone that claims to love her. Myself included."