Rebound girl part 2

I felt the cool air blow into my face as the leaves changed from green to reds, yellows, and browns. Autumn was finally here and I couldn't have been happier. It was definitely one of my favorite times of the year, so beautiful and peaceful. The only downside of this whole scenario is Matt. I didn't talk to him the whole summer. Which left me just to stay in my room bored out of my mind.

I saw him in the halls and outside of his house it's just we didn't engage into a conversation. I honestly felt lonely without his company, but he seemed fine all by himself. I've heard from roomers than he won the bet and got a lot of cash.

It just never dawned on me that Matt would be such a man whore. He never came to me again after that day and that goes to show you how he only used me. I just was the rebound girl. Nothing else, but a toy just like Margret.

It stung like hell, but I've learned to move on. Or at least tried to move on. Quickly I grabbed my light jacket out of my bag and stepped off the steps of the dingy school. It was a Friday night and I was planning to beige watch American Horror Story from season 1-3 on Netflix.

Being the lucky girl I was I had to walk home from school today because my mother was working. I really need a car sooner or later. I skipped along until a deep voice called out my name. I turned around meeting piercing blue eyes. Nash.

"What?", I snap.

"Nice to see you too?", he chuckled making the skin around his eyes crinkled.

I sighed placing my hand on my hip with sass. Waiting for his answer to why he was even bothering to talk to me.

"Matt really does miss you? You know that right Y/N", his eyes widened giving me all his attention.

"Sure he does. Matt looks completely fine without me", I sarcastically laughed finding this amusing. Did Matt pay him to make this all up?

"He gave up the bet..", Nash whispered.

I knotted my eyebrows together feeling laughter erupt from my mouth like lava. "Nash seriously you don't have to lie to my face about this".

"I'm not lying Y/N... I'm being serious. The day he came to your house he gave up the bet. We all stopped it", he spoke with seriousness.

I stare at his face seeing if it would give away any hint of lying, but it didn't. I crinkled my lips into a tight thin line. I was having a hard time believing this story especially with all the roomers flying around.

My heart believed ever word, but my mind was not convinced. I wanted to hear it from Matt's mouth not Nash's. I forgive Nash, but I'm still flustered with Matt. It was all confusing and it's been rattling my mind for the past couple of months.

"Look I know your trying to help Nash, but I want to hear it from Matt's lips. Then can I only think about becoming friends again. Okay?".

He nodded obviously feeling defeated. I spun around on my heel feeling terrible. I really missed all the guys. They were funny and just awesome to be around. Like I said before I've known Matt since 3rd, but I have also known the boys for awhile too. I met them in 5th grade and I can still remember it to this day.

Matt was having his 11th birthday party on this sunny hot day in Virginia. Of course he invited Nash and the Jack's, but the problem was I hated them. They were always snotty and made fun of me because I played baseball on a guy's team.

Although Matt and I were close he really bonded with the boys over that school year. I remember crying to my mom that I didn't want to go to the party. Saying that Matt wouldn't want me there anyways.

Obviously I went and I'm forever thankful I did. I was the only girl at the party besides Matt's sister Kristen, but she was older than me by a few years. So technically I was the only girl.

We all ended up playing a baseball game and that's where I shined. Gilinsky was the pitcher for the other team and he threw the ball really fast. I remember screwing my eyes shut praying I'd hit the ball.

Stepping onto the home plane my legs began to wobble, but I wasn't going to let my nerves get in the way. He received two strikes from me until I hit a triple. It was one of the happiest days of my life.

From that day on it was Matt, the Jack's, Nash, and me. We all had our little group. The moral of the story is without me being brave enough to play against Jack, I might have never got to know the real side to the boys.

Like how Gilinsky secretly sings in front of the mirror. Or how Johnson still to this day cannot sleep without his baby blanket. How Nash is a afraid of being forgotten. And how Matt sometimes sucks on his thumb in his sleep when he is worried about something.

I've grow so close with all this boys I love them to death, but not as much of Matthew. He had a special place in my heart and still does. I've actually developed a crush for him over the years. It sorta embarrassing to think about.

By 4 I get home to the same shabby house in Woodbridge Virginia wishing I could re do the day everything changed for me. Maybe if I would have talked it out with him things would have been different.

But no I had to scream and not let a word slip from his mouth. I was such a bitch that day. Though I still had the right to be mad with him, and Matt not apologizing didn't help the situation anymore.

Maybe it was time for me to talk to Matt even if I've be dreading how the conversation would go.

----
So part 2!!!!???? Not a lot happens, but I wanted to make a part 3 to split it up because well I can 😋

Sorry I didn't update earlier I was spending time with my best friend. (And we don't get to do that a lot because of school and blah blah)

Part 3 should be up by Wednesday! ☺️ love you all very much!