Be Straight Forward

Hope you enjoy this matthewsvanss it's going to be in Matt's pov and yours! :)

Today was the day. I have to do it. Syd was one of my closest friends. We became really close in 9th grade and were friends since then. I always sorta had a crush, but I was a wuss to say anything. And here I am the night before prom deciphering if I should tell her my feelings.

I ran a hand through my hair. Maybe I shouldn't... It would make things weird between us, right? I looked down at the bouquet of roses that were in my left hand, which was shaking violently. I gulped feeling a bead of sweat run down my temple.

I sucked in a deep breath walking up to her front door knocking lightly. Oh god I can't. I should just leave. I turned around ready to walk back to my car, but it was too late she opened the door.

Quickly I hid the flowers behind me as I weakly smiled at her. "Hey Syd", I spoke with trembling fear.

"Hey Matthew! I didn't know you were coming over, come in", she sweetly smiled moving aside so I could step in.

I raised my hand to say I was just stopping by, but decided against it as I followed her up into her room. It was a light purple color and had the theme of NYC, her favorite city.

"I'm so excited for tomorrow!". I laughed looking at her. Syd's been talking about going to prom since freshman year.

"Yeah it felt like yesterday we were both freshman", I scratched my head feeling a cloud of awkwardness surrounding us.

"I'm lucky that I'm going with such a good friend!", she squealed hugging me. I felt my heart drop. That's the thing I don't want to be just friends.

"Yep great", I sighed not hugging her back, but immediately regretting it. I looked at her seeing her facial expression drop.

"What's wrong?", she knotted her eyebrows. This is it just tell her how you feel! Don't hold back go all out.

"Um ah er", my voice cracked as my mouth went dry. Don't chicken out this time c'mon.

[ Syd's pov ]

"You can trust me", I whispered looking at Matt. He was stumbling across his words for the past ten minutes. I was starting to worry.

I initially was going to tell him about I felt towards him. That I've had a crush on him for the past four years, but now I wasn't to sure. Maybe it was best for us to be friends.

"Syd... I've thought about many different ways to tell you this, but I think being straight forward is key. I really like you and always sorta did. You are so beautiful. It would be a great honor if instead of going to prom as friends, you went as my date", Matt nervously spoke rubbing a hand on his forehead.

"I-I", I stuttered not finding the words to say. Matthew actually liked me too. He felt the same way!

"You don't feel the same way do you?", he looked down with disappointment.

"No! Matthew I-I like you too", I blushed looking at his expression change to a huge smile.

"Really?", he beamed raising his eyebrows. I nodded as he pulled me into a hug.

"And yes I will go as your date", I pecked his cheek.

"Maybe I should take chances often more often", he smirked pulling roses out from behind him.

"Oh my gosh these are beautiful! Thank you so much", I exclaimed feeling all my worries rush away.

And with that I couldn't wait to start a new chapter in my life with Matthew.

-----
So again hope you enjoyed!!!! :) And sorry if it sucked..

And if you asked for a imagine I'm working on them to post them as soon as I can!

I'm so happy a lot of you asked for them!