Rough Loss

I laid on the wet, muddy grass feeling the rain hit my body like pins and needles. My hair tightly clung to my face as I close my eyes trying to stop myself from crying. I swallowed hard squeezing my eyelids tighter. Viscously I wiped my eyes standing up to grab my stick off the grass.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!", I screeched hitting the ball as I missed the goal again.

I let out a groan as I pulled on the ends of my hair, before trying to hit another field hockey ball, but completely missing. Again and again I smacked the ball as hard as I could. But again and again I missed.

"Ughhh!", I screamed throwing my stick on the ground before I collapsed into tears.

I looked at the scoreboard that read 2-1 with disgust. It was the championship game for states. We were in double overtime and I was trusted to take the winning goal. If I made it the game would of ended with us winning states. But I missed making them have the ball with 2 minutes left. And within the last 36 seconds they scored.

I rolled in a ball on the ground feeling myself shake from the ice cold rain. I ruined our chance. Why was I so stupid? The whole team probably hated me now.

"Y/N?", I heard a deep raspy voice behind me as they lightly touched my back.

Whipping my head around I tried to wipe the tears from my eyes to make out who it was, but I couldn't they just kept being replaced my new ones.

"Shh Y/N, it's me Matt", my boyfriend grabbed me into a hug tracing circle on my back.

"Matthew you're here!?", I balled looking at him through my blurry eye vision.

"I'm here baby. I'm so sorry, I should of been here earlier", he lightly smiled rubbing his thumb across my cheek.

"I'm just glad you are here now!", I wiped my eyes before tightly hugging him again.

Although Matt took my mind off the game for a few seconds, memories came rushing back into my head. "Matt I made the team lose", my lip began to tremble as I looked up at him.

"No Y/N.... Please don't cry", he wiped underneath my eyes quickly. "It's not your fault, it's the whole teams fault. Together we win, together we fall, but in the end we win them all", I cut him off smiling at my teams cheer.

"All for one and one for all gooooo cougars!", I yelled as my voice echoed through the stadium.

"Now babe take the winning shot", Matt pecked my lips as he gave my my stick and moving out of the way.

I smirked taking the stick from him. Wrapping my hands around the handle, I felt the tips of my fingers spread with energy. I brought my stick back imagining it hitting the back board. I cut through the grass slapping the ball as hit the back board of the net. I felt mg muscles loosen as Matt came running over.

"You did it babe! You won!", he screamed lifting me up as he pecked my lips repeatedly.

"I love you so much", I said smiling into the kiss as I ran my hands through Matt's soaking wet hair.

"I love you so more Y/N", he moaned against my lips as he kissed my hungrily.

And it felt as if I was winning over and over again with each time Matt's lips moved with mine.