Take me back

[ Gianna's P.O.V. ]

It wasn't the same. Walking down the halls in school wasn't the same. Nothing was the same. Of course I'd see him walking in the halls, but it's not like he'd even give me a second glance after what happened.

We got in this huge fight over I don't even know what. That shows you how long ago it was. I think 6-8 months ago we broke up. Yeah that sounds accurate.

Those months were/still are a living pain for me. He was my best friend before my boyfriend. It was like he took something and left a hole that I only filled with regret.

I was walking to my last class until I bumped into a tall figure. I stumbled back, but caught myself luckily. "Sorry", I brushed myself off looking into the brown familiar eyes.

"It's fine", Matt spoke monotone. I gulped realizing we haven't spoke since we broke up.

Before I could say anything else he shot me a glare and left without another word. I stood there confused and miserable. He couldn't even look at me without disgust written all over it. I had to do something. I didn't want to be looked at with anger anymore, we needed to talk.

***

Starting the ignition was easy considering I've been thinking about it for the last four hours. It's Friday night, look at me. . I glanced over at the blurred rear view mirror revealing an unwelcoming face.

Mascara ran down my eyes and whatever is left of my braid hung in my face. "We'll hello Gianna, you look quite lavishing this morning." "Great now your talking to yourself." I harshly added feeling fidgety.

I rubbed over my shoulders looking for extra warmth but not receiving any. I looked down the street, clicking my turn signal finally reaching my destination, Matt's house. I jumped out of my car and ran to the doorway. I pressed the doorbell. Nothing.

"I'm going to get frost bite out here" I added glancing down at my fingers. I heard a constant beat of feet scurry down the stairs. This was it the moment I've been waiting for. I at least dreamed a different 100 ways on how this would all go down.

There he was. He looked at me tiredly with no expression. "What are you doing here?", he rubbed his eyes.

"To talk about us", my teeth clattered earning a shiver out of me. Matt's brown eyes seemed cold and hard. The last time I saw him this angry was when we got in the fight.

"Gi", Matt stopped noticing he called me by my nickname. "Gianna their isn't anything to talk about", his voice softened.

"Yes there is! Matthew I can't stop pretending I don't love you", I cried as tears slid down my cheeks.

Matt gave me a testifying look before letting me into his house. I stepped in with no hesitation with memories coming back instantly. His house was always warm and cozy. He closed the door with one push leaving us in silence.

"If I remember correctly you broke up with me", he cocked a eyebrow pointing a finger.

"Yeah I know! Matthew it was a stupid choice", I whimpered with my lip trembling.

"You said you were too busy with a relationship", he groaned running a hand through his hair.

"I was Matt! It's senior year and I have school and sports. I didn't want to let you down".

He sighed pacing back and forth. "I loved y-". But I cut him off by crashing my lips onto his. Matt kissed back instantly with hunger. Holding my face with both of his hands. I smiled into the kiss. He licked my bottom lip asking for entrance as I opened my mouth wider with acceptance. I pulled away breathing heavily as so was he.

"Look I'm sorry. I just want to be with you again".

Matt smiled rubbing his thumb across my cheek. "I missed you so much baby", he smiled. My heart jumped with happiness giving him a hug. I felt the happiest I did in months. And all because of the boy of my dreams loved me back.

----
Hope you enjoyed @ayee_unicorns ! I had so much fun writing this :)