I'm a fighter

Hope you enjoy this @_gueenespinosa ! Btw I'm so sorry that I didn't update this earlier... I thought I hit publish, but never did. Again I'm so sorry.

"Samantha you have Acute Myeloid Leukemia", my doctor spoke softly looking down at his paper, so he wouldn't have to look me in the eyes.

I gulped taking in a deep breath. I looked over at my mother who was on the verge of crying, but held her composer together. "May I ask what type that is", my mom asked as her voice shook.

"It's a type of cancer that starts in blood forming tissue. And in this case Sam yours is in your bone marrow. It causes large amounts of abnormal blood cells to be produced and enter the blood stream", he looked up from his clip board, still not looking me in the eyes.

There I sat in the white little room on the table with tissue paper underneath me, staring in a daze. In one complete second my life changed. How was I going to tell Matt? How am I going to be able to look him in the eyes?

I watched my mom sign the papers so I would be able to get the medicine I needed. Quietly I followed my mom to the car, the only sound heard was the crunch of rocks underneath our feet.

I buckled my seat relaxing my shoulders into the seat. The roar of the engine came to life as my mom turned the key. "Are you going to tell Matthew?", my mom spoke breaking the wall of silence.

"No", I groaned closing my eyes. I can't tell him. He can't know I'm sick. Matt will treat me differently. He will look at me different.

"I don't think that's a good idea..", she clicked the turned signal to turn right. I slumped into my seat knowing she was right.

"I just can't right now."

*Four months later*

I stared back at my reflection in the mirror. My skin was pale as snow, my eyes lost of there life, and better yet I was losing my hair. I didn't dare tell Matt that I had leukemia yet. I just couldn't.

I had to make a choice though. Shave my head or eventually let it go bald? I didn't know what to do. I need someone to help me and that someone had to be Matt. I texted him telling him to come over, that I needed to tell him something.

Matt texted me back saying he would be right over. And before I knew it I heard the door opening and closing. "Up here!", I weakly called looking at my black bags. I was losing all strength I had.

"Hey baby", Matt smiling pecking my cheek. I lightly returned his smile leading him into my room.

"I need to tell you something that I should have awhile ago. Let me finish and then you can say whatever", I sat down on my bed patting the seat next to me. He nodded looking at me with a cocked head.

"Four months ago I was diagnosed with leukemia. I didn't tell you because I didn't want to be treated different. But now I'm telling you because well I need your help. As you can tell I'm becoming more weak and losing my hair. I want to know if you think I should shave my head", I croaked swallowing air.

"Babygirl look", he cooed getting down on his knees so he could look me in the eyes. "I would never dream of treating you differently. Never in a million years would I look at you differently either", he paused rubbing my cheek softly. "And you know why?", he asked.

"Why?", I wiped my eyes from tears.

"Because cancer messed with the wrong girl. This is just a obstacle that you have to work to get past it. And I'm sure as hell YOU will beat this. I love you so much Sam. And I think you should shave your head to show how brave you are", he pecked my lips softly.

"Everyone is going to laugh at me", I pouted wishing I could take what I said back. I don't want to shave my head now.

"Well they can laugh at us both because I'm shaving my head too", he laughed cracking a smile.

"Really!?", I smiled standing up. Matt would actually do that for me?

"Of coarse! I love you so much. And I know you would do it for me, even if you didn't want to at first".

-

I laughed as Matt dragged the buzzer across my head. "It tickles!", I squealed looking at my buzzed cut hair.

"You're so weird", he laughed pecking my cheek again.

I smiled as he gave me the buzzer to cut his hair. "Are you sure?", I asked one last final time.

"Positive".

I shook my head before carefully cutting his hair. It nearly didn't take as long as mine though. I was excited to start this new chapter in my life. And I'm glad I had Matthew in it to support me through anything.