Chapter 2 : Hello new roommate~~

Joshua's point of view

The next morning, I wake up late. I have nothing much to do so lazing around without caring about time is my favorite thing. I walk into the bathroom and look at myself. Wow. I shake my head and brush my teeth. I finish it and wash my face and look up. I am still in the clothes from yesterday. God ! I stink. I quickly undress and shower. I can't stay long with this clothes. After the shower, I wear some comfortable clothes and go to the kitchen. I pick up aspirin and take it with some water. The headache isn't bad, but I don't want it to kill me. 

I put the bread in the toaster and wait for it as I look through Instagram and like the posts I was tagged in. I hear a ding which means the bread is done. I put my phone aside, grab a plate and a glass too. I fill it with milk and put the bread on the plate. I pick up all the things I want and walk to the living room. I put them on the tea poi and turn the television on. I munch on them without any hurry. I keep searching for something to watch and find a series I was thinking of watching for a while now. I sit properly and start it.

Woah ! I finished it. I like it. It is good. I smile and look around me. " Oh ". I purse my lips. I just ordered food for lunch and dinner which I had at wrong timings. I see the time and it is late. Tomorrow is Sunday so nothing to worry about. I clean up all the things near the couch; the left over and also all of the empty snack packets lying around. Even if the day finished with me just rolling around the house lazily watching the show I like, I LOVE IT ! I am happy about how leisurely it was. I go to my bedroom, fall on the bed and close my eyes to sleep with a small smile. 

The next morning, is the same again. I felt lazy but I take a shower. It has been more than 24 hours since I did, so (shrugs). Sunday is not fun day, for me it is lazy day. It has been a while since I enjoyed my weekend so much. I never really go out and just stay at home, so this time is nothing new. I finish the glass of milk and go to the kitchen. I put the dishes away, wash my hands and sit on the couch again. I keep switching between channels bored. I am not finding anything interesting to watch. Now that I am free, even feeling bored is fine. I am willing to enjoy that too. 

I stop at some channel and try to think of what show it was. I hear my door bell ring. I turn to the door surprised. Who on earth decided to visit me ? None of my friends ever come and most of them don't even know my place. My parents never come. I am the one who goes to them. " Who could it be ? " Still wondering about who was at my door, I get up from the couch and open the door. " Who are you ? " I see a guy in a casual shirt and jeans and he has a bag and a suit case. Who the hell is he ? Disturbing me right in the morning ? I mean it is not early, but still. 

This is the first time I've ever seen his face. He is good looking though, but that is not the point here. He looks at me from head till toe. I am in sweat pants and loose t-shirt but I couldn't care less. " Joshua ? " I nod. " Can I help you with something ? " He smiles and slowly pushes me aside. He opens the door wide open and enters the house. " What the hell ! I asked you a question. And why are you entering my house ? " He ignores my question and walks in. I stand there confused. I look between the door and this guy who just walked in. At the end I shut the door and walk in. 

He puts his luggage to the side and starts looking around the room. " Excuse me. What is it ? " He glances at me and turns away. I gape in shock. What is this ? Coming into my house and disrespecting me. " I am talking to you here. Answer me ". He turns to me. I ask him the thing that is bugging me ever since I saw him. " Who are you ? Why are you in my house ? " " If you are who I think you are, then I am in the right place ". " What is that ? Speak human language please. And dude. You are in the wrong place from what I see. Just check the address again ". 

He turns to me and moves his face closer to mine and I move back a little. " I don't think I am wrong. This is the right place ". I frown at his answer. " What do you even mean ? " My voice keeps going higher because I was losing it. He then goes around looking at all the things in the living room. " What are you doing ? " I ask walking along with him. He then walks into the kitchen. " What is it ? What are you doing ? " 

I go around with him. He opens the fridge but I close it. " Am I invisible or are you deaf ? " He just smiles and continues with his inspection. I scoff. He has some guts. He nods and walks out. " What now ? " I whine irritated with his behavior. He then walks into my bedroom. " Why are you going in there ? " I rub my forehead and follow him. " Nice room ". Gosh, this is tiresome. I am tired of it now. " Thanks, but that is not the matter here ". 

He smiled again. That damn smile. Makes me want to smack his face. I groan in frustration. " JUST WHAT ARE YOU ? " He looks out of the window. " Nice view ". " Yo dude. Do YoU eVeN hEaR mE ? I am asking you things here ". I put my hands on my hip. I can feel the anger dripping off my tone, but he is acting like he doesn't even hear me. He then walks out and goes to get his luggage. I was about to say that he made a good decision by leaving, but guess I was wrong. 

He just looks around and then walks in the direction of the bedroom. There are two bedrooms in the house. He walks to the other one and looks in. " I am guessing this is an empty bedroom ? " He asks me and doesn't even wait for my answer. He open the door wide and enters it looking at it. " It is fine. Not bad ". Why does he even care ? I stand at the door way, with folded hands and raised eyebrows. " You are speaking to me now and I asked you a damn QUESTION. Who. Are. You ? " My voice sounded dangerously low. I was clenching my teeth. I am officially pissed. He turned around with a smile. 

" I am Elijah. Your new roommate ". He smiled at me. I look at him trying to comprehend if I actually heard it right. I stare it him for a solid whole 5 seconds. " Huh ? " That is all my brain could think of to say after what I heard. 

                                                          -MG

Author notice :

Joshua is lit in this chapter. 😂😂 We both love his character. 🤩😂

Ohhh~~ That was something. 😂 

And there he goes, our other lead, Elijah. 

Elijah : Hello there.

Author : No one asked you to speak. 🙄😒

Elijah : God ! Fine. ( leaves )

Author : Good.

So yep you saw him. He just entered but you will see more of him from the next chapter. Look forward to it. 

My BR said Joshua is so polite. He actually thanks a complete stranger. 😂🤣

Also my BR helped me a lot on this. So thanks for it. 😘

I couldn't stop myself from uploading, so this is a bonus. 😉