Chapter 29 : Harmonious living.

Third person point of view

They walked out of the kitchen and to the living room again. Nicholas sat down with his coffee. " Here ". Elijah handed the cup to Joshua. " Thank you. You don't want anything ? " Joshua turned to Elijah. " Nope. It isn't too hot so you can drink it ". Joshua nodded and took a sip of his drink. " So, you are helping him ? " Elijah asked looking at Nicholas. 

" Yeah. I am ". Elijah nodded. " I will give you the names of the people to you ". Joshua told Nicholas. " Sure ". Nicholas nodded. " Can I ask you a few things ? " Nicholas asked looking at Joshua. " Yeah, sure ". Joshua gave a small smile. " How do you even live with this guy ? " Joshua laughed at the question. 

He eyed Elijah and then turned to Nicholas and spoke. " Is it that bad ? " Joshua didn't know much about Elijah, he couldn't really say anything. He was not sure of the standards of good and bad. Elijah glared at Nicholas, but Nicholas knew better than that. He was definitely safe for today, because there was Joshua. " Is it not ? " Nicholas asked a little startled. Joshua glanced at Elijah. " No it is not ". 

Nicholas's eyes went wide. " Really ? " " Yeah ". Joshua chuckled. " Woah. So it is nice ? " Joshua nodded and took a sip of his drink. " He helps around with work and his cooking is just amazing. And I think our living is pretty harmonious. So yeah its nice ". Nicholas nodded looking at Elijah. They drank in silence for a while. 

" So, who are they ? " Joshua put his cup aside which he finished. So did Nicholas. Joshua listed the names and even if Nicholas was shocked he didn't show it and just noted it down on his phone. Joshua picked their cups to put them in the wash basin. When Joshua entered the kitchen, Nicholas turned to Elijah. 

" What is this ? " He was whispering. " I told you I will tell you tomorrow. Stay quiet for now ". Nicholas nodded and they were acting normal again. When Joshua came back, Nicholas turned to him. " Do you have anything that you want to know in particular about them ? " " I want to know their background, like family, where they live and places they visit most frequently along with work purposes. If possible a little about their past too ". 

Nicholas nodded. " I will let you know when I find them all ". Joshua nodded. Nicholas turned to Elijah. " I guess I will leave now ". Elijah nodded. Nicholas bid his goodbyes and left. " Will he be able to do it ? " Elijah turned to Joshua. " Yeah, he is capable ". Joshua nodded. " By the way, I wanted to know if there is any gym nearby ". Joshua turned to Elijah. " Gym ? " Joshua thought rubbing his chin. 

" There is one. It is in the street ahead. I heard it is really good ". Elijah nodded. " Why ? You want to go ? " Elijah nodded. " And you will come too ". " Why me ? " Joshua frowned. He was too lazy for things like that. " You will stay fit. It will be good ". Joshua shook his head. " No way. I am not going ". " Come on. Don't be so lazy ". " Nope ". Joshua shook his head sternly. 

" Why don't you want to ? " Elijah asked turning to Joshua. " Should there a reason I want to ? " " Of course. If you work out it is good for your health. You will become stronger. There is nothing wrong with it though ". Joshua shook his head. " I don't mind how I am now. I am healthy enough already ". " Come on ~~ " Elijah sighed. 

They argued for a while and Joshua still didn't listen to Elijah. " Fine, don't then ". Joshua's eyes went wide. He was arguing till now and he just accepted, it is definitely fishy. Joshua didn't know what to say. " I will not cook anymore. You can do whatever you want ". Joshua was shocked. " That is not fair ". " Just like you said, I have no reason to cook anyway ". Joshua couldn't believe it. 

When did he get himself into a situation where he had to please this guy and now even coax him. " You can't do that ". Joshua whined holding onto Elijah's arm. Elijah was totally unfazed. He sat with a stone face and didn't say anything. " How about this ? Let's make a deal. I will go to the gym, so what is in it for me ? If you make a good deal, I will accept it. Just put the cooking aside. Don't bring it into this deal ". 

Elijah glanced at Joshua like he was considering it. Joshua pouted trying to look as pitiful as possible. " Fine. I will agree with this. I will give you a wish. I will do anything you ask me to ". " Really ? Anything ? " Elijah nodded. " Anything ". Joshua nodded. " Deal ". " Deal ". Elijah extended his hand and Joshua took it. 

They shook hands but Elijah didn't let go after doing so. Joshua looked at him with a raised eyebrow. He tried pulling away but Elijah didn't let go. He kept trying but Elijah's grip was like an iron grip. Joshua let his hand be; exhausted after using up so much energy. " See you need more strength ". Joshua rolled his eyes and pulled his hand away. Elijah smiled.  

They finished their dinner and were returning to their apartment. " Can I ask you something ? " Elijah nodded. " How about 3 wishes instead of one ? " " I am not a genie. And remember it is in exchange for you working out on regular basis. So don't you dare think of something like using that wish and ask things like me stopping you from going to gym ". Joshua scowled. 

" Tsk. So stingy ". Elijah smiled. " You are sure about all this that you are doing ? " Joshua took a deep breath. " Umm.... I don't know about all those. But I want to do it. So, I will do it ". Elijah nodded. They reached their apartment and Joshua walked to his room. " Good night ". Elijah nodded and sat on the couch. He took his phone to text Nicholas.

Elijah : Don't forget to come tomorrow.

Nicholas : OK.

Elijah put his phone aside. Too many things were twirling in his mind. But he concluded on one thing. If he is willing to do it, he should let him. And things are going the way he wanted. He doesn't want to risk it but if he wanted to be at ease; at the least he needs to let Joshua do it. He sighed and walked to his room. 

                                                         -MG

Author notice :

First meeting and Nicholas is labelled a thug. 😂

Joshua is starting to put his plan into action. 👀

Author : Can you give me your phone ? 

Elijah : Why ?

Author : Mine is dead.

Elijah : (is doubtful but still gives the phone)

Author : Thanks. ( turns to BR and whispers) quickly note down Nicholas's number.

Elijah : (smiles) Nicholas doesn't know where my armory is.

Author and BR : (freeze in place) 

BR : Did you attach your ear to this phone ? Why are you like this ~~ ? (gives phone back)

Author : That guy is useless for real. Tsk.

Nicholas : WHY AM I GETTING ROASTED EVEN WHEN I AM NOT EVEN INVOLVED IN THIS ? 

Author : Sorry (sighs)

BR : (sips drink sadly)

😂😂 I pity Nicholas pt 2. That was fun. 😂