Chapter 33 : Unstable heart. Thump! Thump! Thump!

Third person point of view

Once they entered the house, Elijah went to cook and Joshua left to take a shower. He was feeling too sticky and sweaty. He quickly finished his shower and dressed up. He walked out of the room after picking up his bag. He was about to enter the kitchen when he saw Elijah sitting on the chair. He froze at the doorway. 

Elijah threw his head back and sweat was rolling down his neck and his Adams apple bobbed up and down as he gulped. Elijah was working out along with Joshua so he was obviously sweaty too. But he immediately went to cook because Joshua said he was hungry. Joshua shook his head and felt his cheeks heating up. 

He was standing there forgetting to enter the kitchen. He let out of puff and walked in. He sat down on the chair and just started eating the food that was served for him. Elijah opened his eyes and sat up properly. He adjusted his posture and picked up a few tissues. He cleaned his forehead and threw them away.

He took out a bottle and drank the water. Joshua peeked at Elijah who was gulping down the water and immediately looked away. He finished his food faster than usual. " Thank you. It was as tasty as always ". He glanced at Elijah as he said it without making proper eye contact. " No problem ". Elijah smiled. 

Joshua mentally scolded himself for what he had been thinking. He picked up his bag. " Bye. See you ". He got up and left the house. Elijah cleaned up and went to his room to take a shower. He stripped and got under the hot shower. He let out a sigh as the water hit his body. It has been a while so he did feel a little sore after all the exercise and the shower felt good.

Joshua walked out of the building and took a taxi to go to his office. He sat down in the car and his mind couldn't get rid of the image of Elijah form earlier. The way he was sitting when Joshua entered the kitchen. His mind didn't stop there. He imagined Elijah standing under the shower and the water dripping from his hair... lips... chest... abs... 

He gasped at his own thoughts and put a hand on his mouth. He checked if the driver saw him. Luckily the driver was concentrating on the road. He sighed in relief. He hit his forehead lightly. " What the hell am I even thinking ? " He muttered to himself. He gulped as he felt his throat go dry. He shook his head and took deep breaths. 

He thought he might be able put his thoughts away as time went by, but this was a little too much for him. He remembered how he felt when they were making cup cakes too. He put his hand to his heart. He looked out of the window. He didn't know what to do with this heart of his and the thoughts in his mind. He let out a sigh and zoned out.

He soon reached the office. He paid the driver and walked into the building. He took the elevator and went to his floor. Like always he greeted the people on his way and went to sit in his chair. He cracked his knuckles and started with his work. He felt his hands having a light pain. It might be due to all the punching he did. But he didn't slow down in the slightest.

When it was lunch time, like usual he sat at the table along with his teammates. Joshua's mind went back to the food Elijah's cooking as he ate the lunch. Even though both of them were tasty, the food Elijah made had a homely feel to them. And Joshua wouldn't think twice and pick Elijah's if he had to choose. He smiled and finished eating.

Once they were done he went back to his seat. He received a call from Brian asking him to come to his cabin. " May I come in sir ? " " Come in ". He walked inside and Brian gave him a few files asking him to give them to the other department. Joshua took them and walked to the elevator. The doors opened and he saw someone else was there. It was Noah, Alex's assistant. 

Joshua gave a smile. " Hey ". " Hey. Haven't seen you for a while ". Joshua nodded. " Yeah. I didn't see you much even in the cafeteria ". Noah sighed. " Work. Because of the new collaboration there is quite some amount of work to handle ". " Oh right ". Joshua nodded. " So which company is it ? " Joshua asked carefully. 

Noah turned to Joshua and told him quite a few details. Joshua nodded and also spoke a little in between. Joshua didn't show it but he really didn't understand if Noah was dumb or just naive. He didn't expect him to just say the details. Even if not the complete information, Joshua got an idea of what it is like. 

He kept the conversation going and Noah told him a lot of things along the time. Joshua was happy inside but didn't show it on the outside. They reached the floor in which Joshua had to get down. The doors opened. Joshua turned to Noah with a smile. " Thanks. See you ". Noah waved and the doors closed. He finally was able to show his expressions openly.

Joshua opened his mouth wide. " How did he just say all those ? " He thought to himself as he walked to submit the files. Once he was done, he went back to work. He sat in his chair and couldn't help but think about the project. He doesn't really know the exact details, but from what Noah told him, the amount that is being invested didn't feel right. He found it suspicious. 

He wondered if it was really that high. " What do I do ~~? " He wondered and got back to work. He decided that once he goes back home, he can discuss with Elijah to come to a conclusion. His day finished and he headed back home. Thinking of Elijah.... Joshua shook his head. He got into the elevator of his building. He was the only one in there right now. 

" Get a hold of yourself ". He told himself and took a few deep breaths. The numbers seemed kind of dreadful to him right now. He walked out of the elevator and to the door. He even thought of fleeing and coming back after his heart calms down a little. But he couldn't. Elijah was still going to be there no matter when he comes back home. He finally made up his mind. 

When he entered the house, there was no one on the couch. He frowned and walked in. He could hear the sounds coming from the kitchen. He let out a small sigh. He put his bag aside and walked to the kitchen. He stopped a few steps from entering. Joshua was shocked would be an understatement. His eyes went wide and he froze in place like a statue not able to say anything. 

                                         -MG

Author notice : 

My BR liked the title. I do too actually. 🤩

Poor guy's heart is being toyed with. Aiya~~ 

Elijah is not even trying at this point. 😂 We are not letting him find out this because he is going to get all cocky now. 

Elijah : What are you talking about ?

Author and BR : ( froze and broke out in cold sweat )

Elijah :  (raises eyebrow)

BR : Roses are red, violets are blue.

Author : I am bad at rhyming. Banana ?

Elijah : ( disappointed but not surprised ) You both are as crazy as crazy can get.

BR : Thanks ?

Elijah : (huffs) You are hopeless.

BR : (laughs) No shit Sherlock.

Author : Tell something new. We heard that more than enough times. So try and enlighten us.

Elijah  : (shakes head and leaves)

Author and BR : (fist bump)

That was close. 😂 Anyway he didn't find out at the end that means we are successful. 

My BR absolutely loved the banana thing. 🤣🤣🤣