Chapter 21 : The chasing game.

Third person point of view

The next morning, Joshua woke up and felt a light headache. He stretched and got out of bed. He finished everything and picked up his bag. He walked into the kitchen and didn't find Elijah like usual. Instead, he noticed a bowl on the island. He walked up to it and noticed a stick note on the lid. 

' I have a slight headache so I went back to sleep. Can't keep you company. It will help you with hangover. Have a nice day, nerd  ;) '.

Joshua smiled at it. Even if he was uncertain about what Elijah said regarding the headache, he was relieved. He was not sure if Elijah really had a headache or just said that to avoid him. Even if it was a bit, just a teeny-weeny bit disappointing, he was actually happy to not go face to face with Elijah. He opened it and saw chicken noodle soup in it. He finished it and went to work. 

Elijah woke up and walked to the kitchen. He picked up a glass to drink water. He saw Joshua has finished the food and smiled. He turned to the side and noticed a stick note on the fridge. 

' Thanks for the soup. It was tasty as always. Have a nice day too, grandpa  :D '. 

Elijah smiled and took the note. He drank water and went back into his room. Once done with everything he sat on the couch freshly showered. He wondered if he should try more dishes. He switched on the television and checked if there were any cooking programs coming at the moment. 

He watched for a while but got bored, he opened YouTube. He searched for a few recipes and watched them keenly. He decided he was going to try them and see if Joshua was going to like them. He mentally took note of a few items. And later he would write them down somewhere. He remembered to save them to find easily when he wants to try. 

Joshua didn't have much time to think of other things when he was at work. When he came back home, he saw Elijah as usual sitting on the couch. He threw his bag beside the couch and sat on the couch. " Rough day ? " Joshua sighed. " Don't even ask about it. They wanted reports all of a sudden and in a different format than what we do in general. God knows how their brains work. We had to finish them on time and submit. I hope I didn't make any mistakes ". 

" You wouldn't have made any ". " I hope so too ". Elijah smiled. Joshua sighed. " I want to sleep ". Elijah shook his head. " Not without eating ". " I don't want to. I will just sleep ". Joshua whined like a kid. " No will do ". " Tsk ". Joshua sat and watched the television along with Elijah. He then turned to Elijah. " I am curious about something ". " What is it ? "

" Do you have social media ? " " I have none ". " Alright. Not surprising knowing it is you ". Elijah sighed. " One more time you say I am mafia, you will see what I can do ". Elijah warned with narrow eyes. Joshua rolled his eyes. " You cannot do anything ". " You really want to test me ? " Joshua just shrugged and turned to the television. " You ! Come here ". Joshua got up from the couch and laughed. 

" I didn't even say anything, what is it with you ? " Elijah got up but Joshua stood on the other side with the table in between. " You want to see right ? Come then ". Elijah warned as he chased Joshua who was laughing. " It is fine. Just quit it. Come on ". He pulled a sprint and into Elijah's room because it was closer to the living room. Elijah was following him closely behind. He entered the room and went up the bed. He was panting due to the running. 

Elijah came towards him trying to pull him. Joshua threw the pillows on Elijah. At the end he even threw the blanket and ran out of the room. He heard Elijah's muffled screams and ran to his room laughing. He tried taking a deep breath and decided to close the door of his room, but Elijah was already at the door way. 

Joshua's eyes went wide when he saw him. " I didn't even say anything, so calm down. Violence is not a good option. Dear young master, I am tired from a long day. So let it be. Alright ? " He tried coaxing and negotiating with raised hands. He was really out of energy after all the running around.

Elijah walked in and Joshua took steps back. His back hit the wall. Elijah was a few steps away from him. He decided to dodge Elijah and runaway. When he was about to push Elijah away, Elijah caught a hold of him. He pinned Joshua to the wall. Their faces really close; both of their breathing intermixing due to the proximity. Elijah stared right back at the wide eyes of Joshua. His body was pressed against Joshua's not allowing him to move. 

They were both breathing heavily due to the running. Joshua gulped hard looking at Elijah. Elijah's face held no expression. It was just his usual blank expression. Joshua bit his lip because of how nervous he was. He could see Elijah's eyes go from his eyes to his lips. Elijah stared at Joshua's lips for not more than a few seconds and looked back at his eyes. 

Joshua didn't want to look at Elijah in the eyes, so he looked down and took deep breaths. He could feel both of the heartbeats which were fast, due to the running or................ Elijah let go of Joshua's hands and moved back. He rubbed his neck moving away in slow steps. He turned around and walked back into his room without even glancing back. 

He closed the door behind him as he went to his room. He went into his bathroom. He got rid of the clothing and stood under the shower. He let the cold water hit him and make him come to his senses. The cold water running over his body felt more chilling over his hot body temperature at the moment. 

On the other side, Joshua sat on the floor and pulled his legs to his chest and ducked his head. He sat there for a while. He let out a shaky breath and sat on the floor not able to find it in him to move. He changed his position. He sat with his legs crossed and just stared into the space. He didn't even know what to do. 

When he was out of the daze, he realized a lot of time has passed and his body is craving food now. He was hungry. He wasn't sure if he wants to go out and see Elijah now. He went to the bathroom to take a shower. When he was in the bathroom, he heard a knock. He didn't say anything. 

He heard one more knock and he heard Elijah say something. He couldn't hear it clearly. Once he finished his shower and put on his clothes, he opened the door. He found food in front of the door. He didn't know what to do. He peeked out and could feel the silence. He stepped back and looked at cover again.  

He took the cover and went inside sitting on the floor leaning against the bed. He sighed and ruffled his hair. He huffed and stared at the cover. He opened it and finished the food. He was hungry after all. He went out to put the cover in the dust bin. He felt no movement in the house even though it has been a while, not even the television. 

So it meant Elijah was in his room. He went into the kitchen, drank water and went back to his room. He slept on the bed staring at the ceiling. He couldn't bring himself to sleep. He tossed and turned. He sat up frustrated. He took his phone and started wasting time. He gradually got tired and fell asleep. 

                                                                 -MG

Author notice :

The temperature is rising. 🥵😳 (fanning themselves) 😂 

My BR loves that tension. 😂 

One of my friends who reads this is disappointed they didn't kiss yet. 😂😂 I told her to just calm down, but I feel like she is going to come find me for not letting them kiss AGAIN. 😂 RIP myself. 😂 

Elijah : I am too. (gun clicks)

Author and BR : (freeze in place) Peace please. ✌🏻 (runs away at full speed)

Elijah : (sneers)

That was close. 😂 I am definitely stealing that gun tonight. 😂 My BR said that we should really steal it, if not people are going to believe he is mafia. 🤣🤣

There is this certain subject I kind of like but the person teaching it made it so boring. 😑 I feel like crying when I listen to the classes. Ugh. 😭 I am just going to get it done with. I have no choice. 😶