Chapter 17 : The results.

Third person point of view

Joshua took a deep breath. Elijah put the plate aside and turned to Joshua. " Your turn ". " I really don't think I should do it ". " I am not asking you to defuse a bomb. You are only making an omelette. Come on. You can do it ". Joshua stood in front of the stove and closed his eyes. He opened them with determination and decided to do it. He put some butter and then the batter. 

Elijah was beside him and he helped through the whole thing. Joshua burnt it a little, but it was fine. He was definitely happy with the result. Better than burning the pan or the house. Elijah took a bite from his. Joshua also tasted it and it was not that bad. " It is fine. For a beginner you aren't that bad. If you keep trying you will get better ". Joshua smiled. " Thank you ". Elijah nodded and they finished eating. 

" Want to watch a movie ? " Elijah nodded. They sat down to watch a movie while having some junk food. They finished one movie after other and kept going on and on. Joshua didn't get much time for himself, from the time he started working. The only time he had to himself was his weekends, so he spent it wisely by being lazy all day long. So like always he kept watching movie after movie. Elijah didn't complain and watched as well. 

By the time they stopped, it was already dark. Joshua stretched a little. Elijah checked his phone and then turned to Joshua. " Shall we go out for dinner ? " Joshua nodded and got up. He went to his room to wash his face and then left together. They went out to their usual place and had dinner. They kept chatting about the movies they watched.

On their way back Joshua took the initiative to make conversation. " Can I ask you something ? " Elijah nodded. " I will answer as long as I can ". " Why don't you have breakfast ? " Elijah laughed at the question. " Why ? " He was amused for sure. Joshua answered casually. " Just asking. Even though I have a general idea of what you do at home; I don't know for sure. So I am curious ". 

" Not much of a reason. I am not really used to the sleeping hours, so I am not having it. Generally I do have breakfast ". Joshua nodded. " What about lunch ? " " Why are you interrogating me ? " " I told you I am just curious ". " I have it, but I just order it most of the time. I am too lazy to cook ". Joshua nodded. " Want to know about dinner too ? " Joshua gave him a blank expression and stopped walking. Elijah laughed and pulled Joshua's arm. 

Joshua shook his head. " You said there are people you know around here ? " Elijah nodded. " Relatives ? Friends ? " " Yep ". " Then why come here ? You could've stayed there ? " " You already know I came here for a reason. Then why would I go there ? " Joshua nodded. " Oh right. I forgot ". He rubbed his neck. How could he forget that ?! See he can be dumb too. " Maybe you can at least go meet them ? " Elijah shook his head. " They are not that close ". 

" Do they know of your arrival ? " " I don't think they do. I didn't contact them ". " Oh okay. I believe it now ". " What do you believe ? " Elijah turned to look at Joshua when he got no answer and he immediately understood. " No you don't ". He answered firmly. " Yes. I. do ". " No ". " Yes ". Joshua laughed. " Will you show me your gang ? " Elijah rolled his eyes. " I told you I am not ". " Do you have a large room with a lot of weapons ? " " What do you mean ? " 

They entered the elevator of their building. " Do you have a gun with you ? " Joshua asked curiously. Elijah sighed. It was like his words were not even entering Joshua's ears. Joshua was facing him while speaking. " Tell me please. I am not going to tell anyone. I promise ". Elijah turned to face Joshua and moved forward. Joshua stepped backward as an instinct. His back hit the wall of the elevator. 

Elijah stood close to his face and his hands were on either side of Joshua on the metal wall. Joshua was staring at him with big eyes. " How about you come to my room and check everything along with my whole body to see if I have any weapons on me ? What do you say ? " He asked with a smirk. Joshua opened his mouth in shock. " You are such a jerk ". 

He pushed Elijah away and stood properly folding his hands, glaring at him. Elijah only laughed finding it rather interesting. Once they entered the house, Joshua walked towards his room. " Where are you going ? You are not curious anymore ? " Joshua turned around with a sharp gaze. " You want me to kick you out ? " Elijah pouted and Joshua rolled his eyes turning around. 

" You were really cute back there ". Elijah smiled. " YOU PERVERT ! " Joshua shouted in rage without even turning back. Elijah laughed and shouted back. " Good night ". He got a muffled 'good night' as a reply because the door to Joshua's room was already close. Elijah smiled and walked into his room as well. 

Joshua felt his cheeks heat up. " Who is cute ? " He mumbled and touched his cheeks. No one ever really said that, maybe a few times when he was a student and at his job during his start, but not recently. But he found something new was that, Elijah was smiling and laughing more than he did in the start. At the least that was what he thought he observed. 

He shook his head and walked into the bathroom after picking up a towel. He sat on the bed for a while drying his hair. He went to sleep once he was done with drying it. He didn't want to go out, in case he will see Elijah. Maybe he didn't dare.......? He turned to the other side and covered himself with the blanket. He pushed all the thoughts, making his mind blank and focus on sleeping.

                                                               -MG

Author notice :

Of course it is going to turn out well. 😏😂

My BR and me agree with Joshua. Elijah is a pervert.

Elijah : Who ? Me?

BR : No. Elijah is.

Elijah : (glares)

BR : Why ask when you know and already heard it ? Acting all innocent- (huffs)

Author : Home-run. (smiles)

My BR almost screamed it out at their own home. 😂🤣

🤣🤣🤣 Mini theater with Elijah is always fun. Even if it is us roasting him most of the time. 😂 But no, he is a nice guy too. 😂 

Life is........ tough. 😂 I don't even know how time is going by. The time for me to edit is coming by even before I realize. I actually didn't know if I will be able to upload, but I actually did 2. Which is a surprise for me too. 😂