Chapter 50 : (Not) Cooking with Elijah.

I'm writing this in the start because people might not read if it's at the end. 😂 There will be NO update next week. My BR has exams in the next week and I kind of want to flunk updating too. 😂🤭🙈👉🏻👈🏻 I have the new book to work on which I want to finish before new year. So yeah no chapters next week. EVERYONE MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAVE A NICE NEW YEAR TOO. GREETINGS IN ADVANCE ! SEE YOU NEXT YEAR ! 🥳🤩

Third person point of view

Joshua walked out of the kitchen after putting them away. " You sure you don't want to eat more ? " He heard Elijah ask from the kitchen. " No ". He sat down on the couch and saw Elijah come out of the kitchen and sit beside him. " Why did you get them ? " Elijah asked wiggling his eyebrows. 

" I am not a pervert like you. The pancakes that you made last time were good. So I got a few when I saw them ". Elijah chuckled and nodded. " I thought you liked the chocolate ones ? " Elijah tilted his head. " Both are nice. I cannot really choose ". " I like strawberry though ". Joshua gasped and hit Elijah. 

" Idiot ". Elijah chuckled. " Your punches are getting powerful though. They hurt ". Elijah said acting like he was really in pain. Joshua rolled his eyes. " Quit it. I didn't even hit that hard ". " But I am hurt ". Elijah said in a sad tone. Joshua frowned turning to Elijah. " Where ? " Elijah put his hand to where his heart is. " My heart ". 

Joshua closed his eyes. He let out a breath and opened his eyes again. " You were thinking of it for a while, weren't you ? " He asked with a blank face. " How did you know ? " Elijah looked like he was genuinely surprised. Joshua gritted his teeth. " That is not the issue here you idiot. It still sucked is the problem ". Joshua snarled and shook his head in disbelief. 

" You just don't have a good sense of humor ". Elijah said with pride. Joshua huffed and nodded sarcastically. " Yeah, sure. I don't. Our young master here is really great with a wonderful sense of humor ". Elijah smiled and turned to the television. They just watched the movie that was playing. They would speak about the movie from time to time. 

The movie was finally over. Elijah glanced at the time and they will have to go out for dinner in a while. " Shall I just cook dinner ? " He asked turning to Joshua. " Really ? " " I feel too lazy to go out. Let me just cook it ". Joshua nodded not knowing how that logic worked. Well it was Elijah here, so he decided not to think too much. 

Elijah walked to the kitchen to prepare dinner for both of them. " You want any help ? " Joshua asked still sitting on the couch. " No. I am good ". Elijah answered from the kitchen. " I want to be able to eat the food that I cook ". Joshua's face dropped and he glanced at the kitchen. " You want to die ? " He yelled and heard Elijah laughing. 

" But did you really ask because you wanted to help ? " Elijah asked leaning against kitchen door frame. Joshua pursed his lips. He glanced at Elijah and back at the television playing with the remote in his hand. He cleared his throat. " I was taught about human courtesy, helping nature, being kind and considerate when I was a kid ". He answered shamelessly with a straight face. 

Elijah sneered. " Just watch the television ". He went back into the kitchen. Joshua continued to watch the television after shrugging thinking it was Elijah's loss. He smiled and immediately covered it. He just sat there watching something that was playing. Elijah walked out of the kitchen after a while. " Can you get me some vanilla ice cream ? " 

Joshua turned to Elijah and nodded. " Thanks ". Elijah walked back into the kitchen. Joshua went to a nearby store and got the ice cream. He came back and walked in. He saw Elijah walking to him. Elijah took it from Joshua. " Thanks again ". He gave a peck on Joshua's cheek and walked away like it was the most normal thing to do. 

Joshua stood there frozen. He then shook his head and went to sit on the couch. Joshua heard Elijah call him after a few minutes. " Joshua ". He turned the television off and walked to the kitchen. He saw Elijah already served the food. He sat down and they started to dig in. " It is good ". Joshua said while eating. Elijah smiled.

When they were almost done, Elijah got up from the chair. He went to the fridge and took out two bowls. " What is it? " Joshua asked when he saw the bowls in Elijah's hands. " Cinnamon strawberry sundae ". Elijah said and put the bowls down. " Wow ". Joshua looked at the food. " You plated them so well ". Elijah shrugged. 

" Nothing much ". " So you asked ice cream for this ? " Elijah nodded. Joshua tasted the sundae and liked it. " It is so good ". He said taking another spoonful. " It is fine. But a little less lime juice would've been better ". Joshua frowned. " I think it is fine though ". " Really ? " Joshua nodded. Elijah also nodded. " Fine then ". 

Once they were done Joshua was the one doing the dishes like always. " Did Nicholas contact again ? " Elijah was sitting on the chair keeping Joshua company. Joshua shook his head. " No. Maybe he didn't find anything yet ". Elijah nodded. " Maybe ". He thought to speak to Nicholas later. 

They continued to chit chat as Joshua finished the dishes. " Soooo tiring ". Joshua sat down on the chair. Elijah chuckled. " By the way, we only found out about one of the three musketeers. There are two more left ". Joshua said turning to Elijah. " Yeah..." " Would Nicholas mind if I keep asking him for things ? It wouldn't be too much right ? " 

Elijah shook his head. " Nothing like that. You can ask him whatever you want. He will help for sure ". Joshua nodded. They spoke a little more and Joshua yawned. " I will go take a shower and sleep. Good night ". Joshua said and got up from the chair. " Good night ". Joshua smiled and walked out of the kitchen and to his room. 

Elijah was still there and didn't go back to his room. He fiddled with his fingers and drew random patterns on the counter. He sat there lost in thought for quite some time. When he came out of it, it was already late. He got up from the chair and walked out of the kitchen. He walked to Joshua's room and slowly opened the door. 

He walked in and sat down on the bed without making any noise. He saw Joshua sleeping peacefully. He put his hand on Joshua's head running his fingers through his hair lightly. " I am lucky I got to come to you again so soon ". He kissed Joshua's forehead and smiled. He walked out of the room to go to his own. He slept on the bed and fell asleep too. 

                                                     -MG

Author notice :

I don't think I will ever get over their bickering. 😂 It is so cute. But Elijah's " My heart ". 😶 Ew. 😂 I swear if it is my BR or me we'd throw them out of the window for using that line. 😂 

I tried writing the new plot, but halfway I couldn't go forward. I don't know what to do. I know what I want but am not able to put it out. So currently struggling with that. 🙃 I am not sure anymore. My target is to finish it before the year ends. But now, I don't know if I will be able to finish it. I hope I can. 🤞🏻

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance once again to all of you. ✨🥳