Chapter 37 : Goodbye.

Third person point of view

Elijah woke up earlier than usual and went to the kitchen. He finished preparing breakfast for Joshua. He put it in a box and left it along with a note. He finished his routine and packed what he wanted. He sighed and looked around the room. He double checked and walked out the room. He brought his luggage out.

He walked to Joshua's door. He raised his hand to open the door but stopped mid air. He lowered it with a sigh. He put his forehead against the door. " You are not the only one hurting ". He mumbled and took a deep breath. He moved away and backed away from the door. He walked out with his luggage.  

Joshua woke up feeling lightheaded. He held his head and closed his eyes. He sat on the bed letting his head feel a little better. He thought it might've been because of all the crying. " I hate this ". He mumbled to himself. He rubbed his eyes and face. He got out of bed and did his routine. It felt like he had no energy in his body.

He walked to the kitchen and saw the box that was placed there. He went closer and saw a note. ' Take care. Be careful. Eat well. Elijah '. It was simple. Joshua put it aside gulping hard. He understood that Elijah made him breakfast even when they were like this. He heated the food and finished it. He put the box in the wash basin. 

He walked out of the kitchen and to Elijah's room. He slowly opened the door. He looked up after he opened the door completely. Not like he didn't know already, but he was still expecting that he would find Elijah there. He entered the room in small steps and looked around. The room had a feel and slight fragrance showing that someone is definitely living there. 

He walked in deeper into the room. He sat down on the edge of the bed. He touched the mattress which was already cold. His finger tips traced the creases on the sheets. He gulped and felt a lump in his throat. He let out a small whimper. " Was I not worth even a goodbye ? " He felt a tear roll down his cheek. 

He wiped it away immediately sniffling. He felt like he was wasting too many tears. He took deep breaths and stopped crying too. He patted his cheeks getting a hold of himself. He walked out of the room and picked up his bag going out of the house to go to work. He tried his best to smile but it wasn't all that easy. His day felt too long and dreadful. 

He didn't even feel like going back home but he cannot not go. He opened the door and stared at the house which felt too dull. He was so used to seeing Elijah enjoying the shows so much that it felt lonely now. He sat on the couch and stared at the black screen. He couldn't help but remember once when he was flustered when he couldn't see Elijah on the couch as soon as he came back. 

Now Elijah was out of his life for a whole week and Joshua felt it was going to be pure torture. He walked into the kitchen and a lot of things which were almost over were full again. This was just ridiculous to Joshua. Elijah knew to take care of him, but wasn't even willing to say anything. Joshua scoffed and walked out of the kitchen with some snacks. 

He watched television for a while and went for dinner and came back. He took a shower and sat on the couch with a can of beer. " Was my life always this boring and plain ? It didn't look like it though ". He chuckled sadly. He couldn't afford to get drunk because he has work. His days felt even more difficult to go through. He found himself drinking daily, but not to an extent of getting drunk. 

He wasn't really into drinking, but now he felt like it. There was neither call nor text from Elijah. He picked up his phone every time he received a message hoping it was him, but he never received any. He walked into Elijah's room. He walked to the wardrobe and took out a hoodie. He hugged it close and sat on the bed. 

He sniffed it and it smelled like Elijah. He remembered the kiss. He didn't know if he should regret it. In his heart, he didn't want to. He liked it, a lot more than he thought he would. He wished he didn't react that way and just spoke it out without being the idiot he was right now and crying like this. He put the hoodie back in its place and went out of the room.

Finally time went by and it was Friday. Joshua received a text from Nicholas saying he wanted to meet. Joshua asked him to come home. He remembered he asked for some more information. Looked like he wanted to tell about that. He went back home and took out some juice. He poured it into a glass and sat on couch sipping on it.

He heard a knock and got up to open the door. " Hey ". Nicholas greeted him as soon as Joshua opened the door. Joshua moved away and opened the door to let Nicholas in. Nicholas walked in and sat down after closing the door. " About what you asked, these are the few places he frequents ". 

He showed a few locations on his phone. " This is the most frequent out of all ". It was named 'Night out'. It was one of the high end bars in the city. " Will we find anything if we go there ? " Nicholas thought for a few seconds. " Maybe. I am not sure but we might not come empty handed for sure considering the kind of place it is ". Joshua nodded. 

" I will contact you later again. Thanks for this ". Nicholas nodded. " How are you doing ? " Joshua looked up when he heard the question. " What is there to not be well ? Everything is like always ". Nicholas just nodded. " I guess I will leave now. If you want to talk about anything, don't think twice and call me. I don't mind it ". 

Joshua nodded. " Thanks ". Nicholas left the house. Joshua sat back and checked the locations once again. He put his phone aside and continued drinking his juice. Once he was done he picked up his phone. He stared at the contact of Elijah. He was contemplating if he should call or not. At the end, he didn't. He couldn't. He threw his phone back on the couch.

                                                       -MG

 Author notice :

Ugh ! Elijahhhh~~ What are you doing ?

Author : What is this again ?

BR : (actually mad) I already told you.

Author : I get it. I understand you, but this is not right. Violence is not an option.

Elijah : (nods aggressively)

Author : Don't you think you should understand how he felt about it too ? Think of it from his side.

BR : Ohw..... I think I understand.

Author and Elijah : (saw a glimpse of hope)

BR : But I still want to hit him.

Author : (rolls up sleeves ready to hold BR down and whispers to Elijah) Run if you want to live.

Sorry, not sorry. 😂 Things happen. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My BR said that it is really accurate and I agree too. 😂