Chapter 16 : Joshua's cooking trials.

Third person point of view

It was finally Saturday; to which Joshua was looking forward to as he had time to sleep for however long he wanted. Even on the Saturday morning, Elijah woke up on time like all the other days. He wondered if Joshua is awake yet. He paused on his way to the kitchen and changed his direction to Joshua's room. He opened the door and saw Joshua was still sleeping. 

He closed the door and went to the kitchen. He finished his duty of cooking the breakfast. Once done, he put it in box so that it will stay hot and then went back to sleep. Joshua woke up after a while, brushed his teeth and walked to the kitchen. He saw food already placed there and sat near the island to finish it. Once he was done he walked out of the kitchen. He stopped before going to his own room and glanced at the closed door of Elijah's room. 

He then walked to his own room. Since he was done eating, he decided to just go take a shower as well. He came back out after a shower. Elijah was still not out. He wondered about how many hours did this guy sleep on a daily basis. He sat on the couch and started playing a game on his phone. After a while, Elijah came out of the room. 

He looked fresh, so that means he actually finished his shower. " Afternoon ". Joshua greeted and went back to playing on his phone. Elijah only nodded and sat on the couch. Joshua finished a round and was bored already. He looked at Elijah who was looking at something on his phone. Joshua tried to peep in by craning his neck, but it was difficult, so he just sat back with a huff. 

" I am bored ". Elijah put his phone aside and looked at Joshua. " So, what will you do ? " " I don't know. You got any ideas ? " Elijah looked around and turned to Joshua. " How about cooking ? Want to try ? " Joshua's eyebrows shot up. " You mean me trying not to burn the pan and house ? " Elijah's lips held a small smile. " Are you really that bad ? " " I never tried a lot, so I am not sure. I might really not have a talent for cooking ". 

" First times going wrong actually can turn into traumas in a way, but let's try it. I will try to stop you from burning the house down ". Elijah got up and walked into the kitchen. " You are going to clean the dishes anyway, so I don't care about what happens ". Joshua was sitting gaping on the couch. He stood up and walked to the kitchen as well. He decided to try his best to not burn anything. " Let's start with something basic for survival ". " What is it ? " " Omelette ". " Okay ". 

Elijah took out a few spring onions and tomatoes. And also the most important ingredient, eggs. He carefully put them on the island and took out a bowl and a whisk. " Crack the eggs and put them in the bowl ". " Okay ". Joshua used the end of the bowl to crack the eggs and put the content into the bowl. " Good. Now take the whisk and whisk it and make sure it is mixed up well ". " Okay ". 

" The important thing is you should be a little rough to make sure it is whisked well, but don't let it spill out of the bowl ". " How can both happen ? Don't you think you are asking for the moon mister ? " Elijah rolled his eyes. " That is the reason I gave you a bigger bowl, so that you will not spill the whole thing out and once you finish whisking there will be something left in the bowl ". 

Joshua only gave him a blank face. Elijah took out a few eggs and bowl as well. He cracked them and took another fork which is a bit big to whisk it. " Watch me and try to do it ". Joshua observed Elijah's hand movement and did the same. He was not as good, but he tried his best not to spill it all over the place. Elijah changed Joshua's hand position. " Do it like this ". Joshua nodded and blinked. He felt Elijah's hand warmth with the slightest touch.

He got rid of the thought and got to work. Once he was done with it, Elijah gave him the cutting board and a knife. He gave him a tomato first. " Cut it into small squares ". " You think it is safe ? " " I only hope you don't chop your fingers. Besides that everything is fine ". Elijah picked up a smaller board himself and a knife. He took a tomato. " Cut it in half, like this ". 

Joshua followed Elijah and cut it in half. " Try not to crush it while holding and now try chopping it ". Joshua saw how Elijah does it. He tried it but ended up holding it with much force than needed and it got crushed a little. He looked up at Elijah. Elijah gave him a warm expression. " It is fine. You will learn it gradually ". He showed him a few ways to hold it, in order to not crush it too hard.

Once he finished chopping one way, he had to do it the perpendicular way. This was even more difficult. Elijah chopped them so professionally, while he had juice all over the board. He kept squeezing them. But Elijah was patient and said that it is common for a beginner. Joshua finished with the tomato. " Now take the spring onion ". He has already washed them before, so he just gave them to Joshua. Joshua held them like Elijah showed him to. 

" Now chop them thin, not too much but a little. Be careful with your fingers when you hold them ". Joshua nodded and held them. " No, no. Hold it like this ". He adjusted Joshua's hands. Joshua gulped and didn't look up at Elijah. He nodded and chopped them, slowly. Once he was done, he looked at Elijah. Elijah chopped them with ease and his hand moved in a perfect motion. " Did you do any course for cooking ? " Elijah chuckled. 

" Practice makes man perfect. Ever heard of it ? " Joshua pouted. Elijah patted Joshua's cheek. Joshua's eyes went wide but Elijah seemed unfazed. He did it so naturally. " Don't think so much. You just started. You will get better at it for sure. I will help you.... as long as I stay here ". Joshua felt strange in his heart. " Oh..... okay ". After a moment of silence he spoke again. " But how long ? " Elijah just shrugged. " That is not what's important right now. Come ". He took Joshua to the stove. 

He turned on the stove and put a pan and put some butter on it. Once it is heated up, he poured the batter he whisked into the pan. " Watch how I pour it ". Joshua observed every move. " See it is getting cooked, now carefully try to pull it a little ". Elijah carefully showed how to make it. As it was almost done, he put the chopped tomato and spring onion on it. And he finished it. He rolled it and put it on the plate. 

                                                                    -MG

Author notice :

Ohhhh~~ Elijah is teaching Joshua to cook. Nice.

I actually looked up for the recipe on the internet. 😂 And then read it through and tried my best in making it look like they cooked. I hope it was nice.  😂🙈 Not the omelette, the chapter. 😂😂 And you will see the results next week, please be patient. 😂

My BR is attempting some exams and studying hard so please wish them luck. My BR is a sucker for the skin-ship in this chapter.  😂

And I want to share a small inside story. 😂 So the poster I put is actually not my original choice. There was another pic which I wanted to use but it had something written on it literally in the middle and across. I tried searching to find one without anything written, but couldn't so I gave up.

Then I tumbled upon the pic that is there right now in the poster and edited it. I like this too there is no doubt. But later I didn't want to let go, so I tried editing out the words from the first pic and did it successfully without it looking distorted. I actually made a few sample posters of that picture too. 😂 

I sent them to my BR too and my BR loved them too. I like them too. They did come out really well. But since I already have this I didn't change. And there are too many choices and I cannot decide. So I didn't do anything about it and let this be. The end. 😂😂