Chapter 7 : Daily routine of the new roommates.

Third person point of view

Joshua walked out of the elevator and towards the house. He raised his hand to open the door. He let out a small breath and walked into the house. Even if he is aware of Elijah, seeing him as soon as he entered the house is not something Joshua is used to. He saw Elijah sitting on the couch cross legged. He was eating something and watching the television. He turned his head in the direction of the door to see Joshua. For that matter, Joshua might not be used to seeing anyone, but being it Elijah made him feel even more different. 

" Hey ". Joshua nodded as a greeting and put his back aside. He sat on the couch and rotated his neck. " How was your day ? " Elijah turned to Joshua who also looked at Elijah. " It is the same as always ". He rotated his neck one last time and looked around. " The house looks clean. You did it ? ". Elijah nodded and turned his attention back to the TV. " Really ? " Joshua asked a little baffled.

" What are you expecting from that question ? " Elijah said munching on his snacks. " You tell ". Elijah cocked an eyebrow. Joshua wiggled his eyebrows with a smile. Elijah turned to the television. " I did it. By myself ". " For sure ? " Elijah let out a long breath shaking his head knowing Joshua. Joshua shrugged but dropped it and turned to watch the television as well. Elijah let out a breath. He understood he was just getting played.

 After a while, Joshua walked to the kitchen. As soon as he entered the kitchen, he remembered that he forgot to buy milk. But he walked to the refrigerator anyway, to see if he will find something else maybe. He was shocked when he checked the fridge. He has never seen it be this full in all these years. Never. " Elijah ! " He saw Elijah standing at the door way. " You bought all these ? " Elijah nodded. 

" Why ? Wouldn't they be a waste ? " Elijah frowned at those words. " Why would they be a waste ? " " I don't cook breakfast that much and there is a cafeteria in the office for lunch. And I go out for dinner. So... " He shrugged at the end. " You never cook ? " Elijah was shocked to hear that. Joshua shook his head. " Why is that so ? Isn't it a little too much to eat like that ? You don't care about your health ? " Joshua just scratched his head. 

" Actually, I don't know to cook. Once when I tried, I burnt a pan. I didn't want to burn down the house, so I decided not to try again ". Joshua felt his cheeks heat up in embarrassment. He heard Elijah chuckle. " You are that bad ? " Joshua nodded scratching his head. " It is fine. I will do it ". Joshua looked up shocked. " You can cook ? " Elijah nodded. " I didn't expect it ". Joshua said with raised eyebrows.

" Just because I am rich doesn't mean I cannot do these things ". " I didn't mean it that way. You just don't look like the type who cooks ". " I used to live alone while studying, so I learnt a little here and there ". Joshua nodded. " Nice ". " Let's go out for now, but I will cook now and then. Is it fine ? " " Yep, sure ". Joshua walked into his room. 

Like always they went out and finished dinner. Once they were back home, Joshua took a shower and came out to see Elijah watching the television. He sat on the couch beside him. " You like to watch movies ? Or should I say television ". Elijah looked at him. " I just- " He didn't know how to phrase it. He blinked and just nodded at the end. " Yeah, just think of it that way ". 

Joshua knitted his eyebrows at that answer, but let it be anyway. " Where do you work ? " Elijah glimpsed at Joshua and asked. Joshua sighed and gave Elijah a sharp look. " I told you not to ask me all these when you know ". " And I also told you that I like to hear them from you ". Joshua rolled his eyes. " I work at S enterprises & co ". " For how long ? " Joshua gave it a thought. " Around 2-3 years maybe.....yep that much ". 

Elijah raised an eyebrow. Joshua didn't know what it was meant. " Hmm nice. You started working there as soon as you graduated ? " Joshua nodded. " After I graduated, I applied to a few companies. It was the first to give me a reply asking me to go for an interview. When I went I got selected, I didn't think twice and took the offer ". Elijah nodded. " Good ". They turn to the front again. 

They were getting used to each other's presence gradually. Joshua was getting accustomed to having another person beside him. But he was fine with it because, Elijah never felt like a nuisance. In a way it annoyed him, but he couldn't do anything about it. He was almost on the path of being fine with Elijah being around. He even has someone to help with managing the house which he was very thankful for.

Joshua woke up and ran a hand through his hair. He got out of bed and finished his routine. He picked up his bag and went out of his room. His phone was still in the room. He went back and picked it up from the side table. He walked to the kitchen and set his bag aside. He picked up a bowl for breakfast. It was cereal. He finished and put the dish away.

He picked up his bag and walked out of the kitchen. He saw Elijah coming out walking like a zombie. Joshua stopped in his step. " You shouldn't scare people like that ". Joshua said with a small smile. Elijah didn't say anything. Joshua shook his head. " If there is anyone who ever says they like you, show yourself like this and ask if they still do ". 

Joshua laughed. Elijah ran a hand through his hair. " Can't be helped and you shouldn't be bullying a person right in the morning like this ". Elijah rolled his eyes smiling. " Also I can say you don't look any better than me, so you have no right to say that to me ". Joshua laughed. " Fine fine. I agree ". Elijah saw Joshua was already dressed up and looked like he was actually leaving. Joshua checked the time.

" Anyways, I am leaving. Got to go. Bye. Lock the door before you go back to sleep ". Joshua started walking to the door saying all these while still looking at Elijah. Elijah nodded and Joshua turned around to stare at Elijah for a second like he wanted to say something else. But he didn't say anything at the end and left closing the door behind him. 

He sometimes found Elijah waiting till he leaves to lock the door but sometimes he doesn't. He could say that he was just sleeping. If he saw him he definitely reminded him to lock it without forgetting. At other times, he just locked it from the outside and left. He was a little used to it anyway. It came as a habit after living alone for a while.

                                                             -MG

Author notice :

Yo ! I actually uploaded.

I didn't expect myself to do so too. 😂 I did at the end. I guess I am definitely better. At least than last week. It is like I was not even able to say I am fine or pretend that it was fine. But now I am in a condition where it at least feels okay. Therefore I am okay now. 

Looks like I really can't sit back without working on this. 😂😂 I am happy though. According to me, the reason I got back is I had a reading frenzy and finished a long book. It has been a while since I did something like that, so it felt good. I enjoyed. But I don't see myself reading anything for a while again. 😂

Anyways, hope you have a nice day/night or whatever it is. Have a nice time and stay safe.