Chapter 65 : Elijah's care.

Third person point of view

The next morning Joshua woke up first. He was still in Elijah's arms. He smiled and put his hand on Elijah's cheek caressing it. Elijah opened his eyes and Joshua abruptly removed his hand. " Sorry ". Elijah took Joshua's hand, putting it back on his cheek. " It feels nice ". Elijah said with a small smile. Joshua smiled too. 

Elijah put his hand around Joshua and pulled him closer. Joshua happily cuddled into Elijah. " I don't want to go to work ". Joshua said looking at Elijah. " Then don't ". " But-" Elijah didn't let Joshua continue. " Just call in sick. I wanted to ask you to take a leave, but you said it before I could. And I would be way too worried if I send you to work after last night ". 

Joshua blushed looking down. " Are you shy ~~ ? " Elijah teased trying to meet Joshua's eyes. Joshua hit Elijah's chest. Elijah laughed it off. " Take leave for today, yes ? " Joshua nodded. Elijah smiled. " Good ". " Let me leave a message about my absence ". Joshua turned around a little wanting to look for his phone, but his back hurt. 

He turned back to the position with a small hiss and glared at Elijah. Elijah grinned innocently. " Let me get it for you ". Elijah got out of bed. He took out Joshua's phone out of the pant from previous night and handed it to Joshua. Joshua sent a text to Brian and got a response saying it will be fine and he can extend the leave if he is not too well. 

Joshua thanked him and put his phone aside. " Done ". Elijah nodded. " You want to sleep more ? " Joshua thought for a second and nodded. " Fine. I will wake you up once I finish cooking ". Joshua nodded and snuggled back into the sheets. Elijah went to his wardrobe. He picked a dress and walked to the bathroom. 

He finished his business, a shower and then went to the kitchen. He picked the ingredients required and started cooking. Once he was done, he went to see Joshua sleeping. He stood there watching Joshua, contemplating between waking him up and not. At last he decided to wake Joshua up. " Joshua, wake up ". 

He lightly shook his shoulder and Joshua woke up. " You are done so quickly ? " Joshua asked rubbing his eyes. Elijah nodded. Joshua sat up slowly and hissed lightly. " Let me take you to your room. You can fresh up and then come eat ". Elijah suggested feeling a little bad when he saw Joshua cursing him with his eyes. Joshua nodded. 

Elijah picked him up bridal style and took him to the bathroom in Joshua's room. Elijah sat down on the bed waiting for Joshua to finish. Joshua finished and noticed he didn't have the towel. He opened the door a little. " Elijah ! " He looked up to see Joshua peeking through the door. " Towel ". Joshua asked from the small gap.

Elijah got up and picked up the towel. He walked to Joshua with the towel and stood there with it in his hands. Joshua frowned seeing Elijah not giving it to him. " Give it ". Joshua put his hand forward. Elijah wiggled his eyebrows. Joshua pulled the towel and shut the door. Elijah chuckled. " Clothes are on the bed. I will see if the food is still hot ". 

Elijah said and walked out of the room. He went to the kitchen and checked the food. It was hot enough to eat since he used the hot pack. " Elijah ! " He heard Joshua call for him and immediately went to Joshua's room. He saw Joshua sitting on the bed with open arms ready to be carried.

Elijah smiled and carried Joshua to the kitchen, sitting him down on the chair. They finished the breakfast and Elijah cleaned up. He then carried Joshua to the couch. Elijah put him down and adjusted the cushions so that it will be comfortable for Joshua and helped him sit down. " I am not pregnant ". Joshua laughed. 

" I am just worried ". Elijah said looking sincere. " Yeah, yeah ". Joshua shook his head smiling. Elijah then sat down beside him. They sat there watching television. Joshua chuckled as they watched. A few minutes into the show, he felt weight on his shoulder. He turned to the side to see Elijah has fallen asleep. 

He smiled leaning back and adjusting Elijah's head so that he will feel comfortable. He continued to watch the television after lowering the volume. Time has passed and it was lunch time. Joshua started to feel a little hungry. He ordered food and put his phone aside. He turned to the side and noticed Elijah didn't wake up yet. 

There was time before the order arrives, so he decided to wake him up by then. Elijah moved lightly and woke up after a while. He cracked his neck and turned to Joshua. " Sorry. I didn't intend to fall asleep ". Joshua noticed how husky Elijah's voice was as he just woke up. " It is fine ". Elijah looked at the time " Lunch ? "

The door bell rang and Joshua pointed to the door. Elijah understood and got up to open the door. He took the food and went in. He put them on plates and brought them to Joshua. " Thank you ". Joshua smiled taking the plate. Both of them started eating. " How is my care ? I am good, aren't I ? " Elijah asked wondering what Joshua would say.

Joshua nodded answering for real. " Yes. A lot. Very good actually ". Elijah nodded. " Then how about you pay me for it ? " Joshua gasped and looked up in shock. " How can I equal it to money and reduce its value ? It is priceless. The highest amount I can pay will still not be enough ". Elijah froze not knowing what to say to that. 

" It should sound good, but why am I not able to take it that way ? It's okay though ". Elijah went back to eating his food. Joshua giggled. They just spent the whole day lazing around and Elijah trying to steal kisses from Joshua. By evening Joshua felt better, he was able to walk around fine and do things by himself. 

                                                          -MG

Author notice :

Elijah is such a good boyfriend. Well Joshua deserves that much. Duh ! 😂

I am trying to study hard. Keyword ' trying '. 🙃 So I hope I can do even more. I am not really the type who works hard for a few things. And studying is one of them. Andddddd thus it is kind of difficult for me to revert back to the old me when it comes to studies. But it is important to me, so I HAVE to. Pray for me~  😭

My studies is one of the reason I want to finish this book quickly. If I am done, I will not have even this little distraction. Remember it is going to be 3 chapters and most likely all together will come on Fridays. Please enjoy it~~  

My BR is doing fine with the exams and will go on campus once they are over by next week I think. We actually had to meet, a particular group of friends of ours, but none of us are particularly ' free '. We have to make time if we want to meet and it somehow looks impossible in near future. But let's see, maybe we will someday.

Hope you guys are all doing good. Have a nice, happy and healthy life. 🤗