Chapter 27 : Elijah's colors.

Third person point of view

The next day, both of them were ready and walked out of the building. Elijah found a taxi and gave the address. Both of them got in. " Where are we going ? " Joshua asked but Elijah didn't say anything. " At least tell me who we will be meeting ". " Just wait for a while and you will know ". " Is it so difficult for you to just say it ? " Elijah zipped his mouth showing he is not going to say a word about it. 

" I love seeing you all curious and restless. It is entertaining ". Joshua scoffed. " You are a gangster for real ". He snarled. " I thought you were already fixed on that ". Elijah asked looking very calm. " You are just showing your true colors now ". Elijah smiled shaking his head. " You didn't even see past my black and white side let alone colors ".

Joshua gasped and decided to shut his mouth and wait. When they reached the place, Joshua was really curious to know who it might be. They walked to the door and Elijah rang the bell. When the door opened they saw an old lady. " Hello granny ". Elijah greeted with a smile and hugged her. " Hello dear ". 

When they pulled away she turned to Joshua. " This is my friend, Joshua ". Elijah said gesturing to Joshua. " Hello grandma ". She opened her arms and gave a hug to Joshua as well. Joshua was happy at the gesture. " Come in ". They both walked in, following behind grandma. " Where is aunty ? " Elijah asked as they walked to the living room. 

" She is in the kitchen preparing food for you guys. She is definitely making a lot ". They sat on the couch while grandma walked somewhere. Joshua assumed it might be the kitchen. " Kate, they are here " . They could hear grandma calling someone. Joshua guessed it might be the aunt Elijah asked for. 

They saw a lady walk with an apron around her. Elijah turned to her. " Hi aunty. How are you ? " " I am so glad you came by. I am good. How are you ? " " I am good. And this is my friend Joshua ". He turned to Joshua. " Joshua, this is my aunty, Kate ". " Hi darling ". " Hello aunty. Nice to meet you ". " You aren't preparing much, are you ? " Elijah asked looking at her attire. 

" How can I not ? You come once in a blue moon after all ". Elijah laughed. Kate gestured to the couch. " You sit here. I will go back to the kitchen ". Grandma had come back from the kitchen and sat on the chair. " Let me help you ". Elijah nodded at Joshua and walked to the kitchen. " What is your name again ? " Grandma asked turning to Joshua. " Joshua ". " Nice name ". Joshua continued to chat with granny. 

It turned out she was a really nice person and he enjoyed speaking to her, a lot. Elijah came out in between to check on Joshua. But he saw him laughing at something while speaking to granny. He smiled and went back to help Kate. " Who is he ? " Elijah didn't understand the sudden question, but then he got it. " Ah. He is actually my roommate. We live in the same house ". " So friend ? " Elijah froze for a second and nodded. It didn't go unnoticed by Kate. " Just a friend ? " 

Aunt Kate asked glancing at Elijah. Elijah didn't say anything. " What am I supposed to take it as ? Yes or no ? " " I don't know yet ". " But I never saw you bring anyone. Don't tell me you never had friends. I know you from the when you were in your mother's womb ". Elijah chuckled and had no more excuses. " I thought it would nice if he has some home cooked food. He stays away from his family, so I thought I'd bring him here since I was coming ". She nodded. 

" You should know the difference between reason and excuse. So if you figure it out don't wait too long and lose the opportunity. Got it ? " Elijah nodded. " Got it ". " Good. Now give that bowl here ". Aunt Kate finished cooking quickly with Elijah's help. Elijah went to the living room after he finished helping aunt put the dishes on the table. " What are you talking about ? " Joshua looked up with a smile. 

" We were speaking about my childhood tales and a lot of other stuff ". " I guess now grandma likes you more than me ". Joshua laughed along with grandma. " Come everyone ". Aunt Kate called from the dining table. The three of them went there. They had lunch chatting about a lot of things. Joshua liked it a lot, the food and the feeling of family. He didn't go back home for a long time so he was really happy. 

After finishing lunch they chatted for a while and decided to leave. Grandma asked Joshua to come when he has time and he promised to come when possible for sure. They took a taxi and went back to their apartment. Joshua fell on the couch and Elijah sat on the chair. " It was so nice today. Thanks to you ". " Pleasure is all mine ". Joshua sat up. " Who are they ? Like your relatives ? " 

" Not particularly relatives, but our families are very close for a long time. From the time of our grandparents ". " Wow cool. I am not in a position to ask, but... what about grandpa or aunt Kate's husband ? " " It is fine. Grandpa expired a few years ago. As for Aunt Kate's husband, they got divorced. It has been long since they did ". Joshua nodded. " Children ? " " She has a son. He had work today I guess. So he wasn't at home ". 

" Oh okay. But why did they split up ? She is such a nice person ". " Actually uncle was fine when they got married. Back then he used to work in an office, but later he became a drunkard. He started gambling and had debts. So aunt didn't want him to ruin hers and her son's lives. So she got a divorce when her son was around 10. My parents helped them and gradually she got a good job and everything went fine ". Joshua nodded. " If you go again don't mind taking me too ". Joshua asked sheepishly. " Sure. I will ". Joshua gave a big smile. 

                                                         -MG

Author notice :

I really like aunt Kate's advice. 😌👍🏻

Joshua is such a dumb head sometimes, but he is cute so it is fine. 😂

But maybe Elijah is just too smart. 😂

Joshua did get a small peek into Elijah's life now. That is more interesting.

Author : And bro what ? COLORS ? What are you acting all cool for ? 

Joshua : Sometimes I question my own IQ and EQ because of this guy. ( face palm )

Author : (turns to Elijah) Should I teach you a lesson ?

Elijah : Seems like you are forgetting a few things here. (smiles and clicks gun)

Author : Did we not steal it last time ?

BR : (drops the bottle)

Author : Now that you are acting like it I might as well make you a gangster.

Elijah : (rubs temples) Back to that again. Fine no guns for now.

Author : Uff. (whispers to BR) We are finding his armory to burn it down tonight.

BR : (thumbs up)

😂😂 I need to find it then. 😂 This is so us. 

My BR liked the title. 🤩

I conclude my days with life is tough almost every day. I want to try persuading myself into being more serious and accept things as it is. I am trying to do it. But it isn't that bad so it is fine. I am putting up with stuff. I have people around me who I can rant to which I am very thankful for. So coping up doesn't feel as bad.  😊