Chapter 40 : Work in progress.

Third person point of view

They found a booth and sat in a corner. " What would you like to order sir ? " A waiter approached them. Nicholas turned to Joshua. " What do you want ? " Joshua shrugged. " You can order anything ". Nicholas nodded and finished his order. " Are they here already ? " Joshua asked after the waiter left. Nicholas nodded and pointed in the direction diagonal to theirs. 

They could see the person there but it was difficult to recognize due to the lighting. But Joshua has met Alex previously, so he could say that it was him. " What do we do ? " Joshua sat back. " I don't really know. You have any plans ? " Nicholas seemed to be thinking too. " What if we hack his phone or something like that ? " Nicholas suggested turning to look at Joshua. 

" If we get a hold of it, we may know a lot of information ". Nicholas nodded. " But we need to have his phone to install the software. How will we get it ? " Joshua glanced at Alex and turned to Nicholas. " I will get it ". " Huh ? " " I will get his phone ". Nicholas' face turned dark, he wasn't sure if he should let it happen. He gave it a thought and saw Joshua's determined look. 

The waiter served their drinks and left the table. " Are you sure ? " Joshua nodded. Nicholas took a breath and nodded. " But be careful. And what if he recognizes you ? " " Most probably, he will not; considering this lighting and I even have make up on. Even if he sees me later he will not know it is me ". Nicholas nodded. " I will send you a signal when I get a hold of it ". 

Nicholas nodded again. " Take care ". He picked up his glass and left the table to sit at another corner from where he can observe everything. Joshua took a deep breath. He closed his eyes to control his running thoughts. He came here and put these many efforts for a reason and he was ready to act upon it. He had to stay calm.

He finally looked up and Nicholas gaped lightly when he saw how the aura around Joshua took a complete flip. " No wonder Elijah is like that. He can even make people kneel for him. I wonder if I can get him on my side... " Nicholas spoke to himself, looking at Joshua. " Elijah might actually kill me just for the thought. Too bad ". 

He clicked his tongue and took a sip of his drink. Joshua pulled on his shirt revealing more of his shoulders. He sat back crossing his legs after picking up his glass. He took a few sips. It felt like he need to have a drink to be able to do it. He called for a waiter. He wrote something on a tissue and asked to deliver it to Alex's table. 

Alex was happily enjoying sipping on his drink. He saw a waiter brought him a message. He read it and looked up to see Joshua's silhouette. Joshua played his cards. He wasn't sure if Alex was going to accept or reject it. But for Alex to let his guard down, he had to look harmless. Joshua moved forward letting the light show a little of his face. 

He gave a seductive smile and took a sip of his drink with a raised eyebrow. Alex smirked and nodded at the waiter. Joshua smiled knowing he succeeded. He finished the glass and gave a brief glance to Nicholas and walked over to Alex's table. He gave one more of his charming smiles. 

He wasn't particularly afraid because he seldom crossed paths with Alex. For that matter it is the same with all three brothers. Even if he did, he was confident enough that he can escape. " Hello there ". Alex said eyeing Joshua like a predator. " Hello ". Joshua replied giving a flirty look. " How may I help you ? " Joshua shrugged. 

" I just came out alone, so I thought some nice company would be nice ". Joshua tilted his head to the side. Alex nodded with an amused grin. " Sure ". He patted the spot next to him. Joshua sat down next to him. He maintained a small distance but still sat closer. He shouldn't lose his demeanor when he is the one who initiated it. 

Alex handed Joshua a glass and picked up one for himself. " For you ? " " But are you willing to pay for it ? " Joshua asked smiling. " Sure. Your drinks are on me ". Nicholas was impressed by Joshua. He observed as Joshua continued to act like he meant every single word and actions. He called for a waiter and informed their table number. He settled the bill for the ones they drank from before. 

" Cheers ". They clinked glasses and drank it. Alex drank it all at once, but Joshua was taking it slow. He shouldn't get too drunk. Joshua smiled and took another sip. He could say that Alex was a heavy drinker and was nowhere near a light weight. They were drinking and two men approached the table. 

" Hey ". Alex greeted them and they sat down at the table. Joshua wondered who they could be. He tried searching for these faces anywhere in his memory. But he didn't find any. He has never seen their faces in the office. They weren't Alex's brothers and no one he knew of. He came across a lot of people in the office. 

But in none of the meetings did he see them. He was curious as to who they could be. " We haven't seen you in a while. How are you ? " One of the two asked. One was in a black suit and the other in grey. The one who asked is the one in black. " That boss is back of me for the money. I still didn't arrange it. So I am avoiding it for a while now ". 

Joshua wondered who it might be and Alex really seemed to have debts. Joshua continued to drink like he wasn't interested at all. " Be careful ". The man in grey warned. " Whatever. I came to enjoy, so let's do that ". Alex turned to Joshua and smiled. He put his hand around Joshua's shoulder pulling him closer. Joshua tried his best to not feel disgusted. 

He smiled and acted like he liked it. Soon they were drinking and Joshua tried his best at flirting with Alex. He was slowly getting drunk but he still hasn't gotten anything that is useful. He moved closer to Alex resting his head on his shoulder. Alex dropped his hand from Joshua's shoulder to around his waist. Joshua flinched lightly but didn't say anything. 

                                                   -MG

Author notice :

Ohhhh~~~ Joshua 👀

Someone is not going to like it though. 😶😏

Life is tough pt. idk. I really think of this once everyday at least. I don't really have much to say about my life. It is going on and on, in an almost pretty much the same routine on a daily basis.  

That sentence is so complicated. 🙂 But yeah that is how it is. I don't know what I am doing sometimes but I just.......... put up with it.  

These two represent how I am right now. WOW. 😂😂😂 My BR too, a little. 😂