Chapter 5 : Getting acquainted.

Joshua's point of view

I go to my room as soon as we come back and enter the bathroom to take a shower. The best thing about this house is that, the bedrooms have their own bathrooms. And I cannot be any less grateful for this right now. Thank goodness. I wouldn't know how crazy it would turn out, if we had to share it. Ugh. I walk out of the bathroom already dressed up and use a small towel to dry my hair. I flop down on the bed and continue drying my hair. 

I put the towel aside and run my fingers through my hair to remove any knots. I push it back trying to put it in place. I sigh and remember that I didn't even go through my mail and check for work, so I open my laptop and login to my mail to check if there is anything important. Since it is the weekend, there is nothing. Phew. I didn't want any more stress to add up for all that I've had for the day. 

I then open social media and scroll through; liking and leaving comments on my friends' posts. I look up when I hear a knock on my door. " Come in ". Elijah opens the door only little and peeks inside. He then opens it properly and comes inside. I furrow my eyebrows. " What happened ? You want anything ? " He shakes his head and sits in front of me on the bed. I look at him puzzled. " Just wanted to speak to you ". I am.....baffled. That's new now. " About ? " " Just in general. About yourself ". I raise an eyebrow. " I thought you knew everything about me ". 

I smile teasingly and narrow my eyes at him. He chuckles at my statement. " I want to hear you say it ". I huff. " Fine, I will. You should answer a few questions and then I will tell you ". He nods. " Your name ? " " What ? " " Just answer ". " Elijah ". " Age ? " " Want to guess ? " " I am not sure. But there is one thing I can say for sure. You are someone who looks younger by face than your actual age ". He nods. " I am 27. You? " " You are older than me ". " That is a good thing then ". I twitch my nose. " I am 24 ". He nods and I continue asking. 

" Siblings ? " " No. I am an alone child. You ? " " Same ". " Studies ? " " I finished my MBA, abroad ".  I nod. Impressive. " Wow. Nice ". He looked at me like he was asking about me. " I finished my bachelors degree. That's it ". " Nice ". " Your favorite color ? " He laughed at the ridiculous question but answered nonetheless. " White ". " Drink ? " " Anything ". " Food ? " " Everything ". " You are a gangster ? " " What ? " He cracked up even more. I thought I could lure him in but he didn't fall for it. " Tsk ". I sigh in defeat. " Why are you so confident that I am a mafia or a gangster ? " I shrug. " Do I have a face of a hooligan ? I didn't think I was that bad ". 

" Who said face has anything to do with this ? You should never be deceived by a face. It has got nothing to do with it. It is because you act like one. You know everything about me. Don't say no, I know that you do. You don't tell about yourself, so mysterious. And no one just barges into someone's house like this. ". I mutter the last part and look away. He only smiles and tilts his head looking at me. " What ? Is it not true ? " I ask with a bit of challenge in my voice. " True enough. But I really am not any gangster. I can assure you that much ". I nod mocking him. He puts his hand on my head and shakes it. I move away scowling, but he only keeps smiling. 

" Tell me about your likes. You asked me but never answered ". I take a deep breath. " I like black. I can eat all kinds of food too. What else do you want to know ? " " Enough for today I guess. It is late already, get some sleep. Good night ". He was about to put his hand on my head but I moved away. He narrowed his eyes and left the room. " What is this ? " I say to myself. He is so weird. I wriggle feeling creepy. I put my laptop aside and switch the light off. I snuggle into the sheets and fall asleep. I hope he doesn't act stupid. I need a good sleep for my body to function properly. So I only decided to hope for the best and just sleep.

I hate my alarm, but I've got work, so I need to wake up. I stretch and walk to the bathroom. I brush my teeth, finish my routine and take a shower. I walk out of the bathroom and pick out an outfit. I dress up and style my hair. I check myself once again in the mirror and walk out of the room. I walk to the kitchen and put the bread in the toaster. I take out the milk. Looks like it is almost empty, I should buy a new carton. I sip the milk as I wait and suddenly hear footsteps. I freeze in place. 

Why are I hearing foot- Ow, wait. I have a roommate now. I feel like slapping my silly head, but I just styled my hair, so that's a no. I sigh in relief. I see Elijah in his pajamas walking into the kitchen. Wow. He looked..........incredible. I purse my lips to stop myself from laughing. I hear a ding and the bread is done. I take out the bread and start eating it. " Morning ". He is still sleepy. His eyes half open, hair disheveled and even his voice was kind of groggy. " Good morning ". I return his greeting. He sits on the other side of the island. 

" Do you have only this every day for breakfast ? " He asks looking at the food in front of me. " Not really. I have fruits or cereal instead of bread sometimes ". He looks up at me like I said the most stupid thing ever on earth. " Don't give me that look. I just like to finish my breakfast without much effort and this is the easiest ". He nods. He covers a yawn and rests his head on the island. " When will you-" I was about to ask when he will go to work, but he doesn't have a job. He lifts his head. " Nothing ". He puts his head down again. 

I finish my breakfast and get up from the chair. " I will be leaving ". He sits up and nods. I chuckle at his state right now. I walk to the door and he follows me. " I will be back by evening. Bye ". I turn around to open the door, but stop. " You know my password ? " I am not sure. He could've come in without thinking twice if he knew it. " Anyway, it is 230397 ". He nods. " Don't forget it. See you ". I leave the house and take the elevator. 

Even though I sounded nonchalant as I left the house, I couldn't help but think of the million possibilities of him doing something, staying at home while I am at work. But I cannot just sit at home guarding him. But at the least there is nothing in particular he can steal nor will he get anything from me. So that gave a little relief. I walk out to the street to take a taxi. I find one and get in giving the address. I can only hope for the best, but at a corner in my heart I knew there is definitely nothing wrong. I am not sure why but I just knew it; that it is okay. I soon reach the office. I pay and get down pushing these thoughts away and walk in.

                                                                  -MG

Author notice :

My BR says it is cute when Elijah ducks his head or you know puts it down. 😂 

I don't really have much to say. 😂 Ummm........... What is there ? 😂 I guess you guys will be able to see more of Elijah from the next chapter. So yeah. 😂

I forgot the most important thing. I have exams from next week and they are going to last for a while. Almost till the start of next month. So for the coming three weeks, I am not sure if I can manage to edit and upload. But if I can, I definitely will. There are chances for me uploading the next week, but after that, I cannot guarantee. No promises made. I will try uploading if possible and definitely come back once I am done with them, as soon as I can. I might find time during weekends, so there are chances is all I can say. In case you don't get the chapter then you know why. Sorry for this hiatus, I can't really help it. Hope you guys will be understanding. 🤗