Chapter 54 : A little coaxing.

Third person point of view

Joshua walked to the kitchen and got an apple. He washed it and started munching on it. He sat down again and turned to Elijah. " You want anything to eat ? " Elijah shook his head. " Is Nick really what he is ? " Elijah nodded. " Why ? " " Just asking ". Elijah wondered if they slipped out somewhere but their alibi was perfect, so he thought it was fine. 

" He wasn't all powerful before but after working for long, I guess he has a bit of influence here and there ". Joshua nodded. " What do you think we should do about these people ? " Joshua tapped the file. " You are not going on another stupid mission like last time ". Elijah said and Joshua rolled his eyes. " It wasn't stupid ". 

" It. Is ". Elijah said through clenched teeth. Joshua turned to Elijah. " Your reaction is totally suspicious. Don't tell me you are actually mad because of the way I was that day and not because of anything else ". Elijah looked away. Joshua scoffed. " It is not like I did it on purpose or anything ". Elijah looked at Joshua. 

" Then ? " Joshua could see Elijah was serious. He felt like he shouldn't just mess around too much with this. " Come on. What has happened has happened. I cannot change it now, can I ? " Joshua said a little helpless. Elijah shook his head and folded his hands. " There, there. Don't be mad now ". Joshua put his apple aside and moved closer sticking to Elijah. 

" I promise there will be no next time. Really. Promise ". Elijah turned to look at Joshua who was trying his best to plead Elijah. " You wouldn't know how worried I was ". Joshua was feeling like the bad guy now. " I said I'm sorry. I just did it in the heat of the moment. The things that happened around that time, you weren't there and I just...... I am really, really, really sorry ". 

Elijah sighed knowing he really cannot stay mad at Joshua for long. " Fine. If I ever see you do things like these... You will see what I can do ". Joshua nodded obediently. " Done. No more things like that. But I am kind of thankful for that day. All of this wouldn't have happened if that didn't happen ". Elijah hit Joshua's head lightly. 

Joshua chuckled rubbing his head. " True isn't it ? " Elijah shook his head. " Whatever ". Joshua smiled and picked up his apple. Elijah spoke again turning to Joshua. " But I really need to ask you about that day. You know to do your own makeup ? " Joshua shook his head. " Then how did you do it that day ? " 

" I have a friend from my college. She is a very good makeup artist since then. She always asked, more like begged me to let her do it for me. But I was never interested so I turned her down several times. That day, like I said spur of the moment, I called and asked her for help. She did all of it, from my makeup to my dressing and everything else too. She is really good though ". 

Elijah nodded. " Nice. Cannot disagree though, because you did look really good that day ". Joshua smiled. " That I definitely did ". Joshua flipped his hair. Elijah chuckled. Joshua couldn't take his off when Elijah smiled. " It does take a lot to make you smile ". Joshua said smiling, still looking at Elijah. 

Elijah's eyebrows knitted. " Really ? " Joshua nodded. " It is one of the things I observed about you. You don't smile often even though you have a nice one. At least when you are not with people like family or friends, you most likely will have this resting face. I wonder if you would use it to scare any employees with it ". 

Elijah's eyebrows shot up. " You never fail to amaze me. You sure you don't want to join some intelligence bureau ? " Joshua laughed. " I was right then ? Well that was just a guess. I am not that smart all right ". " That is what every smart person says ". Joshua nodded mocking Elijah. Elijah sneered and looked away. 

" So you like it when I smile ? " Elijah asked looking at Joshua again and Joshua nodded. " Why ? Does it make me look more handsome ? " Joshua nodded again. " Yes. Definitely ". Elijah was stunned. " What do I do if you just agree like that ? " Elijah ruffled Joshua's hair. Joshua laughed.  " Don't think you can counter my words all the time ". He continued to finish his apple.

Elijah humphed. Joshua threw the remains after finishing, washed his hands and came back. " Anyway we went totally off topic. So how to get to these people ? " Elijah scratched his chin. " I don't know. Let's see. We will find some plan maybe ". " We ? " " You think I will let you do all those alone ? No way ". Elijah said in a firm tome. Joshua nodded. 

" Alright. As you wish. I have a doubt though ". Joshua was serious again. " What is it ? " " What could Alex be doing ? " Elijah smiled a little. " Why ? All of a sudden again ? " Joshua chuckled. " Just curious. I am just not able to contain it in me to not know it. The possibilities are all there, but I really can't wait to see what it actually is ". 

Elijah smiled at Joshua's enthusiasm. Elijah picked up the remote and increased the volume. They watched it until dinner time. They went out like they always do and were walking back. " The weather feels good ". Joshua said looking around as they walked. " It is ". Elijah said and they turned around the corner. " I hope I will get paid well for all this that I am doing ". 

Elijah laughed. " You will do it just because you get paid ? " " Sure. Why wouldn't I ? WHO wouldn't like money ". " Really ? " Joshua nodded. " I hope you will get something nice then ". Elijah said looking at Joshua. Joshua smiled. They went back home and Joshua was walking towards his room. " You still don't want to sleep with me ? " 

Elijah asked from behind. " You bastard ". Joshua turned around. " Do you know how it even sounds ? " " Sleep is sleep. What is there about it ? " Elijah mumbled in a low voice. " Scram ". Joshua said and walked to his room. He put his hands to his cheeks which were warm. Elijah smiled and went to his room. Both of them fell asleep.

                                                     -MG

Author notice :

The first month is already half way through. I seriously don't know how though. Wow. (⊙ˍ⊙)

I met up with my BF recently. And I guess it was the best thing that happened to me recently. The last time we met up was during her birthday last year, which is in November. And in this new year we got to meet up pretty fast. 😂 I enjoyed a lot and loved it so much. 🤩

I do want to meet up with my other friends and especially my BR. But I guess we don't have the luck to do so. 😂 But hopefully we will soon. We both are somehow not able to make it work. But we will continue to keep trying. 😂✊🏻