Chapter 44 : A little bet.

Third person point of view

Elijah was done with his coffee. He put his cup in the wash basin and walked out of the kitchen. He went to sit on the couch. Joshua soon finished his breakfast and put the dishes away. He walked to the living room too. He saw Elijah sitting on the couch and sat to the other end. Elijah turned to the side and saw Joshua who was sticking to the other side. 

His eyebrows knitted and a small smile formed on his lips, finding it a little funny. " What is up with you ? " Elijah asked with a teasing smile. Joshua didn't even look at Elijah and shook his head trying to act normal. " Nothing ". Elijah knew Joshua was definitely nervous. Elijah chuckled and pulled Joshua closer. 

" There is no reason for you to be so nervous, so calm down ". Elijah patted Joshua's shoulder. Joshua nodded and relaxed. He sat back more comfortably. " You weren't this nervous even yesterday while doing all those things. So why are you acting like this now ? " Elijah continued to tease him. Joshua rolled his eyes and raised his hand to hit Elijah.

Elijah smiled dodging the attack and picked up the remote. He put on a random movie and started to watch it. " Looks like you missed watching television more than me ". Joshua chuckled. Elijah laughed. " I did miss it.. " He turned to Joshua and continued. " but not more than you ". Joshua blushed and looked down. 

Elijah smiled happy with the result he got and turned to the television. He glanced at Joshua from time to time and saw him yawning a few times. " Didn't get enough sleep ? " Joshua nodded. " Did you miss me that much that you didn't even sleep ? " Elijah asked with a smirk. " What are you talking about ? " 

Joshua's voice went a whole octave higher. " Then ? " Joshua searched for an answer. " Work. Yes. Work stress ". Elijah nodded mocking him. Joshua hit Elijah's shoulder successfully this time. " Why ? Did I say I didn't believe you or that you are lying ? " Joshua looked away pouting. He had no way out of this. Elijah moved closer hugging Joshua sideways. 

Joshua tried hard to not blush. " Don't be mad ". Elijah chuckled when he saw Joshua glaring at him. " It feels good to know you missed me just as much as I did ". Elijah kissed Joshua on the cheek. Joshua covered his cheek turning completely red; even his ears and neck. Elijah laughed when he saw Joshua's expression. " You are really the cutest ". 

Joshua turned to look at the television with a small smile. " I am not ". Elijah chuckled. " You sure ? " Joshua rolled his eyes. " Whatever ". Elijah put one of his hands around Joshua's shoulder and they continued to watch the movie. Joshua couldn't stay awake and his eyes slowly closed.

Elijah felt weight on his shoulder and turned to see that Joshua has actually fallen asleep. He adjusted Joshua's head to a comfortable position by moving closer. He continued to watch the movie. It was almost lunch time by the time the movie was over. Elijah decided to cook lunch for the both of them. 

He held Joshua's head with a hand and slowly got up. He put a pillow with his other hand and rested Joshua's head onto it. He put Joshua's legs onto the couch and walked to the kitchen once he confirmed that Joshua was comfortable. He started preparing the lunch and finished it pretty quick. 

Once he was done, he went back to check on Joshua who was still sleeping. He walked up to the couch and crouched down. " Joshua, wake up ". Joshua slowly opened his eyes and was met with a Elijah's face. He sat up rubbing his eyes. " I didn't realize I fell asleep ". Elijah rubbed Joshua's head. " It is fine. Come and have lunch. It is a little late already ". 

Joshua stretched a little and walked into the kitchen. " Looks yummy ". Joshua said looking at the food. Elijah smiled and they started eating. Once they were done they cleaned up and went back to sit on the couch. " I am bored ". Joshua said turning to Elijah. " What do you want to do ? " Joshua fell in thought. He shook his head after a while and turned to Elijah. 

" You have any ideas ? " Elijah rubbed his chin. " Not really ". Joshua sighed and sat back on the couch. " How about playing some games ? " Joshua sat up straight at the idea. " There are a few in this right ? " Elijah asked showing the television. Joshua nodded. " Let me go bring the controllers ". Joshua walked into his room and took out the controllers. 

He went to the living room and gave one of it to Elijah. He sat back down loading the game. " Before we start, how about a bet ? To make it a little more fun ". Elijah said and turned to Joshua. Joshua narrowed his eyes finding it suspicious even before knowing what it could be. But he still gave it a thought that maybe it would be fun and decided to agree. 

" Hmmm.... Fine. But what is the bet ? " Elijah gave a smirk wiggling his eyebrows. " What ? " Joshua asked shocked at the way Elijah's eyes were sparkling with mischief. " The loser should do whatever the winner says ". Joshua let out a small sigh. " Fine ". " What were you thinking ? " Elijah asked faking shock. 

Joshua clenched his jaw. " Don't act all innocent. You are the crazy one here. Let's start the game ". Elijah laughed and turned to the television. " So how about 3 games with 3 rounds each. The one who wins out of the three rounds will be the winner. Done ? " Elijah asked. Joshua nodded. " Done ". And the game began.

" Ah no no no don't die on me.. ahhhhh ". Joshua fell back onto the couch. He turned to Elijah who only gave him a cocky grin in return. They were done playing the first round. As for the results; Elijah won the first one and Joshua won the second. So the third one was the deciding match. And somehow Elijah managed to win the third one. 

" I am going to win the match ". Elijah said confidently. Joshua scoffed. " There are two more rounds ". Elijah nodded. " And I will win those too ". Joshua rolled his eyes. " Let's see that ". Joshua took a deep breath and sat up again. " Let's start the next one ". He cracked his knuckles and picked up the controller. 

                                                            -MG

Author notice :

Ohh~~ So any guesses on who is going to end up winning ? 

I don't even know how time is passing by. By the time I realize it is the time for me to edit again. And December is already here. Like how ? 😂 Am I sleeping through the days or something ? 😂

At least my BR is having fun at the new college. That is a nice thing. 😌👌🏻

Like I said before I wrote new ones. One of them is done and it is waiting for me to sit and review it. A lot of reviewing is required actually. Plus edit it. And the other is on the way too. 

Actually my sibling personally liked the second one and after I briefed, I got a lot of requests  from her regarding the story line. More like ' I want these things in it ' kind of thing. 😂 So I have to work on that too.

So.......... yeah putting these things in mind, I am spending my brain cells in an organized way for now. 😂😂 I feel like I will only keep getting busier, so I want to get them done now itself and not wait till the last minute like I always do. 😂