Chapter 30 : Just making sure.

Third person point of view

The next day, Joshua left at his usual time. Elijah didn't go back to sleep as he had to wait for Nicholas. He sat on the couch waiting for Nicholas. In about 2 hours after Joshua left the house, Nicholas arrived at the house. He walked in to see a sleep deprived Elijah sprawled all over the couch. " Wow. What is up with you ? " 

Elijah grunted and sat up. Nicholas sat on the chair and chuckled at Elijah's state. " You could've slept and asked me to come in the afternoon ". Even if they argue Nicholas cared about Elijah. They've known each other for too long after all. " It is fine ". He stretched and opened his eyes wide to feel more awake. " So ? " Elijah turned to Nicholas. " Why is he asking me to give details of them ? " 

" He doubts that they are doing some conspiracy. So he wants to find out and dig deeper into it ". Elijah said it like it was the most normal thing. " So you want me to help him through it ? " Elijah nodded. " You need not act like a top notch spy and give him a full detailed file. Act like you are just an amateur. Don't go overboard ". Nicholas nodded. " Also I want you to look into any gyms around this area ". 

" Gym ? Why ? " " I want to train him a little just in case ". Nicholas nodded. " Fine. I will look into it and let you know by evening ". They spoke for a while and Nicholas decided to go. " One more thing ". Nicholas turned around. " Get me some magazines ". Nicholas rolled his eyes. " Sure ". He did go buy and give them to Elijah before leaving.

Joshua came back in the evening and saw Elijah munching on a bag of chips while watching some horror movie. He thought that Elijah definitely has some weird tastes and mood swings. He sat beside Elijah and the movie was over in 10 minutes. Elijah watched it with a blank face all along and Joshua shook his head looking at him. 

" How was the movie ? " " Nice ". " Really ? " Joshua doubted it. He didn't expect Elijah would have that expression even for a horror movie. " Are you not scared or anything ? " Elijah shook his head. " I just watch them for fun ". " Horror movie ? Fun ? " Elijah nodded. Joshua was left speechless. He wouldn't be that scared but saying it was fun wasn't something he would do.

" Fine whatever ". He decided to let it go. " But..... you really want to do it ? " Elijah asked looking at Joshua. " Come on~~ What is it with you ? " Joshua whined. He let out a puff. " Why do you keep asking that so many times ? " " Nothing much. I just want to know ". Elijah said and Joshua pouted a little. 

" Really ? " Elijah nodded. " Maybe you are worried or something.... but it is fine ". Joshua took a deep breath. " I really want to. I am not sure what will happen too. I don't even want to think of what might happen. Like I told you yesterday, I want to. So I will. That is all ". " Okay ". " Are you really worried about me ? " Joshua asked a little hopefully. " Did I say that ? " Elijah gave a blank face.

" Jerk. Will it kill you to say even if you don't ? So mean ". Elijah smiled. " Since you concluded that I am. Go with it ". " No thank you ". Joshua rolled his eyes. " But anyway you are there to help me out. I am going to use you all I want ". Elijah cocked an eyebrow. " Me ? " " Yes. You. You don't even have any work anyway ". 

Elijah found that sentence a little too familiar. He looked away and didn't say anything. " You think I will help you ? " Joshua nodded. " Also there is a wish you granted me yesterday. Let me use it and help me till we catch them ". Elijah's eyebrows shot up. " You want use it for that ? " Joshua nodded. 

" I think it will turn out fruitful to use it for this ". He chuckled. Elijah shook his head. " Doesn't it feel like a waste ? " " Living in present is nice. I don't know about the future so I will do what I want now ". Elijah nodded. " Alright. Like you wish. But I want you to think again ". Joshua sighed. " Okay. But for now I want it to be for that ". Elijah nodded.

He almost forgot telling Elijah about the person he met. " By the way. I have some progress in the plan ". Elijah raised his eyebrows. " Already ? " Joshua nodded excited about it. " I unexpectedly met the assistant of Alex in the cafeteria. He is one who works directly under him. So I spoke a little and befriended him ". " That's good ". Joshua smiled. 

" Also can I have Nick's number ? " Elijah frowned. " Why ? " " What do you mean why ? How will I contact him for information ? " " It is fine. I will send it to you when he sends it to me ". Joshua's eyebrows shot up. " What is it with you ? " " What ? " Elijah was still acting nonchalant. " Something is definitely up. Now tell me what is it ". 

Elijah shook his head. " Nothing ". " I am not believing you ". " I can't help it ". Joshua shook his head. He definitely didn't know why it was always so tough when it comes to Elijah. And he didn't know why he couldn't act all out and just get what he wants from Elijah. He decided to just persuade him into giving the number later. 

Elijah didn't give it because he knew that Nicholas didn't give his number to everyone. So he had to find out from Nicholas. He needed to find out Nicholas's other number and then maybe give it to Joshua. Joshua was still persuading him whenever he had a chance. Elijah escaped it all the time. 

He asked Nicholas and Nicholas said it was better to give the number Elijah has. Elijah decided to give the number to Joshua the next day. He also got the information he wanted for the gyms around. Like Joshua said the one in the street ahead was really famous. He asked Nicholas to enroll for the both of them. 

He also had to inform Joshua about the timings. So the next morning when they sat for breakfast, he gave Nicholas's number to Joshua. " Is it so difficult ? " Elijah rolled his eyes. " I got us enrolled at the gym you told me about. We will start from the start of next week ". Joshua pouted. " Alright ". He finished his breakfast and left. 

                                                         -MG

Author notice :

They always keep bickering. 😂😂 It is cute anyway.

Their start seems to be almost smooth....

I don't even know what is happening these days with me. 😂 And I kind of feel like I am neglecting my health. I keep thinking of it more than I used to before, so I am trying to make it better. All of you drink lots of water to stay hydrated. Stay healthy and happy too.  🥰