Chapter 3 : The intruder is my roommate.....?

Joshua's point of view

" Huh ? Who said I want a roommate ? " I stare at him like he is crazy. " No one ". Fine. I am done with this. " You go out by yourself or I am throwing you out. Now ! " I say pointing towards the door. He just moves closer. " Why are you in such a hurry to throw me out ? " " Then ? You just come in uninvited and say things like this. You want me host a welcoming ceremony for you ? " I was yelling, but he is so calm. I was getting fired up looking at that smile of his. It is getting on my nerves more than it should. 

" I will only stay for a few days and leave ". " I don't care what is happening and why you are here. I want you to leave. That's it ". He shook his head. " I am not leaving. You are going to put up with me for a long time. Get used to it ". I pull him by his collar and out of the room. I push him onto the couch but he holds my arm and pulls me down along with him. I fall on top of him and his face is right in front of mine. I quickly get up and stand in front of him. He sits up properly.

I was flaring with anger. " I asked who are you ? Why are you here ? I am definitely throwing you out or even better I will call the police to take you back home ". He shakes his head with a small smile. " You need not go that far. Like I told you I am Elijah. It is really my name. I can show you my license as proof. And I am a human ". I scoff. " Wow. Congratulations ". Sarcasm dripping off my words. I didn't know being human can be considered a qualification these days.

" I should just kick you out. HUMAN ?! And I am a what ? An alien ? " This is just ridiculous. He scratches his neck. " You are leaving or I throw you out. Choose quickly and wisely ". " Why ? Isn't it nice to have a roommate ? Also I am jobless and have nowhere to go. So I can help you around with errands and also pay my share of the bills. I won't slack off with those things ". What is he saying ? It is not even making sense to me at this point. 

I just stare at him. " Are you really saying it or am I thinking that you are speaking like I am letting you stay here ? " " Aren't you ? " Woah ! He sounded so nonchalant. I try to calm myself and take a few deep breaths. " How will you pay if you are jobless ? " " Does it matter ? " My eyes go wide. " Of course it does. What if you are earning the money through illegal means ? I am not letting you stay ". 

" Come on Joshua. You need not be so stubborn. Just a few days ". He is actually pleading. I smirk. But wait, what ?! " How do you know my name ? Are you a stalker ? " This is getting creepier. First he comes in saying he wants to live here and now something seems off. I don't know if it me just feeling it or something is actually not right here. Not in a bad kind of a way, but it doesn't fit in. He knows me, means he has a motive ? 

" I am not. But tell me even if I kidnap you what will I get ? " I blink a few times. " You are iNsUlTiNg me ? Now you should really drop your idea of me letting you stay ". " So you've actually considered it, even if it is for a second ". I roll my eyes. " I never did ". " Come on. Pretty please ". " How can I let a stranger who just barged in stay with me? And you even know about me which is even creepy ". I make a face like I'm disgusted. " I told you I am not going to do you any harm. Just think of me as a roommate and everything will be fine ". 

" Nothing is fine with you here right now ". He rolls his eyes. He pulls me to sit beside him. I look totally uninterested. He sighs heavily. " Look at me ". I look at him with a bored expression. He stares at me right in my eyes. " I am no harm. Believe me ". I stare for two seconds and then turn away. I sit back and huff. " You are a gangster ". He chuckled. " It sounded like a fact to me. Was it a question ? " I shake my head. " It wasn't ". He nods. " I cannot throw you out ? " He shakes his head. I look at him to try to understand what is running in his brain to do all this. His eyes showed nothing and I don't like it.

" So I cannot. Will you tell me anything about yourself ? Or about you coming here ? " I should at least try and see if I can get something out of him. He smiles with a confused expression. " What do you want to know ? My parents names ? My birth place ? " I slouch. " Why would I want to know that ? But you are so mysterious. Did you run away from home ? " He laughs. " Stop making these crazy assumptions about me. Nothing like that. There is no mystery ". 

I don't want to buy it. But I nod anyway. There is something about it. My guts are not letting me believe it. I try again, but his eyes are just blank and I can't see through. Something in me keeps telling me to just let him stay to see what he is actually up to. But......I am not sure. In a way, I don't want him to stay here. " But why here ? There are people who actually want a roommate you know ". He touches his chin. " I wanted to stay here. I like it here ". 

I have nothing to say. This guy is out of his mind. " You hurt your head somewhere ? " He rolls his eyes. " What should I do to prove that I am not crazy ? Shall I make a call to my mother ? Will you speak to her ? " I shake my head quickly. " Then ? " " It is fine. So you wanted it to be here and this house ? " He nods. I just stay silent for awhile. 

I might not be some genius but there is something about him and I can't point it out. I somehow feel I am not getting rid of this guy any soon. His aura says something else. It is like everything is blurred and I cannot clearly say it. UGH ! This is difficult. But I can say he meant them in a way, but I don't know what it could be. I am not able to decipher which are lies and truths or if they are mixed up. Also the worst part here is, I understood that he meant it when he said I cannot get rid of him easily. I saw the confidence in his eyes. Ahhh ! I don't know anymore.  

                                                                  - MG

Author notice :

Joshua's brain is working in full speed. 😂

Elijah is being so suspicious and mysterious. 🧐

Joshua is so cute. This is from both of us. 😂 He is so entertaining like my BR said and I simp over his drama queen side. 😂😂 He is just awesome. 

Also my BR said that he is one of those guys who're cute without knowing it or being intentional. And I would be lying if I say no. He TOTALLY IS. 😍🤩