Chapter 59 : Handling a drunk Joshua.

Third person point of view

It has been a nice amount of time since Joshua left. Elijah was still there sitting in the living room with the TV running. He couldn't really concentrate on what was happening on the show. He felt a little restless and he wasn't sure as to why too. He heard his phone ring. He saw it was Nicholas and immediately picked it up. " What is it ? " Elijah was a little alert. 

" Nothing went wrong. All is well. They are done. I sent Joshua home in a car driven by one of our people. He will be safe. I guess he is almost there, so go down and get him ". Nicholas said it all in one go and took a breath. " Fine. Thanks ". " Come on. Why are you even thanking me ? Ridiculous. Now go pickup your boyfriend ". 

Elijah chuckled and hung up. He went down and waited for not more than 2 minutes. A car drove by and stopped near Elijah. The driver quickly got out and opened the door of the back seat. Elijah went forward and carefully brought Joshua out of the taxi. " Sir ". The driver bowed lightly to Elijah. 

Elijah nodded and held Joshua. He walked small steps into the building with the almost passed out Joshua. He took him into the elevator. " Just how much did you drink ? " Elijah complained looking at Joshua. He did feel a little at peace now that Joshua was home. But the state he was in was the main problem.

Joshua wasn't even trying to stand by himself. " Stand properly Joshua ". Elijah said and helped Joshua stand properly. Joshua was a little far from sober. He wasn't really listening to Elijah. So Elijah had to make him stand properly. Once they reached the house, he took Joshua to Joshua's room. 

He put him on the bed and removed his shoes. Joshua turned to the side opening his eyes. He grinned when he saw Elijah who was standing to the side. " I shouldn't have believed when you said you are going to be fine. Fine, my foot ! Is it a norm or your motto to get piss drunk every time you go to a place like that !? " 

Elijah scolded showing he was angry. Joshua frowned. " I don't know why too. I just get too drunk most of the time ". His words were slurred a little. " I am definitely coming with you next time no matter what. I am fine with listening to you throw a tantrum rather than sitting at home worried about what might happen to you ". 

Joshua giggled. He sat up and pulled Elijah to sit beside him. " Awww~~ Is my hubby mad now ? " Elijah stared at Joshua not able to utter a word. He didn't really have much experience in handling a drunk Joshua. The last time was a whole different situation even though Joshua was drunk at that time too.

Elijah was a little lost. " Hubby ? " He knew he looked dumb asking that even when Joshua said it right in front of him to his face. He was a stunned is all. Joshua pulled Elijah's face closer and turned it all the sides checking his face. He nodded once he was done. " I am right. It is you. Why would you ask that ? " Joshua pouted. Elijah smiled. 

" Nothing ". Joshua grinned again. He dropped his hands. " Why did you say sorry ? " Elijah knew Joshua wouldn't answer if he was sober. So he decided he might as well do it now. Joshua's grin faltered at Elijah's question. He started playing with Elijah's fingers but still didn't say anything. " Tell me...... please ". Elijah said carefully.

He didn't know how Joshua would feel about answering it. " You don't want to answer ? " Joshua shook his head and continued to look down. Elijah waited for Joshua to speak and he did after a few seconds. " Ummm....... I don't know too. I just felt like it ". Elijah held Joshua's chin making him look up. Joshua's eyes were moist. 

" Tell me baby. There is nothing to worry about. You are just telling your hubby ". Elijah said in a soft voice. " It is not that I want to be mean to you, but I just can't do it already. I am a little insecure maybe or something else, I am not sure. I...... it is not that I don't trust you. I just want myself to get used to ' us ' first then I will give whatever - " Joshua shook his head.

He met Elijah's eyes. " Everything you want ". He smiled his eyes turning to crescents. Elijah put his hands on either side of Joshua's face, tracing his cheeks with his thumbs. " You need not worry nor apologize about it. I know. I don't mind waiting. I am not going to go anywhere. So I can wait ". Joshua smiled putting his hands over Elijah's. 

" I am sorry if I ever made you uncomfortable. I just joke around a little and- " Joshua put his finger on Elijah's lips. " Shush. Don't apologize. I don't mind it. I like that side of you. You are always cool but like that you are even cooler ". Elijah chuckled. " You think I'm cool ? " Joshua nodded. " My hubby is rrreeeaaalllyyy cool ". Elijah chuckled. 

" You are too. My wifey ". Elijah pinched Joshua's cheek. Joshua hugged Elijah burying his face in his chest. " What happened ? " Elijah didn't know the reason for the sudden hug. " Why would you say something like that ? " Joshua's voice was really low and muffled because of the hug. " Are you shy ? " Elijah teased. Joshua shook his head but didn't pull away. 

Elijah laughed. " Fine. I won't tease you ". Joshua pulled away. " But how is this fair ? You keep calling hubby but I can't call you wifey ". Joshua poked Elijah's chest. " It is my wish. You should not question it ". Elijah raised his eyebrows. " Will baby work then ? " Joshua nodded. " That is fine ". Elijah smiled. " Let me get some water ". 

Elijah came back with a glass of water and gave it to Joshua. He drank it all at once. " You should sleep. It is already late ". " I want to change ". Elijah nodded and gave him shorts and t-shirt. Joshua went into the bathroom and changed. He fell on the bed once he came out. " Thanks for the help ". Elijah smiled. 

" No need of thanks ". " Good night hubby ". Joshua yawned and closed his eyes to fall asleep. Elijah smiled looking down, his eyes holding an unknown emotion. He ran his hand through Joshua's hair and kissed his forehead and put his forehead on Joshua's. He covered him with the sheets and walked out closing the door. He stood near the door. " I hope I never lose you ". He walked to his room without looking back. 

                                                          -MG

BR Notice-

HUBBY? AND WIFEY??

#softstanmoment!

It is so cute seeing Elijah going from being all worried about Joshua, the angry at him and suddenly melting at the word "hubby". And a drunk Joshua is the cutest Joshua and him being all lovey dovey with Elijah-- My heart just bursts!

                   Elijah: If your heart bursts just picturing it, how should I feel experiencing it in full force                                               in reality? It's a miracle I am still alive and in one piece.

                                                    BR: For the first time ever, I feel sorry for you..

                                                            *Elijah and BR nod in understanding* 

                  Author: This is the first time I'm seeing both of you on friendly terms.. It's weirdly nice.

                                                    BR: Enjoy it while it lasts... 

Anyways, this chapter is so wholesome and sweet, I really do love it! MG is out of town with her family so I am honored to be the one posting the story andd getting to write the notice. Wish her luck as she tries to hide her phone from the prying hands of little kids😂.