Chapter 35 : First kiss.

Third person point of view

" So what do you plan on doing ? " Elijah turned to Joshua. Joshua rubbed his chin. " I want to know the places he visits often. If we go to those places we might find some clues ". Elijah nodded. " How about you ask Nick to find out ? " Elijah nodded. " Sure. I will inform him ". " They should be places like either some guest house, bars or some private property where he need not be scared of doing something ". 

Elijah nodded. " I have a condition. I won't let you do any adventures unless you are trained some more. You shouldn't just go into danger zone ". Joshua nodded. " Okay ". Elijah sat back and rotated his neck. " By the way what were you mixing that batter for ? " Joshua was curious. " Ah that...... " Elijah explained what he was doing. 

Joshua tried listening to it as much as he can without letting his eyes drift to Elijah's lips. Joshua liked how Elijah's eyes sparkled when he was speaking of cooking. Elijah finished explaining it and Joshua was impressed. " Woah. Nice. Can I ask you something ? " " Yep ". " Why do you like cooking ? " Elijah thought for a second. 

" I don't have a proper answer for that question. I actually started it for fun and like I told before since I was alone I used to keep experimenting. Turned out I was not that bad, so I continued doing it. So I guess I gradually started liking it. And I find it fun and relaxing, so I enjoy cooking ". Joshua nodded. " Cool ". 

Elijah smiled. They chatted a little more and Elijah went to cook dinner. And like always, it was wonderful. Joshua loved the flavor it has unlike when he tasted the batter. More than that, he wasn't even in his right mind at that time. Now that he properly tasted the food he liked it. " It is a sin to be this good at cooking ". 

Joshua said while cleaning the dishes. Elijah laughed. Joshua smiled too. He liked the sound of Elijah's laughter. He would say Elijah smiled less before than now and laugh was even less, so it was definitely special. But these days he did smile a little more. Once done with the dishes, Joshua plopped onto the couch. He slept on it and closed his eyes. 

Elijah just came out of his room and walked towards the couch. He was about to call Joshua, but stopped when he saw his closed eyes. He looked around for his phone. He didn't find it anywhere. He checked on the small table and kitchen too. He came back to the living room and saw it beside Joshua's head; almost falling between the cushion and back rest.

He bent forward but couldn't reach it. He rested his leg on the couch and bent forward. Joshua moved his knee kicking Elijah off balance. Joshua moved his leg still a little sleepy and he felt it contact with another leg. He was shocked and when he opened his eyes, he saw Elijah's face right in front of his. His eyes went wide. Elijah was just as shocked.

He didn't expect Joshua to swing his leg like that and it was sudden so he lost his balance and fell forward. He was defenseless but at the last moment he still used his elbows to stop himself from falling fully onto Joshua. He stared right back at Joshua's wide eyes. They just continued to stare at each other. Joshua could feel Elijah's breath hitting his face. 

He looked down to Elijah's lips and then back at his eyes. Elijah's eyes traveled along with Joshua's. When Joshua met Elijah's eyes again, he could feel the latter's breath hitch. Joshua's breath was turning heavy and his lips were slightly apart. Unlike Elijah, who was stiff like a statue. Joshua couldn't stop staring at Elijah's lips. He gave it one last thought. 

He blinked and slowly moved forward lifting his body using his elbows. His lips met Elijah's. Joshua closed his eyes and Elijah's went wide. He couldn't believe it was really happening. Joshua's lips pressed right against his. Joshua couldn't think about anything else at that moment, except how much he liked kissing Elijah at that moment.

His heart was beating really fast and butterflies erupted in his stomach. Elijah closed his eyes too and kissed Joshua back. He just enjoyed the kiss. His breath started getting heavier as they kissed. They just stayed like that for a few moments, lost in the kiss. Joshua pulled away and opened his eyes. His eyes went wide and this time they were trembling. It hit him hard.

Elijah opened his eyes and saw how shook Joshua looked. Joshua pushed Elijah making him fall on the floor and he ran into his room. Elijah sat there on the floor not knowing what just happened. It felt like his brain stopped working. He fell back onto the floor into a sleeping position looking up at the ceiling. Joshua slammed his door and slid down onto the floor. 

His heart was still beating fast and his blood was rushing faster. He was trying to calm down. He held his head. " What did I do ? " He ruffled his hair in frustration. He put his hand to his lips and Elijah who was still on the floor did the same. Elijah let his hand linger there for a moment. Joshua immediately pulled his hand away. It felt like he was struck by lightning. 

He leaned back with his head on the door. He didn't even know what Elijah was thinking. " I guess I will look like a pervert now ". He hung his head low. He sat there for how long, he didn't know. After a while it felt like his legs were going to go numb, so he got up and walked into the bathroom. He finished his shower and sat on the bed drying his hair. 

His hand slowed down and he looked down onto his lap. He looked at the door and decided to just sleep it off. His brain is getting heated up but he doesn't even know what to do about it. He switched the light off and closed his eyes to fall asleep. Elijah looked up when he saw the light was switched off. He got up from near the couch for a while now. 

He went and sat in front of the door. He stared at it for a while and looked down. When he understood Joshua was going to sleep, he slowly got up. " Why did you do this to my heart ? " He whispered resting his head against the door and walked into his room. He walked into the bathroom turning on the shower and stood under it mindlessly for a few seconds. 

He closed his eyes and remembered Joshua's face he saw a few years ago. He slowly opened his eyes and took in a shaky breath. He turned the faucet off and tied a towel around his waist. He stood near the counter looking at his reflection. He dried his hair and walked out. He changed into shorts and a sleeveless loose t-shirt. He fell on the bed and stared at the ceiling for a while. He put his hand to cover his eyes and fell asleep. 

                                                             -MG

Author notice :

Wow crossed 600. Thank you so much. 🤩

Finally ! I guess a lot of you think the same too. 😂 They finally kissed. Uff !  😂

I don't really have much to say this week. 😂 You can just go read the next chapter and I am going to yeet.