Chapter 72 : Just another day.

Third person point of view

Joshua took a deep breath and looked around the house. He couldn't come up with any solution for handling the situation at hand. " I will take a shower and be back ". Elijah nodded. Joshua stood up and walked towards his room. " Want me to help you ? " Elijah asked from behind. Joshua turned around with a blank face. " So should I take it as a yes ? "

Elijah said looking at Joshua. Joshua walked back and bent down to look Elijah in the eyes. " Fuck you ". He walked away and Elijah cracked up. " I would really like that to happen too ". " You horny bastard ! Shut up ! You did enough there itself ! " Joshua shouted without even looking back. Elijah laughed.

" That wasn't enough for me though ". " GET LOST ! " Joshua yelled and slammed his door. Elijah laughed harder. After calming down he got up and went to the kitchen. He took out his chocolate milk and sat back on the couch again. Joshua finished his shower and dressed up. He looked at the mirror and looked at his hair.

He pulled at the ends at his nape. He checked it and then walked back to sit beside Elijah. " You want one ? " Elijah asked showing his drink. Joshua shook his head. " No thank you. I am fine ". Elijah nodded and went back to sipping his drink. Joshua sat there silently. Elijah finished it and threw the pack in the dust bin.

He brought a pack of snacks and gave it to Joshua. " Eat it ". Joshua looked up at Elijah. " Just eat ". Joshua opened it and started having it. " Let's just go to the bar ". Joshua said and Elijah sighed. " Why are you obsessed with bars and pubs ? You are not going to get drunk this time. I am going to be with you ".

Joshua laughed. " Fine. I won't. The thing is we will look the least suspicious in that place ". Elijah nodded. " Fine. We will go there like you said. But don't you dare dress up ". Joshua chuckled. " Okay ". Elijah looked away. " So he will go there tonight ? " Joshua shook his head. " On Sundays only ". Elijah nodded.

Joshua heard his phone ring and picked it up. It was his mom. " Hello ". Elijah could hear the other side too. " Hello mom. How are you both ? " " I am fine. Dad is doing fine too ". Joshua nodded to himself. " So ? What is it ? " He asked wondering why his mom called him. " I wanted to see if you are still alive because I didn't even get a call from you ".

Elijah pursed his lips trying not to smile. Joshua huffed. " Do you not even want to ask if I am fine ? Or if I ate ? Something like that ". " If something happened it would've been we coming to visit you not call. You just answered and I know you are totally fine ". Joshua scoffed. " So you really wanted to see if I was alive ? " " Yes ". Joshua was mad. " MOM ! "

" What are you yelling for ? I am answering, aren't I ? " Joshua massaged his temples." Fine. So what else ? " " Nothing much. By the way, will you come back home anytime soon ? You can just take a leave and come, can't you ? " " Umm.. about that. I should see ". Joshua turned to Elijah. Elijah mouthed 'say yes'. Joshua frowned.

" Just say ". Elijah whispered. " Fine. I will come back ". " Okay. I will hang up then ". " Not even a take care ? " " Are you a kid ? " Joshua groaned. " Fine. You both take care ". " Okay. Bye ". His mom hung up and Joshua looked at the screen. He shook his head and turned to Elijah. " Why did you ask me to say yes ? "

" She asked you didn't she ? So go and I will go with you too ". Joshua's eyes went wide. " You will come ? " Elijah nodded. " Okay. Why though ? " " I want to meet them ? " Joshua's eyebrows shot up. " Really ? " Elijah nodded. " Whatever you want ". Joshua shrugged and continued eating his snack.

" Also we are almost out of groceries. They should be refilled ". Joshua said. Elijah nodded. " I will see later ". " Why later ? We will go get them ". " Now? " Joshua nodded. " Like you actually have something to do. You are being too holed up in the house. Come ". They both got up and walked to a nearby store.

More like Joshua dragged Elijah along with him. Elijah was walking a step behind. Joshua pulled out a cart and they started walking through the aisles looking for the things they want. Joshua was picking all kinds of snacks instead of the things they have to buy. Elijah stopped Joshua from putting more of them into the cart.

" You shouldn't eat so much junk food ". " Please. Just this one ". Joshua gave an innocent look with puppy eyes. Elijah stared at him and shook his head in defeat. " Just take it ". Joshua smiled triumphantly. Elijah took the cart from Joshua and started pushing it. Joshua stopped Elijah by holding his arm.

Elijah looked down to Joshua's hand. " This ? " Elijah checked what Joshua was showing. " We have it ". Joshua nodded. He was still holding Elijah's arm as they walked. Elijah had a small smile as they walked. Joshua would pick the things required and put it in the cart and his hand would automatically go to hold Elijah once he was done.

Elijah glanced at Joshua who was checking the packing for the quantity. He pouted as he put it back and started looking through the racks again. Elijah stared adoringly all through. And didn't speak much like always. Elijah paid for all of it and they walked out carrying the bags. Joshua wasn't carrying much. The one he carried mostly had the snacks he got.

Elijah carried all the other things. They walked into the kitchen and both started arranging them in their places. " Will it really be fine if I come ? " Elijah asked wondering if it was okay. " They know about me anyway, so there is no issue in you coming ". Joshua said putting a box in the cabinet and turned to look at Elijah. Elijah nodded and they finished arranging them all.

                                                               -MG

Author notice :

I would feel weird if they don't bicker. 😂 And this chapter has some real cute scenes. 😍

Wonder how Elijah is feeling about meeting his in laws.

Author : How are you feeling ?

Elijah : Should I feel something ?

BR : You are a human right ?

Elijah : This is one of my most asked questions.

Author and BR : =.=

Elijah : ( blinking innocently )

Author : Fine. All the best anyways.

Elijah : Thanks.

😂 This dude is beyond hope. 😂 Joshua's mom is savage. 🤣