Chapter 78 : Handing it over.

Third person point of view

Joshua walked out of the office with his bag and got a taxi to go to Anthony's house. He paid the taxi and got out. He was stopped at the gate. He informed that he wanted to meet Anthony and that he is an employee. They confirmed with Anthony and he let Joshua in. Joshua walked in and saw Anthony waiting for him. 

" Hello. Joshua right ? " " Yes sir. I have a few things to tell you. So I wanted to meet you personally ". " Sure. Please have a seat ". Joshua sat down. He was a little nervous. " So ? What is it ? " " That is... " Joshua took out all the things he wanted to and put it in front of him. Anthony's eyebrows shot up as he looked through all of it. 

" I found out about these and I wanted to show them to you. I am not in the place to judge them. So it is up to you about what you want to do with them. I will not speak about this and pretend it never happened. I took it as my duty to only find out about these but not about what to do with these. So.... It is in your hands now sir ". 

Anthony looked at Joshua. " You know you will save the company with these right ? " Joshua nodded. " I do. But it is your choice. They are your family ". " What would you do if you were in my place ? " Joshua looked up meeting his eyes which looked like still water without ripples. He was reminded of Elijah's eyes and how he can't look past them. 

" I will do what is right ". He said and Anthony nodded. " Thank you ". " No sir, please don't thank me. For someone with such wonderful personality like you and how well you treat all of us. It is my duty to do this ". Anthony smiled. Joshua stood up. " I will take my leave sir ". He nodded and Joshua walked out. He went back to the office.

Elijah walked out of the room after Joshua left and sat on the couch. Anthony turned to him. " So this is why you want to take up ? " Elijah nodded. Anthony took a deep breath. " Fine. The decision is yours then. You can do what you have to do or want to do with it ". Elijah nodded. " Thank you ". Elijah had lunch and took all the things and left to go back home.

Joshua came back home and saw Elijah sitting on the couch lost in thought. " What is it ? " Elijah turned to Joshua. " Nothing.... ah how did it go ? Did you give it ? " " I did ". " Good ". " So what is it with you ? You look kind of lost ". " I was thinking.... what would I do if I ever to deal with this ? " Joshua furrowed his eyebrows. " What is it with people today ? " 

Elijah acted clueless. " Why ? " " Even Mr. Simon asked me the same question ". " Oh. So your answer ? " " I don't know. I am not sure if I would just take action, but it would ruin so many things if it gets out of hand. So.. " He shrugged. " I understand ". Joshua nodded. " Let's go out for a walk ". Elijah asked facing Joshua. 

" Sure. Now ? " " You should have something and then we will go ". Joshua went to the kitchen and picked up a can of Coke. " Let's go ". They walked out and walked around in their neighborhood for a while. Joshua wondered if Elijah was going to speak something. But they were only walking in silence. 

Joshua turned to Elijah. " It feels good ". Elijah finally spoke up after hearing Joshua. " When I went to walk around before, it used to feel lonely. Now I have someone beside me.. " He turned to Joshua. " so it feels refreshing and like a stress reliever ". Elijah smiled taking Joshua's hand in his. Joshua smiled. " My pleasure ". They went back home. 

Joshua took out the controllers and handed one to Elijah. " No bets. Just for wasting time ". Elijah laughed. " Fine ". They played till it got dark. Elijah checked the time. " I will cook today ". Joshua nodded. Elijah went to the kitchen and got to work. Joshua went to chat with Elijah as he cooked. 

Once it was done, Elijah served it hot and they finished eating. Now it was Joshua's turn to work and he started cleaning them, humming. Elijah stood beside him silently. " Come here ". Joshua called and Elijah came closer. " Closer ". Elijah closed the distance between them. " Closer ". Elijah's face was right in front Joshua's. 

Joshua kissed Elijah. Elijah closed his eyes. Joshua pulled away and smiled. " I don't know what it is. I also know I will not be able to get an answer out of you. So don't think too much. You won't take any dumb decisions and know what is right and wrong. Do what you want to without thinking too much into it ". " No matter what it is ? " 

Elijah asked and Joshua smiled. " Are you trying to scare me ? " Elijah chuckled. " Yes. No matter what it is ". Joshua said his eyes sparkling. Elijah tilted his head for one more kiss. He smiled when he pulled away. Joshua got to work and Elijah back hugged him. " Don't try something like last time. If your hands go down even by a millimetre, I will throw soap water on you ". 

Elijah laughed kissing Joshua's cheek. " Roger that ". Joshua smiled and finished his work. When Joshua got up to sleep, Elijah stopped him. " Stay with me ". Joshua nodded. He slept with Elijah hugging him to sleep. He wanted Elijah to be able to solve whatever it was soon. He was bothered to see him like that and even more because he knew Elijah wouldn't tell him. 

He knows all too well that there is more to Elijah which he doesn't know of. At least not yet. He knows Elijah will tell some day, but maybe it was not the time yet. And he was willing to wait. He looked up to see Elijah who was already asleep. He smiled looking at him and closed his eyes to fall asleep. 

                                                    -MG

Author's notice :

The cat is out of the bag. Well it was since the start. 😂 But yeah.

Author : ( turns to Elijah ) You look nervous.

BR : Well.... ( smirks ) he has to be.

Elijah : ( glaring at BR ) 

Author : Oh yes shit. 

BR : I will clean up a room for you to stay.

Elijah : ( speaking through clenched teeth ) You are being way too optimistic. 

BR : Thank you. ( sips tea )

Author : (⊙ˍ⊙)

😂😂😂 They should seriously stop it already.