Chapter 86 : Extra chapter

Third person point of view

Joshua and Elijah walked out to go to office. They saw someone else as the driver instead on the one who takes them daily. " Who are you ? " Joshua asked a little wary. " The one who takes you daily is not well sir. So I replaced him ". Joshua nodded. The both of them got in the car and the driver drove away from there.

" Shall we play some games ? " Joshua asked taking out his phone. Elijah nodded and took out his own phone. The both of them started playing. The driver looked at them through the rear view mirror. He was sweating profusely. He increased the speed and changed the direction. The two in the back seat were still busy playing games.

After a while, the car finally came to a stop. Joshua and Elijah got out of the car. Joshua looked around and walked up to Elijah. The driver looked nervous. Joshua acted like he was shocked. " Oh my god. Where are we ? " Elijah frowned. Joshua hit Elijah's arm. " Can you not even act along ? Look at him. He looks like he is about to faint ".

Elijah glanced at the guy and the both of them walked in. " How cliche ". Joshua said seeing the old factory. " Do they keep these for things like this ? " Joshua asked looking around. " They do ". Elijah said and Joshua's eyes went wide. " Are you for real ? " Elijah nodded. " Some of them do keep this to do things like this ".

Joshua nodded. They walked in and saw about 15 guys there. And one was sitting on a box in the middle. Joshua sighed. He turned to the driver and beckoned him. He removed his coat and watch and gave it to him. " These are expensive. So make sure you keep them safe. If not... you will see what I can do ".

Joshua rolled up his sleeves. Elijah looked bored. The guys rushed forward to attack them. Joshua was pretty skilled. Besides Elijah's training, he later even received some professional training too. Elijah just finished each one of them off with a punch of kick. Joshua turned to give a look to Elijah.

Their eyes met and Elijah helped Joshua dodge them. He went to the one who looked like the head. The head took out a gun. Joshua twisted his hand in a swift moment and the gun was in his hand now. He shot once to the roof and everyone stopped. He pointed it right at his forehead.

The head raised his hands. " You are not even worth being a leader. How much more old fashioned can you be ? " Joshua roasted him right in front of his face. Elijah who was on the side not wanting to hurt their pride by laughing. They could hear sound of cars coming in their direction.

Joshua lowered the gun and bodyguards walked in. He threw the gun away. He went back to the driver and took the coat and watch. He put them on. " Thanks ". He smiled and walked out along with Elijah. He remembered his face but didn't remember the name of the guy who was in charge of security.

" Shouldn't you be more careful ? " Joshua asked and the in charge lowered his head. " We will be careful from now on sir ". " Also I want information about who sent them and also who owns this by evening ". The in charge nodded. " Yes sir ". Joshua shook his head and walked out. " Nicholas should train his underlings better ".

Elijah chuckled. " He would weep if he hears this ". Joshua laughed. A driver took them to the office. They finished their day and were back home. It was dinner time and Elijah just took the pan off the stove. Joshua walked into the kitchen and sat down on the counter. Elijah finished plating them and then turned to Joshua.

" What did you make ? " " Just... something ". Joshua rolled his eyes. " Let's eat. I am hungry ". " Why are you in such a hurry ? " Elijah asked pulling Joshua closer. " Why ? Are you not ? " Joshua asked poking his chest. " I am. But for you " Joshua gasped and hit Elijah. Elijah chuckled. " Let's eat before it gets cold ". " Well I can just eat you then ". Elijah said with a smirk.

" Fucking bastard. Just don't use this pun on me. Makes me want to puke ". Joshua said pushing Elijah away. Elijah laughed and sat down on the chair. He gave Joshua his plate. He sat down with his own plate. They finished eating dinner together. Joshua went back to their bedroom. Elijah was talking on the phone outside.

Joshua was just scrolling through his phone. He heard the door open and saw Elijah walk in. He put his phone away. Elijah stood there for a second. Joshua opened his arms and Elijah smiled. He walked up to bed and got into Joshua's arms. Joshua hugged him closer. Elijah rolled them to the side with Joshua on him now.

They just stayed like that for a few minutes. " You know... during college someone told me I should learn to have more self compassion. I did try to make it happen but I don't know to what extent I did ". Elijah said looking up at the ceiling. Joshua didn't really know what Elijah was thinking saying all of that. 

He wondered if it was because what happened during the morning. If that was so, he didn't want him to. " Well I do think you have a little now. But a little more would be nice. You are not the one to blame all the time after all ". Joshua said and looked up at Elijah. Elijah looked down to meet Joshua's eyes.

" And I will be there with you forever. So let's get there little by little ". Elijah smiled kissing Joshua's forehead. " Today was so tiring ". Joshua said with a small sigh. " Agreed ". " Maybe we should go on a vacation ? " Joshua suggested. " Should we ? " Elijah asked and Joshua fell in thought. " We can but not now. There are still a few things we need to finish before we go on a leave ". 

Elijah chuckled. " Who is the workaholic now ? " Joshua rolled his eyes. " I will ask Nicholas to come handle them then ". Joshua said making Elijah laugh. " Sure. We can do that ". Joshua smiled and closed his eyes. " Let's sleep. Good night ". He yawned. " Good night ". Elijah also closed his eyes and both of them fell asleep.

                                                            -MG

Author notice :

How are they so cool ?! 😭🤩 And this is officially the end of this book.

And speaking of what Elijah said, this is something that happened to me IRL when I was in college. I helped someone with their practical for psychology diploma unexpectedly. It was a spontaneous thing because they said they couldn't find anyone. So it was that student, me and the HOD of psychology department. We finished the whole thing and the lecturer spoke to me about it and to work towards it. I don't know if I reached there though.

If you ask me, I'd say it is easier to build self confidence or esteem than self compassion. Because it is like you are in the first of to be blamed list no matter what it is. While writing the chapter, I thought about it and asked myself and I don't think I went any farther than I was before. I also had no time to work on myself. I did change maybe but very little. But I guess I should be more. 

In case you guys are like that too, well then hello. 😂 But frankly speaking it is easier to say than do. But I hope you guys don't blame yourselves for things you shouldn't. Don't be so hard on yourself and you can let go sometimes. By the time I reached the end of this A/N, I realized there were times when I did not blame myself too bad and learnt to have a little compassion. So I did take a step towards it. Hope you can too.

That's the end of my philosophy class. 😂🤣 Sorry that was long.

Hope you guys enjoyed reading this book. Thanks to all of you for the support. See you guys in the next A/N chapters and then again in my new book which will start soon. Hope you guys are all healthy, happy and safe. 🥰🤗