Chapter 82 : Revealing secrets.

Third person point of view

The next morning, Elijah drove to the secret place he went before along with Joshua. He entered and everyone bowed to him. Joshua looked at everything awestruck. He recognized it as they walked in. " This is the gaming cafe we went to that day ? " Elijah nodded. " That was a set up. I wanted to check how your shooting skills are, so I made that arrangement. If I randomly ask you to come shooting with me I would get caught, wouldn't I ? "

" I knew something was wrong when you said you wanted to come here, but I didn't expect this ". Joshua said and shook his head in disbelief. They saw Nicholas sitting on one of the couches playing a video game. " Nick ". Elijah called and he turned around to find Joshua and Elijah. Nicholas smiled and walked up to them.

He bowed. " Greetings to Mr. and Mrs. Simon ". Joshua moved forward putting Nicholas in a head lock. Nicholas coughed trying to get rid of Joshua. " What is this ? Help me you bastard. Your lover is killing me ". Elijah shook his head and watched. " You unfaithful rascal. How did his grip get so strong ? Ugh ! "

Joshua loosened lightly. " I learnt from the best after all ". He smirked and Nicholas glared at Elijah. " I am sorry. It was all Elijah's plan. I am only a role in it ". Joshua let go of Nicholas who coughed trying to breathe. " Thank you ". " You are both partners in crime ". Both of them stood there getting scolded looking children who got caught eating sweets.

" You just played around with my life like you please ". Joshua folded his hands and they both looked into space and cleared their throat. " We said we are sorry ". Elijah said and Nicholas nodded. Joshua only glared at them. " Sorry ". Nicholas said and Joshua smiled. They both walked closer to Joshua.

" Let me show you more ". They took him to Nicholas' office. Elijah told Joshua about the other branches and also his own network which runs through in all the countries he has business in. Joshua was shocked at all of this. " You had all of Alex's men under control ? " Elijah nodded. " You jerk.. " Elijah scratched his head and Nicholas snickered.

" So the cafe is just a cover up to this ? " Joshua asked and Nicholas nodded. " Not really. The gaming part was a set up. The cafe is real. We run it like every other normal cafe. It has good income and this place will look less suspicious with the cafe up there ". Joshua nodded. They walked out of the room and sat on the couches outside. " Anything more I should know ? "

" I made you my secretary to have you by my side all the time in the office. And also I have to take care of a lot of branches so we might be travelling from one place to another ". Joshua nodded. They spent the rest of the day there as Joshua learnt a lot about Elijah and Nicholas. " So the house that we went to that day is his ? "

Joshua asked his eyes wide as he pointed at Nicholas. He scoffed. " I really want to get a gun now ". Elijah and Nicholas smiled. Elijah put his hand around Joshua's shoulder. " Violence is not an option my darling ". Nicholas nodded vigorously. Joshua shook his head. " How many more lies do I need to know ? "

" There are quite some ". " Like ? " Joshua asked folding his hands. Elijah cleared his throat. " I knew that guy was going to come for the documents that day. We found the key there because I asked Nick to put it there ". Joshua stared at Elijah like he was not sure about anything in his life. " There might be a few that I am forgetting ".

Elijah said with an awkward chuckle. They had dinner together and went back home. Joshua turned to Elijah. " Did you just use me all this time ? " " How can you say that ? I might've lied about a lot of things but my love for you is not a lie. Like you said the reason justifies the action. Since you know my reason you should decide if it is justified ".

Elijah said sincerely. " Don't look at me looking so sincere ". Elijah smiled pulling Joshua closer. " Why ? " " I can't get myself to say no. I guess it was nice when I couldn't read your eyes. You only let me when you want to ". Elijah chuckled. " You stalker ". Elijah rubbed his neck. " You just killed two birds with one stone didn't you ? "

Elijah nodded with slight hesitation. Joshua scoffed trying to glare at Elijah, but failed. " I believe you ". Elijah kissed Joshua's cheek. " Thank you ". " No mention ". Joshua smiled. Elijah sat down on the couch. Joshua finished taking a shower and walked out. He sat down beside Elijah. Elijah put his phone away and turned to Joshua.

" How did you guess about Nicholas ? I don't think he gave away anytime ". Joshua rubbed his chin. " He didn't. But his aura felt different from what he was portraying to be. It was like his original aura is being suppressed ". Elijah nodded impressed by Joshua. " So you knew from the start ? " Joshua tilted his head.

" Kind of. But I thought he was maybe a real big gang leader who is acquainted with you and wanted to help you out because he wanted to return some favor to you. And you didn't want it to be revealed to me ". Elijah chuckled. " You know you watch too many films ? " Joshua snickered. Elijah shook his head.

" What about me ? Did I do any good acting ? " Joshua nodded. " Do you even need to ask ? But the fact that the way you act with me was your real self made it difficult to figure out. Because you were so laid back and relaxed enjoying the time of your life ". Elijah laughed. " Not wrong. I enjoyed it all more than I thought I would ". Joshua scoffed. " You sure did ".

Elijah laughed. " What would you have done if I did throw you out or didn't talk to you again ? " Elijah fell in thought. " Not so sure. I kind of knew you would listen to me. But if that wasn't the case, I would've just barged into your house again maybe ". He laughed. Joshua shook his head with a smile. " You are hopeless ". Elijah only laughed harder.

-MG

Author notice :

Elijah is definitely a wonderful actor. 😂 And even if Joshua did put Elijah away for a while, I think he would've spoken to him again. He loved him after all. 😂 But putting all that aside I think he would still listen.

I am not sure if this explanation is necessary but I feel like I should give it. Joshua agreeing is definitely not illogical. Joshua is someone who is considerably a more reasonable person and I don't think there is any reason for him to do anything he didn't actually do up there. I would definitely say it is logical. If you understood the characters well enough by now, you should understand this too. Peace.