Chapter 53 : A smart boyfriend.

Third person point of view

After a few minutes, Elijah felt Joshua's breathe even down. He lowered the volume. Elijah heard a knock. " It is open ". Nicholas entered and closed his eyes as soon as he saw the two sitting on the couch. He peeked from between his fingers. " I didn't come for this ". Elijah rolled his eyes ignoring Nicholas. Nicholas closed the door and sat down on the chair. 

" Good development I see ". Elijah huffed. " Shut up ". Nicholas chuckled. " Here ". He gave the file to Elijah. Elijah looked through it and nodded. He gave it back to Nicholas and turned to Joshua. He tapped Joshua's shoulder to wake him up. Joshua opened his eyes and sat up properly. He saw Nicholas and frowned lightly. 

" Sorry. When did you come ? " Nicholas smiled. " It is fine. Just now ". Joshua nodded and stood up from the couch. " I will be back in a minute ". The other two nodded and Joshua went to his room. Nicholas wiggled his eyebrows. Elijah raised his eyebrow. " What is happening ? " Elijah shrugged. " Come on~~ Tell me ". Nicholas said wanting to know more. " Nothing ". 

Nicholas smirked. " So.....popped the cherry yet ? " Elijah glared at Nicholas. He decided to just ignore him. Joshua finished his business, washed his face and went out. They noticed Joshua coming and pretending like nothing happened. Joshua sat beside Elijah again and Nicholas didn't miss out on how close they were sitting. 

Nicholas handed the file to Joshua and Joshua started looking into it. Elijah gave a warning with his eyes and Nicholas happily ignored it. Nicholas was looking at Joshua and continued to observe him and Elijah looked away knowing there is no hope. " Why did you get this ? " Joshua asked once he was done looking through it. 

He did want to know things, but he didn't ask for them from Nicholas yet. But now Nicholas himself brought it to him and it was almost everything Joshua wanted. Joshua couldn't help but wonder that this was too much of a coincidence. Nicholas was calm and natural when answering. 

" I've listened to his calls and a few are suspicious. They keep coming from anonymous numbers and he only keeps saying yes or just asking for time to pay them back. But there was one with his other brother. It looked like they had a conflict over something. James kept saying he was scared and doesn't want to do it anymore. Alex was ordering him... more like a threat. James just agreed at the end. They didn't go to any specifics but it didn't feel normal. I got you the information of the other two. So if you know all these you might want them right ? " 

Nicholas shrugged after he finished speaking. Joshua nodded like he was in thought about something. " Are you sure you are an amateur hooligan ? " Joshua chuckled at his own question. Elijah pursed his lips trying not to show his smile and looked at Nicholas with amusement. Nicholas scoffed. 

His eyes didn't show any emotion nor did he trip. " I am one but not a dumb one ". Joshua nodded with a small smile. Nicholas sighed. " I will continue to monitor his calls. For now, this is it ". Joshua nodded looking at the file. " Thanks ". Nicholas waved it off. They chatted for a while and Nicholas left. 

Joshua picked up the file and looked through again. He turned to Elijah. " You have any guesses ? " Elijah looked a bit lost. " About ? " Joshua showed the file. " Ah. I am not sure ". Joshua let out a long breath. He spun the file on his finger. " How are you doing that ? " Elijah asked and Joshua chuckled. " It isn't that difficult ". Elijah nodded looking impressed.

" What could they be doing for James to be scared ? " Joshua said looking dazed. Elijah thought for a second. " Something illegal ? " Elijah said sounding unsure. Joshua stopped spinning the file. He put the file aside and shrugged. " Maybe, maybe not ". Elijah turned to look at Joshua. " What do you mean? " Elijah was curious as to what was running in Joshua's brain. 

" From what I saw of James, he is the type who is timid. He never spoke in any meetings. He used to only support whatever Alex said. He was kind of cowardly and obedient or submissive maybe. So he is easy to get ordered around and a little innocent......? So maybe, what if they are using him for something ? " Elijah nodded. " But the reason for your answer ? Why might it not be that ? " 

Joshua exhaled. " It is like..... consider him when he was a kid. He would be scared and paranoid even if it is a small thing like secretly eating chocolates or something big like smoking secretly. So now it might be something small which we don't know yet or big as using the company money on something illegal or something else ". 

Joshua shrugged. " The difference between the things is different, but he will be scared the same. So I don't know what to deduce out of it. But I am sure something is wrong considering Alex having debts and getting threat calls. He is using it for what, is something we need to find out. And what does James have anything to do with all of this is another thing ". 

Elijah's jaw has already landed on the floor virtually in his imagination. He wondered how Joshua was so smart. Joshua turned to Elijah who was looking at him with a complicated expression. " What is it ? " Elijah shook his head and smiled lightly. " I am just so amazed about how much of a genius my boyfriend is ". Joshua chuckled. 

Elijah knew Joshua was right, but he can't say it. He just smiled back. " What is this flattery for ? " Elijah laughed. " Nothing. Just stating facts ". Joshua shook his head. " You want to taste the food I cook ? " Elijah gave a goofy grin and Joshua laughed. " You sure you don't want to ? " Joshua asked once again. Elijah chuckled. 

" You want to kill your boyfriend ? " Joshua nodded like he was thinking about what Elijah said and his expression changed. " So you are saying my cooking skills are that bad ? " Joshua looked like he was hurt and raised an eyebrow at Elijah. Elijah gasped. " I didn't mean it- " " Then ? " Joshua had a blank face. 

Elijah moved closer trying to coax him. " I am so sorry. I just said it for fun. I didn't mean it a wrong way or in a way to hurt you. I just- " He was rambling and looked up at Joshua who pursed his lips and was suppressing his laughter. Elijah slouched and gaped when he saw Joshua's expression. 

" I just got played ". " Yep. Totally. And it was fun ". Joshua laughed. Elijah held Joshua's face by his chin. He narrowed his eyes. " You are getting naughtier by each day. Want me to punish you ? " Joshua pushed him away looking a little shook. " No thank you. Also tease me one more time and I will definitely feed you something I cook ". Elijah laughed. 

                                                      -MG

Author notice :

Seeing Joshua teasing Elijah gives me a reason to live happily. 😂🤣😂🤣

Author : 😊

Elijah : You are smiling way too much. (actually judging author)

BR : Better than someone here. (gives eye smile)

Elijah : Can you still see me ? 

BR : (huffs) I DO ! WHY ? Got a problem. 

Elijah : (a tiny bit terrified) No. Just asking. 

Author : (smiles) You should learn to not talk too much sometimes.

Elijah : I just understood that now.

Author : (laughs)

My BR has small eyes, so that was an insider joke. 😂

😂🤣 Actually this is something I keep telling myself. That I should talk less. 😂 Not that I am much of a talker but still. I do feel like I bring it upon myself by speaking even that little. 😂