chapter 16 Meeting The Singhanias

When Darsh and Sanjana left the airport, Kabir had called someone on the phone and soon there were multiple cars that had pulled up in front of them.

It shocked Sanjana to see so many cars to receive only them 

There were five expensive cars waiting for them. Sanjana was getting more nervous about meeting Darsh’. s family.They entered the car, which was third in the row. As soon as they started their journey, Sanjana’s nervousness reached another level.

 After an hour‘s drive, they reached inside big metal gates. The car stopped in front of the main entrance of the mansion. Sanjana got down from the car. She just noticed the surroundings, and she became more sure that she doesn’t belong here, they will never accept a simple, middle-class girl like her.

         Darsh went beside her, held her hand, and started moving towards the door. At that moment Sanjana just wanted to turn around and ran back to her Nani‘s embrace. She was on the verge of crying ,seeing this darsh squeeze her hand.

     When they stand side by side on the main door of the mansion, darsh announced to his family 

    “I would like to take this opportunity to introduce to you all my wife, Mrs. Sanjana Darsh Singhania.”

  Listening to this sanjana took courage to look in front of the people who were standing there with no emotions on their faces. One elderly lady was wearing a sleeveless blouse with a silk saree ,the other lady was wearing a backless blouse with chiffon saree.Both the ladies were wearing minimal jewelry. but all of them were expensive diamond jewelry. Next to them stood two young boys of the same age wearing t-shirts and jeans, both looking alike. Sanjana just noticed this much. And then again started looking at her feet. As she was feeling very under-dressed in front of them, she didn’t know how to put on makeup like a professional. Sanjana preferred simplicity, but the ladies of this house were dressed and groomed to perfection. 

      Piyali Singhania offered a plate used for puja and put tilak on the couple’s forehead. A maid put on a rice filled tumbler known as Kalash,, piyali told sanjana to touch that from her right leg so that it will fall inside the house. Then she makes her dip her foot in red-colored water placed on a big plate, and starts walking inside on the white cloth to take her footprints. These all are traditions usually followed to welcome newly wed brides.

Then darsh and sanjana stopped before the ladies 

    “Sanjana She is my Dadi (grandmother)Mrs Gayatri Singhania. “

     “ Pranam’ .'sanjana first greeted her by joining her hands, then touched her feet for blessings. 

    “ God bless you,’’ Gayatri Devi responded quickly.

     “She is my aunt, but I call her choti maa, Mrs piyali Singhania. “

      “Pranam “sanjana touched her feet for blessings. 

   “Stay blessed,’’ Piyali responded.

“And they are my twin cousins, Aryan and Arnav.” 

     They came forward to hug her, but a stern look from their Dadi stopped them. Both of them touched sanjana’s feet, saying in unison “pranam bhabhi” (sister-in-law)

     Their gesture took aback slightly  Sanjana.

   “Darsh, your dadaji is waiting for you in the study room., leave her with us and go to dadaji “

      Listening to this,,  sanjana clutched on darsh’s arms and looked into his eyes pleadingly to not to leave her here.

Darsh heart pained looking at her like this. Sanjana,He made sanjana seated on a nearby sofa and kneeled before her,. holding her hands.” Sanjana, they are my family. Trust me, they will never hurt you. Stay here with them and answer them if they ask you something, hmm? I will be back soon, OK?”