chapter 3 Her life .His Nightmares

“Mommy, why is your tummy so big?”

“Your little sister is in there, she is going to come soon to meet his darsh bro”

Dad replied, smiling at my curiosity

“Take care of her, love her, and protect her from bad things. My darsh will be a good baby brother, na.”

“Yes mom, don’t worry, I will always take care of her.”

After listening to him, both of them kissed his cheeks and started walking on the opposite side. They were going into a dark valley and then they vanished from my sight completely. 

“Please mom, don’t leave me alone .”

“Please dad, stay with me. “

“Please, please “

He woke up with a jolt, covered by his sweat. Again the same nightmare, same things, same words again and again. Every night he woke up with the same feeling, the feeling of losing his dear parents, feelings of loneliness. He reached to the bedside table and drank the water in one go, but his uneasiness didn’t seem to settle down.

He knows very well that there is no use in laying in bed now because no matter how much he tries, sleep is not coming back to him. So he walked to the washroom to start his daily routine. After finishing his morning routine, he started jogging to his nearby park from his house.

After spending five years in New York, he started liking  this city. When he left for New York five years ago, he was not sure about living here for over six months. But the family business here required some supervision from a Singhania member.

So his grandfather suggested he live there for some more time. Anyways, he has to visit Mumbai’s home whenever the family or their business needs him. 

   It was a very hard time for his family, staying away from him. His Dadi and Choti ma were hell worried about him. Both of them started cursing the New York branch employees, as, because of their fault, he had to leave them. He has to assure them about his eating timetable, health and promised that he will never bring a foreign Bahu for them. Typical Dadi and choti ma style. But he makes sure that he will visit them at least twice a year. Sometimes they also visit New York.

Once a year he visits any hill station in India or abroad. He calls it a desertion period for him, which lasts for a maximum of ten days. He didn’t like discussing, talking, or thinking about business affairs. Better he calls it ME time.,this slight break gives him peace of mind and soul. So that he can start, work with double determination and positive thoughts.

 His Dadaji says that he took this habit from his parents, they also used to go on such trips.

At present, he was busy throughout the day in meetings after meetings. It’s late in the evening when finally he winds up the work and leaves for his home. Singhania has properties all over the world. In New York also they have a lavish bungalow with proper security and efficient staff who take care of his food and home.

Darsh entered the house and immediately got under the shower to relax his nerves with hot, soothing water.

After having dinner, he was doing some leftover work on a laptop, his phone ringed flashing his best friend’s name. He was Kabir Rawat, his childhood friend in Hindi ‘langotiya yaar’. 

“Haan, bol”

“Na hi, na hello. seedha bol, Kaisa yaar hai tu, at least halchal to pucch.Jaa Katti”

(No hello, no hi what kind of friend are u at least ask my well being)

“Ok, my drama queen, Kaisa hai tu .“(how are u).?