chapter 43 The baby shower .

The time was going in speed, and the day of the baby shower arrived. darsh only invited a few relatives for security reasons . They kept the decoration in a pink theme, of course Kedar singhania's idea. Mr and Mrs Narang also came to attend the function with lots of gifts.

Darsh was not in favor of this ritual as sanjana was not comfortable in sitting position for a long time. He didn't want to trouble her. But looking at the happiness of the family members, he agreed unwillingly.

Dr Prajakta also arrived on time. When she was talking to Kedar singhania and Mr. Narang, they started the conversations" do you like the decoration? "

"Yes, it's exquisite, but why pink, not blue?"Dr teased them.

' Are you saying it's a boy?' Narang got worried.

Dr prajakta laughed at this

", i know your trick uncle, but trust me, the same trick you people used on Meera's, then piyali's baby shower, so this is an old trick now. And as always, I will not reveal the gender of the baby "

Sanjana entered the hall wearing a lightweight saree and some light jewelry.

Darsh was against the idea of wearing a saree, but she convinced him. Soon the ceremony started, and the priest made her first worship in the temple room.

In the living room, they placed a swing decorated with flowers. Piyali made sanjana sit on that swing.

First Gayatri Devi came to her, put roli on her forehead and placed dry fruits and some gifts in the stole / chunni placed on her lap. She made her eat some sweets and kissed her forehead.

Then Meena Narang placed roli on her head and put some dry fruits and gifts with cash in her stole.

Piyali also followed the same ritual, then Kedar singhania came to her and gave her a silver kanha idol and patted on her head. Nirmal also followed Kedar and gave her a Ganesha idol.

A plate of different sweets which was covered by plates brought in front of her. Mrs. Narang stated to her lovingly

"Sanjana, you have to choose any one bowl from this plate. If it will be barfi or jalebi then it will be a girl child and if it will be ladoo then it will be boy, so come on to play the game ."

"I don't believe in this type of game "

kedar sighania commented

Gayatri Devi commented," it's a ritual and in 90 percent case the prediction comes true "

"Bhabhi, we don't have any problem. Please continue. "Narang handled the situation, as he can see the upcoming argument.

Sanjana was hell nervous as she knew about the obsession for girl children in this house., she looked at darsh who blinked his eyes in assurance.

Sanjana, with shaking hands, chooses a bowl. Gayatri uncovered the lid, and it was barfi. Kedar hugged Narang in joy. "see Indra, I told you this time Mata rani will hear my prayer and will come to us. "

"Somebody stated that he doesn't believe in these types of games, right Meena? "Gayatri Devi stated sarcastically

"Who was that fool? I truly believe in this ritual, "kedar stated in astonishment. Everybody laughed at his antics.

Mr Narang also gifted her bangles and kissed her forehead with tears in his eyes.

Kabir gifted her a beautiful set of anklets, as she used to love wearing them before pregnancy. She smiled at his gift.

Aryan and Arnav sat near her in the swing, and side hugged her.. They gave her some branded cosmetics and perfumes.

Darsh was the only one left. ,everybody started teasing him.

' I hope Bhai you will gift her something precious, you know, "Arnav said to Darsh

"Of Course he will, he is the smartest one in all of you" Piyali defended his favorite boy.

Everyone chuckled at this.

Darsh went near to sanjana "I know you are eager to see the gift but you have to close your eyes for sometime than, you will see it "

Sanjana smiled and closed her eyes.

After a minute, open your eyes now "

When she opened her eyes, she got shocked, happy tears started flowing through her eyes

"Gudiya."

"Nani... Nani.. maa," she choked on her words.

Mrs Dhani chauhan and Mr parmesh chauhan were standing there with lots of gifts.

Mrs. Chauhan rushed to her and engulfed her in a hug. Mr Chauhan just patted her head. Tears flowed continuously from their eyes. After some time, they got composed.

'Meet Mr. parmesh chauhan and Mrs Dhani chauhan sanjana's Nana- Nani" (maternal grandparents)

Darsh introduced them to his family.

The chauhan couple greeted them by joining hands in namaste. They returned the gesture. Gayatri, Meena had tears in their eyes seeing sanjana's state and piyali was, as usual, a crying mess as she was meeting her own parents.

After greetings, Mrs Dhani chauhan also put gifts on her palla (saree end) and put a kohl dot behind her ear to save her from Evil eye. Everybody started mingling with each other.

"Nanima, this is Kabir bhaiya, my brother, " Sanjana introduced Kabir, who touched the chauhan couple's feet for blessings.

All the time Sanjana spoke praises of her family, she used terms like my chotima, my chotey papa, my Nana Nani for the Narang couple. This gesture brought tears of joy in the chauhan couple's eyes. They understood that this family accepted sanjana wholeheartedly.

After dinner, darsh sent Mrs chauhan to sleep in sanjana's room as he knew she had so much to catch up. Sanjana slept keeping her head in Nanima 'lap that night.. It thrilled her to meet Nani.

The next day was sanjana's check up chotima darsh and Mrs chauhan went with her to hospital.

Suddenly, Sanjana needed to use the washroom.. She denied anyone to accompany her. Darsh was on a call that time. piyali insisted, but she told her that Nanima will feel alone and the washroom is near so she can manage alone. Piyali nodded in understanding.

When she came out after using the washroom, she found Tanisha standing in front of her ,shooting daggers with eyes towards her.

' Good job pity case so you are giving heir to Singhania's not bad but you know darsh doesn't love you, he only loved aditi and it will be aditi always. "

"See, I don't know what problem you have with me or my family, so just stay away from me and I don't want to hear your nonsense anymore , now excuse me." "sanjana replied rudely to her.

"Nice to know that, but that is not nonsense that I talk., did you ask your husband where he was on your wedding night? You know that na he returned in the morning only. Let me tell you that he was in Aditi's home ."

"Silly girl, didn't you hear him when he was telling the relatives that you are a trophy wife and now for the heir you are used to? I just pity you.Good bye."

As soon as Tanisha departed from the lobby, Sanjana was suddenly overcome with darkness and a handkerchief was pressed over her mouth.