chapter 20 Without Love

Sanjana changed into a comfortable night dress and lay down on the bed, but sleep was too far from her.

“I know we are not in love with each other, , but if darsh ji wants to take the next step in this marriage ,I will not hesitate as he is my husband now and it’s his right too.”

First the clock hits 1:30, then 2:30, as the clock hits 3..00. Sanjana fell asleep., as she was tired from all the day's functions. It was early morning 5: 00 am when darsh returned home . When he entered the room he found sanjana sound asleep .He then  realized that it was their first night which he had spent out of the house .He moved near to sanjana adjusted her head on pillow properly and tucked her comforter properly, he kissed her forehead.

After changing clothes, darsh slept on the other side of the bed. . It's around 8.am that sanjana woke up .It surprised her to see that darsh was sleeping soundly on the other side of bed. She slowly tiptoed to the washroom making no sound that would disturb his sleep.

She hurriedly took a shower and got ready in a saree to join the family for breakfast. When she reached the dining room, they already started the breakfast. Piyali told her to sit beside her and eat breakfast. everyone,She greeted everyone then started eating breakfast.

After finishing the breakfast, everyone went to their workplace. Piyali left for her studio, giving her numbers of kitchen staff and ordered her to take a rest. Sanjana went back to her room hesitantly as she was avoiding to face darsh. She opened the door, only to be met with Darsh, who had on a t-shirt and shorts, making her cry out in shock.

Darsh chuckled at her reaction

“Good Morning Mrs Singhania, so done with your breakfast ‘

Sanjana nodded in yes.

“ok than I have ordered for me in room only, i have taken off today as i am feeling tired”

He sat on the sofa," sanjana come sit “

Sanjana doesn’t move an inch in nervousness, she was the first time all alone with darsh 

“Sanjana, I said come and sit,” 

“Now “darsh said in a stern voice.

Listening to his angry tone ,Sanjana went towards the sofa and sat at the other end of the sofa. With his eyes fixed on her graceful movements, Darsh patted the spot beside him. "Sit here, and this time I will not repeat myself “

Sanjana hesitantly seated near him., darsh was noticing Sanjana's face, her hesitation, her heavy breathing, her sweating forehead .” last night “as darsh started saying sanjana cut him off.

“I am sorry,,,  for last night ,I know I should have waited for you. but I don’t know how I fell asleep,” Sanjana said.

“Why do you have to wait for me?” “darsh asked

“Choti ma told me to wait, as it was our first night, “she replied shyly.

He heard a knock on the door and opened it to allow the helper with the breakfast tray to enter the room and keep it on the table..

Darsh started eating his breakfast silently. ,in the meantime, Sanjana was noticing the details of the room.

After finishing breakfast, darsh started, “look sanjana, we don’t know each other., I will like to take this slow, there is no pressure on you for anything. I just want you to respect my family and take care of them. What’s your age, sanjana?.”

“22” sanjana answered 

“And I am going to complete 31 yr in five months, so you can say we have an age gap of almost a decade between us.