chapter 19 Marriage Functions

Indrajit was angry as a bull. He joined the study, roaring Kedar singhania ‘s name. "How did you do this Kedar.did you forget darsh is my grandson too?“

“Kedar bhaisaab (brother) means to say you should have informed us about darsh marriage, you know this sudden news is too much to take,” Meena Narang tried to justify husband’s behavior. 

Mr Indrajit Narang and Mrs Meena Narang were maternal grandparents of Darsh. Their daughter Meera and singhania’s elder son Nikhil were childhood friends, then they became college sweethearts. When they got married, nobody objected to this alliance .As Mr Indrajit Narang and Kedar singhania were friends from childhood .Both the families happily married Meera and nikhil. In the following year, Darsh was born. As Meera was the only child and heir of the Narang empire., after Meera’s unfortunate death, darsh is the only heir of Narang family.

After Meera’s death, Mr Narang wanted the custody of Darsh ,he also went to court for custody. But Piyali singhania was 7 months pregnant that time and she was so much in love with darsh that she literally begged Narangs to not to separate darsh from her .Seeing her love for darsh, Narang couple had done out of court settlement according to which darsh has to spend every holiday break in Delhi with Narang couple.

Summer holidays, winter holidays, darsh spent in Delhi or traveling with their Nana Nani to some holiday destination. 

When Aryan and Arnav got 5 yrs, old, Narangs started taking them also with darsh .for the twins they are bade nana, badi Nani .The singhania boys love the Narang couple very much .Nirmal and piyali never objected on this relationship, as they know how devastated the Narangs are after the tragedy .Kedar and indrajit always like to bantering with each other .Indrajit Narang, when they got to know about darsh marriage he thought that singhania’s will never accept the marriage and then he will fulfill his dream of keeping Darsh to himself only,.but unfortunately the unexpected acceptance made his plan unsuccessful. 

“ Where is that girl? I want to meet her now, “Indrajit questioned. 

“Sanjana, my granddaughter in-law is taking her beauty sleep, and I don’t want anybody to disturb her for some rubbish reason,” Kedar stated.

“Ooh, so we are now rubbish . Tell me, why did you accept this marriage? Ha, what if the girl is a gold digger, or a wicked girl who will divide your family? What I have heard is that she is an orphan too. Don’t you make my darsh married to a suitable girl? cedar,” Indrajit gives back to Kedar.

“When you meet her tomorrow, I am sure you will get all your answers. So goodnight, it’s late now. Tomorrow is a busy day for all of us.”

Kedar stated in a decisive tone. 

But Meena Narang was eager to meet or at least see the girl. So she approached the right person, none other than piyali 

“Piyali, child, please let us just see her. I promise we will not disturb her just once, “she whispered to Piyali in a crying tone.

And as usual the trick worked ,

“ Let’s go bade papa ,badi mummy you must be tired na, I will take you to your room.” She signaled Meena with eyes to come with her 

They went to the room where Sanjana was sleeping. Piyali opened the door with the master key and let the Narang couple in. Sanjana was sleeping beside the lamp, so her face was visible to them. She was just looking like a fairy. Mrs Narang got emotional. She caressed her face, as soon as she touched, her sanjana murmured,

“ Nanima “as she was thinking it to be her Nani., listening that the Narang couple got very emotional,. they left from there before anybody could notice.