Chapter 17:

"Did he threaten you?"

"Lightly. Don't worry about it. We're on okay terms."

"I feel it's best if I don't ask."

"Correct my dear Scarhead. I'm sorry for just popping in, I was really anxious. I don't know what to wear or if I should bring something with me as a gift. Maybe some nice wine? Wine is safe I know all about wine."

"Malfoy, relax. Come here."

Harry pulled Draco into a hug, and he collapsed into the embrace.

"Maybe we should just stay here and watch Tangled again? We can cuddle and have snacks!"

"It's going to be fine, I promise. I have to finish making the cake, but I'll let you lick the bowl when I'm done. Come keep me company."

"I'm insulted you don't want to cuddle with me."

"We can cuddle when we come back here after dinner."

"Can I stay the night?", Draco asked hesitantly.

"Of course you can!"

"Good because I know I'm going to be overthinking every single thing that happens and I know I should not be alone after that."

"Perfectly fine."

Draco watched as Harry finally put the cake into the oven.

"Good, you're done. Now what do I wear? Should I dress up or should I wear something casual?"

"I'll show you what I'm wearing."

After following Harry to his room, Draco collapsed onto his bed.

"You're so dramatic. Drama prince."

"It's in my blood."

"I was just going to wear this."

Harry dropped a flannel on his bed next to Draco, and then grabbed a pair of high tops from his closet. He chose a long sleeve shirt figuring that Draco would also be wearing one, and he wanted him to be comfortable.

"Okay so casual but still looking decent. I can work with that."

Draco picked up a bag Harry hadn't even noticed he had. Raising an eyebrow, Draco chuckled awkwardly.

"I figured you would say I could stay, and I brought some options. Am I crazy for freaking out this much?"

"It just means you care."

"Feelings are disgusting."

"Come on Prince, I have to clean up the kitchen, and not set fire to the house."

"Prince?"

"You need a nickname too and that's the best I've got for now."

"You flatter me, Scarhead. Do I still get to lick the bowl?"

"Of course."

With a grin, Draco walked happily down the stairs, and all Harry could do was smile after him. Draco grabbed the bowl and hopped up onto what he considered to be his counter.

"I do have chairs, you know?"

"This counter should be honored that I've chosen to sit upon it."

"I'll make you a name plate for it."

"That's all I ask. Now, what kind of cake is it?"

"Chocolate, and I'm going to do a fresh strawberry filling."

"Can I help with it?", Draco asked, swiping his finger across the bowl.

"Want to chop?"

"Fine with me. That's something I can manage. Salazar, this batter is good."

"Thank you."

As Draco finished the batter, Harry started quietly playing the Tangled soundtrack for him. It quickly helped Draco feel at ease, and soon he was relaxed and humming along.

"I really appreciate you Scarhead, I hope you know that."

"I do", Harry replied, a soft smile taking over his face.

"Good. I'm just making sure. I know I'm not the best with verbal appreciation, but I'm trying."

Harry just gave him a hug in response. After Draco was done chopping, he hopped up onto the counter to watch Harry complete the filling.

"You'll still teach me how to bake something right?"

"Of course."

"Perfect."

As Harry took the cake out of the oven and allowed it to cool, he laughed when he saw Draco had batter on his cheek.

"Does my beauty amuse you Potter?"

"Every time I look at you I'm completely astounded that you're real."

With a smirk, Harry swiped the pad of his thumb across Draco's cheek and licked the batter off his finger.

"Not a figment of my imagination."

"Potter, that was absolutely disgusting."

"I've been in your bathroom, I'm sure your face is cleaner than most things in my home."

"I don't know if that's a compliment or if I should be concerned."

"A little of both."

"So, you and Longbottom huh?"

"Yeah. I dunno what he's told you, but Neville is a great friend. I just hope Ron pulls through...", he trailed off.

"I'm sure it'll be fine. Let's just get through this dinner first, yeah?"

"Yeah."

Draco could feel Harry shutting down, so he placed some parchment on the table just in case.

"Get out of your head Potter. We'll take it one day at a time. If you worry about something before it happens, then you're suffering twice. I know it's hard not to overthink things, believe me. Sometimes I think you're going to tell me that we're not actually friends and that you hate me.

Every day, it gets a little bit easier though. You have to want to work through it. I'm here for you, whatever you need. I know I say that a lot but sometimes you need to keep hearing it so that it sinks in. I'm not going anywhere."

"Okay."

"Come here."

Draco dragged Harry upstairs and gently pushed him down onto the bed. He set an alarm to go off at 3:30. Crawling into bed next to Harry, he pulled him into his arms.

"Is this okay?"

Harry nodded.

"Get some rest okay? I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere. Some sleep will help you calm down. Everything will be fine. Just focus on me."

As Draco kept whispering positive affirmations, Harry slowly felt himself drift away. Once Draco was sure that Harry was staying asleep, he allowed himself to fall into a light sleep as well.