Chapter 51

{ Chapter 10 Recap of the Potion and what it does for you lovely readers:

"You and whoever you want to communicate with would both take the potion. The book doesn't say how long the potion lasts, so I would assume it's permanent unless you brew the antidote. You would have to have some sort of physical contact, and you would be able to communicate mentally.

It's not an open connection, and they can't see into your thoughts like with Occlumency. You just need to be in contact with the person. I'm not sure if it's skin to skin contact like holding hands or if it would still work if both people were wearing gloves or something." }

The two men spent some more time on the beach before heading back inside. Harry stretched and yawned before dropping onto the bed.

"Do you think it's bad to sleep with contacts in?"

"It doesn't sound like a great idea."

"Why couldn't you tell me that before I laid down?"

"Stop being a baby, Potter", Draco chided.

"I could be your baby", Harry mumbled grumpily.

Draco froze.

"I think you need to consider your words before you say them out loud", Draco said carefully.

"I said what I said sweetheart", Harry replied, getting up to go to the bathroom.

Draco's face was hot as he poured over the events of the day. Harry was getting a lot more bold with his actions towards Draco, and Draco didn't know what he was getting at. All he did know was that he would expedite his plan, starting tonight. Today was the 28th of July. They had three full days here, all alone, and Draco was going to make the most of it. Everything would change once they went back to Hogwarts, and he needed to know they would be okay. They had to be.

When Harry returned back to the bedroom, he grabbed Draco's hand, pulling him onto the bed with him.

"Potter, I have to unpack."

"It's my birthday week, so I say we cuddle and go back to sleep."

"You're insufferable."

"Only to those I care about. Now shut up and go to sleep."

"Fine. Goodnight baby", Draco teased.

"Two can play at this game", he thought.

"Goodnight love", Harry retorted.

Both men fell asleep with blushing faces, but sappy smiles. When Harry woke up again hours later, it was to Draco sliding back into bed next to him.

"Did you seriously leave me while I was sleeping?", Harry asked raspily, wrapping himself back around Draco.

"Someone has to keep us fed darling", Draco replied, running his hand through Harry's hair.

"Are you cooking or just picking up food?"

"Do you want to be poisoned?", Draco asked with a snort.

"I'm cooking dinner."

"Potter-"

"Don't Potter me Malfoy. Do you have groceries here or do we need to go out?"

"I have some things, courtesy of Longbottom, if you would let me finish. He gave me a shopping list for some of your favorite foods. He specifically told me that if I only fed you take out you'd never go anywhere with me ever again."

"That's not true. I would just spend a lot more time working out."

"As if you need it", Draco replied, running a hand over Harry's arm.