Chapter 39

{Thank you for 9.85K I can't believe we're so close to 10k reads it's insane. Enjoy this longer chapter that I stayed up until 3am writing so I could update today}

Draco was reading in his bedroom when there was a tap at his window. With a smile, he opened it and let Scarhead in, who immediately nuzzled into his neck.

"Hello Scarhead. I have a treat for you", he cooed.

He hadn't heard from Harry since yesterday, so he was excited to see what he had to say. Draco's casual demeanor dropped however when he saw the letter wasn't from Harry, but Neville Longbottom.

"Malfoy,

This is Neville Longbottom. I know it must be very weird to hear from me of all people, especially through the use of Harry's owl. If you're free, could you come over? I've accidentally upset Harry, and he's not himself.

Something to take note of: do not mention Ron and Hermione unless you want to kill the mood. The only time a flicker of a smile appeared on his face was when he mentioned you. I'll gladly reschedule our hangout if it makes him happy again.

Regards,

Neville Longbottom"

It was an obvious decision really. Only stopping to briefly explain the situation to his mother, Draco apparated to Harry's immediately.

By this time, the movie was over and Neville was out picking up the pizza. Harry was irritated, so he decided to make some cookies. Draco found him angrily working the dough.

"You know, if you needed to pound something, you could've called me."

Harry spun around quickly, dropping the dough.

"Malfoy?"

"The one and only darling."

"What are you doing here?"

"A little birdie told me you were upset, and I couldn't have that now could I?"

Sighing, Harry washed his hands and allowed Draco to come over and hold him.

"Do you want to talk about it Scarhead?"

Harry just shrugged.

"We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. I'm here for emotional and physical support."

"Physical?"

"Holding you of course. And testing cookie dough. I'm very good at that."

Finally, Harry cracked a small smile.

"There's that charming smile that can bring the whole wizarding world to its knees", Draco teased.

Lightly nudging him with his elbow, Harry dragged Draco over to the sink to wash his hands so he could help him form the cookies, then put them in the oven. He did so happily, knowing Harry would let him eat whatever was left once they were done.

This is how Neville found them a few minutes later, both sitting on the counter, sharing what was left of the cookie dough.

"Malfoy", he greeted.

Neville was relieved to see that Harry had been smiling when he walked in, but an expression of guilt took over Harry's face once he saw Neville. Draco was so easy to be with that Harry found himself forgetting all of his problems, including what had occurred earlier with Neville.

"We can reschedule after we eat Harry. I know that I made you uncomfortable, and I'm really sorry about that. There's no hard feelings if you'd rather spend the rest of the night with Malfoy."