Chapter 66

When Harry and Ginny got back into the house, Ron and Hermione were waiting for them, Ron with an odd look on his face.

"Are you two back together?", he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What?", Harry sputtered.

Ginny just started laughing hysterically.

"Absolutely not!", she wheezed.

"Just friends", Harry clarified.

"Hmm, okay. You would tell me if you were though, right?"

"Of course, but it's never going to happen. No offense Harry."

"None taken."

"Now that that's established, excuse me for a minute",  Ginny said, leaving the room to write her note for Pansy.

"Harry, when do you plan on getting your books?", Hermione asked, sitting down next to him.

"With McGonagall when I move in. She said she'll take me to keep people away, or that she'll just grab everything for me if I'm not comfortable going out."

"Good, I'm glad you won't be alone. Do you think any other 8th years are also being given the option to move in early?"

"Actually, I don't know. If anything, probably some of the Slytherins I suppose. Maybe Nev. I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Do you know if we have roommates?", Ron asked.

"We have at least one. I guess it depends on how many of us are coming back. I don't know who is, she hasn't said. I just know the three of us and Nev. Probably Dean and Seamus as well."

"Makes sense. Do you think she'd let us room together Mione? No offense Harry."

"I highly doubt that, Ron. I'm sure she'll still be separating boys and girls. We may have a separate year 8 tower, but I don't think she's that relaxed. Besides, I need to focus on my studies."

"Some things never change", Harry said good naturedly.

"Don't think you're off the hook either. I'm sure we'll at least be able to go into each other's rooms to study. I'll start devising a study schedule. Ron and I are going to collect our books before we go back. Would you like to come with us, or would you prefer to wait for McGonagall?"

"I think I'd prefer to wait. If the three of us go out alone together in public for the first time since the war, I think we'd completely shut down Diagon Alley. I'd like to prolong that as much as possible if I'm honest."

Ron opened his mouth to respond but Hermione cut him off.

"That's completely valid Harry, we respect your decision."

"Thanks Mione."

"Kids, dinner!", Molly called.

The twins sat on either side of Harry before Ron or Hermione could, so Hermione sat across the table from him. Thankfully, Molly was very interested in what was going on in Australia as opposed to anything that was going on here. He said maybe 3 words during dinner.

"Mrs. Weasley, what time are we having cake for Harry? I'm trying to figure out when the best time to get books is."

"I'd say in about 40 minutes?"

"We should go now then", Hermione decided, standing up.

"Actually, I needed to pick up something first, for your birthday", Ron admitted sheepishly. "Could you meet me in about 10 minutes?"

"I suppose that will do, but not a minute longer."

"I'll meet you in front of Flourish and Blotts in 10."