Chapter 62

Harry hadn't had such a family oriented meal in over a year. It was nice really, especially since everyone was paired up for the most part. Luna had no issue sitting between the twins. It was quite endearing.

Sitting at the head of the table was a new experience for Harry. Draco was to his right with Neville to his left. Whenever Draco wanted to check on Harry, he would grab his hand under the table so he wouldn't make a scene, and ask if he needed anything.

Every day, Harry was falling more and more in love with Draco, though he wouldn't admit this to himself yet. He knew his feelings were growing stronger, but he didn't want to address their severity at this point in time. It felt too soon as they had only been together for a few days, but it also felt like a lifetime. That was really all that mattered, and Harry was content in their relationship.

Once dinner was over, they all piled back into the party room and Pansy served up some drinks.

"To the birthday boy!", she toasted.

Everyone cheered and raised their glasses to Harry, who couldn't help but grin. 

"Thank you all for coming."

"We wouldn't miss it for the world mate", Neville replied with a grin.

"The rest of the fun can't happen until it's dark out. Let's play some games!"

"Oh Merlin", Draco groaned.

"Oh shut it. When I was shopping for muggle clothes for Harry I found some muggle games. I have Twister, Uno, and Clue. Ginny and I also went out and bought an Xbox. Boys, that's on you to figure out. It had dancing games I thought would be fun to play while drunk."

Harry took it upon himself to set up the Xbox as Dudley had at least 5 different models. Once that was up and running, he taught everyone how to use the controllers as well as the kinect sensor.

"Muggles really do have their own kind of magic", Blaise praised.

"This is wicked!", George cheered.

"Dad would love this", Fred replied.

The three girls decided to play Just Dance while the six boys made the mistake of playing Uno together. They didn't even last one round before they started screaming at each other.

"How can I legally pick up 24 cards?!", Blaise yelled.

"Because of stacking", Neville explained.

"What if we didn't stack?", he countered.

"You only hate it because you got stuck picking up. If it was me you'd be laughing your arse off", Draco interjected.

"Of course I would be! I'm out. Neville, let's go play Twister."

Snickering, Draco, Harry, and the twins played a few more rounds. Once Pansy joined in, Harry tapped out to play Just Dance with Ginny. One round with her and he felt as if his safety was in jeopardy. Pansy was a force to be reckoned with, and Uno ruins friendships.

With a grin, Ginny chose Hot N Cold by Katy Perry, discreetly casting a silencing charm around herself and Harry.

"Are you having fun?"

"I am actually. Loads."

"Thanks for inviting me into your new friend group Harry. I'm glad things aren't awkward between us."

"So am I."

"You also snagged me a potential girlfriend, and a potential boyfriend for you hmm?"

"Potentially. I just need to work through some things first you know?"

"Oh believe me, I know", she agreed. "I'm just thankful that you're finally happy. You look good, and surprisingly so does Malfoy. It's amazing what some color can do for him."

"I know, right?", Harry asked with a laugh.

"He really is good for you. He just noticed the silencing charm and didn't appreciate that I flipped him off. Oops?"

Harry laughed harder, missing some steps to the dance.

"That's sabotage!"

"I play to win Potter."

"Oh you're on Weasley."

With a smirk, Harry chose Toxic by Britney Spears and gave Ginny a run for her money. Draco was having a very good time watching. After that he let other people have a go, and dropped onto the couch next to Draco, his head landing on Draco's shoulder.

"Ew Potter, you're sweaty", he told him, nose wrinkling in disgust.

"That's what exercise does to you."

"Don't remind me how much exercise I did for you."

"You loved it", Harry teased.

"Not it, but you I suppose", Draco muttered quietly so no one else would hear.

"I'll take it."

Their conversation was cut short by Fred and George demanding everyone go outside so they could give Harry his present. With a raised brow, Harry skeptically followed everyone out, his hand frequently brushing against Draco's who was walking next to him.

There were blankets spread out all over the grass. Harry and Draco chose one under a tree so they could lean against it. They were the furthest back, as recommended by the twins. Everyone else wanted to lay in the grass anyway. Draco obviously wanted no such thing.

"3, 2, 1!", the twins counted down.

A beautiful fireworks show overtook the sky. It was absolutely breathtaking, and Harry watched in awe as all kinds of shapes and animals overtook the sky above.

"Happy birthday my darling", Draco whispered in his ear.

"You're my favorite person, I hope you know that", Harry replied, only taking his eyes off the sky long enough to look Draco in the eyes.

With a soft smile, Draco pressed a quick kiss to Harry's lips before settling his head into Harry's lap. Harry's hand tangled in Draco's soft hair, and Draco thought that this was exactly how the rest of his life should be. He was really starting to believe that he deserved happiness. If happiness was a person, it would be the embodiment of his Harry, that he was sure.

The finale was even more grand, with "Happy Birthday Harry!" being spelled out in the sky, accompanied after with "We Love You!". Harry was moved to tears, which Draco softly wiped away. The settling smoke gave enough coverage for Harry to pull Draco into a deep kiss.

An hour later when it was time for Harry to make a wish, he knew exactly what he wanted. Not once did he break eye contact with Draco as he blew out the candles. With icing smeared on his face soon after by his friends, an icing war ensued. The picture taken by Narcissa became one of his favorites, and he would cherish it forever.