Chapter 63

It was two weeks after Harry's birthday, and everything was going great. He and Draco were doing exceptionally well, having gone on a few more lowkey dates. Neither man slept very well when the other wasn't around, so naps were frequently built into their time spent together. That is, until one very stressful night where Harry could not fall asleep.

Thoughts and worries were suffocating him, and he couldn't take it anymore. Grabbing the lion Draco had won him, which he slept with every night Draco wasn't with him as Draco had somehow made it so that the plushie always smelled like him, Harry used the floo into his room at The Manor.

Quietly, he crept next door to Draco's room. Pausing in the doorway, he smiled at the sight of Draco curled around the dragon Harry had given him, and Harry knew the dragon smelled like him as well. It was a comfort tool that worked well most of the time.

Carefully closing the door behind him, Harry crept into bed with Draco. Leaving his glasses on Draco's nightstand, he slowly moved closer to Draco, not wanting to wake him up. That proved ineffective when Draco rolled over almost immediately.

"Scarhead!"

Placing the dragon on the other side of him, he immediately launched himself at his Harry.

"I missed you", he said, words coming out muffled against Harry's chest.

"I missed you too", Harry replied with a tired smile, kissing the top of Draco's head.

"Is everything okay that you came to visit? Did you have another nightmare?"

Draco's worried tone was sweet, and Harry couldn't help but kiss him softly. He would never get tired of the feeling of Draco's lips pressed up against his.

"You're deflecting", Draco murmured against Harry's lips, but who was he to deprive himself of Harry's kisses?

"To have nightmares you have to be able to fall asleep first."

"You're welcome in my bed anytime", Draco said, happily wrapping his arms around Harry.

"And you in mine."

Harry sighed in contentment, relishing in the feel of Draco's arms around him. Closing his eyes, he allowed himself to relax.

"Do you want to talk about it my darling?"

"I don't know. I just have a lot on my mind."

"Like me?", Draco asked teasingly.

"You never leave my mind."

"Seriously Harry, you can talk to me."

Draco moved to get up but Harry held him in place.

"You know tomorrow is the Weasley dinner, and I don't know how I feel about it. It feels so weird to be going there and celebrating without Ron and Hermione. I don't know if it would be better if they were there either.

You know I absolutely adore you, and you're my favorite person to spend time with. Ron was my first friend ever, and it really hurts that he doesn't seem to be trying to understand me. I know he's had a lot going on, but I don't know how much longer I can keep defending him.

We were never friends growing up, but you went out of your way to find different ways to communicate with me. You didn't mind writing letters, or waiting for me to write as you talked. You didn't even mind just talking to me to distract me. I had all the time and space that I needed to get comfortable around you. No matter what was going on you never rushed me. You let me come to you when I was ready.

Whatever you could do, you did without question. I've always found you attractive, but when you showed me how compassionate you were, that's when I really fell for you, Draco. You're so incredibly loyal, funny, and just overall wonderful to be around. I can talk about how happy you make me for hours. Days probably.

I don't have to be anyone special around you. You've never cared about who I am or what my name is. I never got any special treatment from you. I do now obviously, but that's different.

I guess I'm just worried about how he'll react to everything when I do tell him. If he gives me a choice there really isn't one. It's you all the way and he has to know that. I'm not giving up what we have and what we could have for someone who jumps ship once things get hard.

I love Ron, I truly do. But I love you in a different way. I know Hermione will be okay with it in time. But it's not even like I can give them time! It's not something I should put in a letter because of our shared history.

You've changed. Or maybe I've just gotten lucky enough to know the real you. I don't know. I feel like I've never known anything. Merlin I've been ranting for like 10 minutes I'm sorry sweetheart."

"Harry, look at me", Draco said softly.

Harry allowed Draco to pull him up and into his lap.

"Do not apologize for needing to get your feelings out. I'm here for you always. You don't need to be the strong one all the time. I know it took a lot for you to come and see me, and I'm thankful you did. We're together now.

It doesn't always have to be that we both give 50% each. Some days it will be 70 and 30, and on really bad days it will be 90 and 10. That is completely okay. I'll always pick you up when you're down, and I know you'll do the same for me. That's how relationships work.

I can't begin to imagine how hard it was for you to talk that long, but I'm so proud of you for being able to do that for you, and for me. I'll be as patient as you need me to be. I'm just thankful you trust me enough to be so honest.

I'm sorry that I can't come to dinner with you tomorrow. I can try to move my meeting if you'd like?"

"Don't worry about it my love. I'll get through it. Thank you for listening to me and being as supportive as always. Can I come by after it's over?"

"You better", Draco threatened teasingly. "That means more kisses for you."

"Can I cash in on that offer now?"

"I'd be more than happy to oblige", Draco answered with a smirk, pulling Harry in for a kiss.

Draco added color back into Harry's dull world, and he was extra thankful for him in this moment. It was so nice just to have him and know that no matter what, Draco would be there.