Chapter 41

Today was the day where Draco and Harry were putting their plan into motion. Pansy and Blaise took Draco's excitement as him being excited to plan a party for Harry. They didn't suspect a thing. He was waiting for the signal from Harry.

"So what's the plan Draco?", Blaise asked.

"In regards to?"

"Do we have to deal with Granger and Weasley?"

"I don't think so. They're currently out of the country."

Pansy and Blaise exchanged a look but didn't comment.

"So we're in charge. Wonderful! I don't think those Gryffindors know how to throw a real party anyways."

"According to Potter they don't Pans. The bar is in hell."

"I'm ready to limbo with the devil then", she replied with a smirk.

"Are we having it here or are we going to a venue?", Blaise asked.

"Here. I want Potter to be comfortable. That's why I'm thinking of keeping it small. I told him to come up with a guest list so that we can plan."

"That's brave, having a house full of Gryffindors."

A piece of paper came shooting through the floo.

"Ah, here it is."

"Loverboy has a sixth sense when it comes to you", Pansy teased.

"Shut it Pans", he hissed.

"Oh please Draco we know you've been whipped for Potter for years. Even the Dark Lord couldn't stop that", Blaise replied with a snort.

"This is why I like Potter better than both of you."

Draco was about to let Blaise be single for life.

"You have your surprise for Potter too don't you? What's the schedule looking like?", Pansy questioned.

"Can I trust the two of you to set up here with Mother? I'm not revealing all of my plans but Potter and I will be out before then. I figured we could have the party either on his birthday or the day after."

"Not a problem. I love being in charge", she replied with a grin. "Who's on his invite list?"

"Lovegood, Longbottom, and the Weasley clan, other than us."

They discussed decorations, and soon they had a list of questions to ask Harry. Playing along, they exchanged a few notes through the floo before Draco pretended to get fed up. This was the final plan the two men had decided on, as it was a very seamless transition.

"Enough of this back and forth! We're going to see Potter now. Come along."

Neville was getting irritated at Harry's lack of attention as well.

"Didn't you just see Malfoy a few days ago?!"

"Yes, but he's got this crazy idea for my birthday", Harry replied with an eye roll.

This was the perfect timing for Draco, Pansy, and Blaise to show up.

"Welcome!", Harry greeted cheerily, ignoring the look of despair Neville was giving him.

Blaise on the other hand was looking at Draco like he had been betrayed.

"You Slytherin!", Blaise accused.

Pansy was laughing her arse off.

"You two came up with this? Bloody brilliant! I'm thoroughly impressed Potter."

Draco greeted Harry with a hug.

"Longbottom, I'd like to officially introduce you to Pansy Parkinson and Blaise Zabini, who I'm sure you are familiar with?"

"Hello", Neville greeted quietly.

"Feel free to find me someone to date Potter. Let's just say I'm not very picky."

"I'm on the lookout."

Harry already had a plan, but he wouldn't tell her that. Even Draco had been kept in the dark.

"So, the party?", Blaise asked awkwardly.

Draco did actually have questions, so he launched into that, slowly watching as Blaise and Neville became more comfortable around each other. Pansy was taking notes on all of the discussion that was taking place.

"We need a date", Pansy reminded them.

"Neville? Would you like to get dinner with me?", Blaise asked suddenly, his face heating up."You don't have to if you don't want to! I just-"

"I meant a date to have the party Blaise, not a date for you! That was smooth though, until you started backtracking."

"Dinner sounds good", Neville cut in.

"Wonderful. Do you need us, or can we go?"

"Have fun you two", Harry teased.

"But not too much fun", Draco warned.

With a roll of their eyes, Blaise offered Neville his arm, and the two left. Draco and Harry high fived.

"I have to say, that was a wonderful setup. Look at you scheming husbands", Pansy teased.

"My better half", Harry replied with a grin, throwing his arm over Draco's shoulder and pulling him closer.

There had barely been any space left between them in the first place. Pansy watched as they had slowly moved closer to each other as the planning had gone on. There was always an excuse to close the distance.

"Honestly, you two need to get married for real at this point. It will be the wedding of the century at least."

Harry laughed as Draco shot daggers at Pansy. Draco needed to change the subject fast.

"Hey Potter? What are the Weasleys doing for your birthday? You mentioned a dinner, but does that happen on your birthday? We're trying to choose the day for your party but I don't know if it should be the day of or the day after."

"Dunno. Let's ask."

This is what Harry had been waiting for now that Blaise and Neville were gone. It was time for part 2 of his plan. With a devilish smirk that had Draco's heart dropping out of his chest, Harry linked arms with Pansy and Draco and apparated them to The Burrow.