Chapter 33

{Hi everyone, I just wanted to say a quick thank you for all the love on both of my stories! Piece of Your Heart WILL have an epilogue coming soon. Shameless self promo to check that out as it is completed if you like my writing! Lots of love- J}

"Draco,

Writing this letter really brings me back to the beginning of our friendship. I've been working on this for over a week now, trying to get all of my thoughts properly collected. I'm sure at one point, if you're still not, you were wondering why I became your friend so readily.

To be completely honest with you, it was mostly because I was selfish. I was at the lowest point in my life when you came back into it. I was going days without feeling any kind of emotion at all, and I was eager to feel something again, even if it was anger. Thankfully, that wasn't the case, and instead I got a best friend who understands me more than I understand myself. I'm forever grateful that you got up the nerve to write to me.

This is going to be the most honest I have been with anyone in my whole life. When I was born, I fulfilled a prophecy. From that moment, my life was out of my hands. I was so used to being manipulated and coerced into doing things, that once everything was over, I didn't know what to do with myself. I've always been told what I've had to do and what I couldn't do, and now that I have a choice, it's overwhelming.

The people who "raised" me, and I use this term very loosely, were awful. I grew up being called a freak my whole life, and I didn't understand why until Hagrid quite literally, broke down my door. While you were living a life of grandeur, I was spending my life being locked into a cupboard as a bedroom. I think that's what made it so hard to relate to you at first.

When you wrote to me in your first letter saying there were moments where you wish I had left you, that was really when I knew for certain you had changed. There were moments where I would be following you because I thought you were up to something, and I would always wonder how things could have been if I took your hand, or if I apologized, or if I was sorted into Slytherin.

Maybe if I had known about the wizarding world from my childhood instead of just being thrown into it, things would have been better. I really don't know. What I do know is that growing up, you gave me a sense of normalcy. Our "rivalry" was perhaps the first matter I ever actually had a choice in. It was exciting, and gave me some sense of control.

Now, I've made the choice to forgive you and we slowly became friends. A split decision became the best choice I had ever made. You've allowed me to feel again, and that is the greatest gift anyone has ever given me. I can't imagine my life without you, and I hope you're here to stay.

I'll never regret saving you, especially because you in turn saved me, even if it wasn't intentional. We may not have cared for each other much, but I never wanted you seriously hurt.

Thank you for your patience with me. If it wasn't for you, I don't think I would be talking to anybody at all. I would never leave the house, I would never see anybody other than Neville. He's wonderful of course, but he's not you.

I just feel this... connection with you that I have never felt with anybody else in my whole life. It's a wonderful thing, and I hope I've been able to prove to you how much you mean to me. You saved the savior. I didn't think I would make it to 18, but with your help the future is bright.

Here's to you Draco Malfoy. I hope your vibrant personality continues to light up the world for many years to come. I'm honored to have been able to begin to meet the real you. You're absolutely wonderful, and sometimes I think I am too when I'm with you.

Happy birthday my husband to be ;) I hope to spend the rest of our birthdays together. Thank you for being exactly who I needed.

All of my love,

Harry x"

Without giving it a second thought, Draco immediately apparated to Harry's house, tears streaming down his face.