Chapter 35

{Everyone has been leaving me such kind comments and it means the absolute world to me. As a thank you gift, here's a double update. All my love -J}

When Harry woke up, his bed was empty and his head hurt terribly.

"Draco?", he called hoarsely.

There was no answer, so Harry just covered his head with his pillow that smelled very much like Draco, trying to block out the memories of the night before. He had to have scared Draco away. That was the only reason as to why he wouldn't have stayed to cuddle at the very least.

It seemed like he had just drifted back off, all of the worst scenario cases playing through his mind, when he heard his door open.

"Scarhead, are you up?"

Harry shot up from underneath the pillow, immediately regretting it.

"You weren't trying to suffocate yourself, were you?", Draco asked with a raised eyebrow, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"No, I wasn't."

"Good, because if you go I go. This is a pact."

They sat in silence for a bit. Draco pulled a potion out of his pocket and handed it to Harry, who drank it with no questions asked.

"What if that was poison?", Draco teased.

"If I go, you go remember?"

Draco laughed and laid back down next to Harry, lightly brushing some hair off his forehead.

"Tell me what's wrong", he said softly.

"You were gone when I woke up...", Harry trailed off sheepishly.

"I'm sorry Scarhead, I didn't mean to upset you. You were sleeping and you looked so peaceful. I went back home and got some hangover potions, said hello to my mother to reassure her I was still alive, checked in on Pansy and Blaise, and then picked up some lunch for us."

"Thank you", Harry replied quietly.

"I would never just leave you unless I had a really good reason okay? I was actually hoping you might want to spend the day together if you were up to it?"

Harry let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding.

"You don't even have to ask."

Draco watched Harry stretch, and his eyes widened as the collar of his shirt fell down, exposing his collarbone.

"What's wrong?"

"Was I the only person you saw yesterday?", Draco asked carefully.

"You're the only person I see most days", Harry replied with a snort, "but yes."

Draco just stared at where he now knew he marked Harry.

"What are you looking at?"

When Draco didn't answer, Harry rolled out of bed and stood in front of his mirror, turning this way and that, looking for whatever was making Draco act weird. Suddenly remembering what made him think Draco took off in the first place, he slowly pulled down his shirt. Sure enough, Draco had left his mark.

"Oh."

"Harry, I am so sorry, I didn't mean to! I just got caught up in everything and I know that's no excuse for my actions. I can just leave-"

"Relax Draco, I'm not mad."

"You're not?", Draco asked slowly.

"No, I'm not. It was your birthday, and we had some innocent fun. Some of us more than others", he trailed off, running his fingers over the mark.

"I truly am sorry", Draco said solemnly, head down.

"I'm not", Harry replied with a shrug. "Just a bit surprised."

"Surprised."

"That I didn't leave a mark on you with how great you looked in those pants", Harry teased.

Draco laughed, and finally relaxed.

"I was actually hoping we could go out shopping today?"

"I suppose so. Where to?"

"Whatever store you got me my shirts from. We're wearing matching ones today by the way. And I want to try those pretzels."

"We're going to the mall."

"A mall?"

As they went downstairs for lunch, Harry explained that to Draco, as well as a few things he should know about being in the muggle world.

"Are you okay with driving? Or did you want to apparate?"

Draco's eyes lit up.

"You have a car?"

"I do."

"Can we drive? Please? I love car rides but I rarely ever get to go on them."

"Of course. I love to drive."

Grinning, Draco went upstairs to grab Harry's iPod.

"What're you doing?"

"This tiny thing captures music correct?"

"It does", Harry replied, holding back a laugh.

"I want to make a playlist. Show me how to work this muggle contraption."

Laughing, Harry pulled Draco onto his lap and patiently showed him how to work the device. Every time Draco properly added a song, he grinned at Harry.

"You're going to be an expert in no time. I'm going to get ready."

"Let me do your hair."

"No point. Glamour, remember?"

"Oh I remember perfectly darling. I've been waiting for the chance to do this."

"Shall I grow my hair out then?"

"I'll give you the final verdict afterwards. Now go change. Unless you need assistance which I will be more than happy to supply", Draco teased, waggling his eyebrows.

With a laugh, Harry went upstairs to get changed.