Chapter 22

Harry woke up happy, knowing that he would be seeing Draco today. He was able to sleep in because the intensive workout he did the night before tired him out. Not bothering with breakfast because he was invited over for lunch, Harry got dressed in a t-shirt and joggers and then headed over to Malfoy Manor.

Narcissa let him in and informed him that Draco was in the shower.

"How are you Harry?"

"Well, and yourself?"

"As well as one can be on house arrest I suppose. I've been trying to find things to keep myself preoccupied. I've already redone most of the house, and there's only so much gardening I can do daily."

"I like cooking and baking."

"Draco has been raving about those chocolate waffles of yours. He's told me that he'll be staying at yours the night before his birthday?"

"If that's alright."

"I'll do anything to make him happy. Now, in regards to the cooking we do have a few house elves that we were permitted to keep. I suppose I could look into becoming more independent and taking on more tasks for myself. How difficult are these waffles?"

That's how Draco came to find his mother and Harry laughing in the kitchen which had never looked so dirty before.

"What in Salazar's name is going on here?", he asked, not being able to hold back a laugh at the state of Harry and his mother.

His mother who had rarely ever cooked and always looked pristine, covered in what looked like flour. Harry had some splattered all over his shirt, but he didn't mind. When he gave Draco that special lopsided grin of his, Draco didn't mind either.

"I'm learning how to cook", his mother said proudly.

"Is this what happens when you arrive at places early Scarhead?", Draco teased.

"Dunno, it rarely ever happens."

Amused, Draco watched the process continue. Harry had his wand tucked behind his ear for easier communication. He was getting there in terms of speech with Drac's mother, but he was taking his time as he wasn't fully comfortable.

Draco had never seen Narcissa more proud of anything when she served up her first waffle. It was a little lopsided and unevenly golden brown, but she had made it herself for the most part.

"This is fun! Aside from the incident with the mixer, I'm sorry Harry. I'll let you make the rest, and then I'll clean the kitchen while you get cleaned up. That I can do."

He worked quickly in completing lunch, and then Narcissa shooed both men upstairs so her and Harry respectively could clean.

"I think at this point I should just clean out a drawer for you Potter."

"I purposely ruin my clothes so that I can wear yours. Haven't you figured that out yet?", Harry teased.

"I get to choose what you wear though", Draco countered triumphantly.

Draco chose a green shirt that went brilliantly with Harry's eyes. He turned around to see Harry already shirtless, and he worked to remain focused.

"Mother finished the salve for the scars. I can fetch it for you later after you help me with the potion?"

"Brilliant. Thank you."

Harry pulled Draco in for a hug, and Draco swallowed harshly at how muscular Harry was.

"If you keep getting all muscley you're no longer going to fit in my clothes."

"You like it."

"I have no comment on the matter."

With a laugh, Harry released Draco and tugged on the shirt. Draco summoned a house elf to clean Harry's shirt for him.

"I could've done that at home you know."

"Yes, I know but I'd rather you get the salve on your own shirt."

The two men headed back downstairs, lightly elbowing each other playfully the whole way down. Narcissa hid her smile behind her tea cup. Lunch went by quickly, and soon it was time to get to work.

"Mother, would you leave the salve on my dresser please?"

"Of course. You remember how to apply it I presume?"

It took all of Draco's willpower to hold back a blush.

"Oh, I thought you would be applying it."

Narcissa raised an eyebrow at Draco.

"However Harry will feel most comfortable."

"Malfoy?", Harry asked.

"I'll apply it if you want me to."

"If you don't mind."

The thought of being able to run his hands over Harry's back and chest had him working extra hard at keeping his focus. He needed a distraction from the distraction.

"So, what do you have planned for my birthday darling?", Draco finally asked.

"It's a surprise."

"I love surprises! However, if the surprise doesn't include cuddling, consider yourself no longer my best friend."

"About time you admitted I was the best", Harry teased. "Of course it involves cuddling. I am a man of culture."

"Of course you are. You're friends with me aren't you?"