Chapter 53

Harry was having an absolutely wonderful day. The sun was shining, the water was refreshing, and he had Draco with him. Draco was wonderful company, even if he spent the majority of his time trying to dunk Harry.

"I'm starting to think you're looking for excuses to touch me."

"No, I'm clearly trying to drown you but you're too stubborn."

"Maybe if you worked out with me you could do this!", Harry yelled, tossing Draco over his shoulder.

"Potter! Put me down!", Draco squealed, fighting to keep the laughter out of his voice.

"Oh you want me to drop you? Right here in waves? Well if you have insist-"

"Harry stop!"

"Are you going to stop trying to dunk me?"

"Yes! For today at least", he trailed off.

"That's better than nothing. I accept."

Harry slid Draco down his body, balancing him on his hip. Draco wrapped his arms around Harry's neck for stability.

"You're a terror, do you know that?", Harry asked, amusement shining across his face.

"Don't pretend like you don't love it. You said you liked a challenge."

"I love you. Most of the time at least."

"You just love to tease me don't you? You're lucky I love you too Potter."

"I'm the luckiest guy in the world."

Of course, the universe took that moment to humble Harry. A big wave came out of nowhere, knocking the two men down. Draco did his best to shelter Harry, knowing he would get the brunt of the force. It was to no avail, as both men fell over, Draco now straddling Harry's hips.

"Oof! Are you okay Scarhead?"

Harry shot water out of his mouth like a fountain, and Draco laughed.

"Never better."

"So much for being the luckiest guy in the world huh, Potter?"

"I don't know, I think I like this position better than the previous one", Harry flirted, placing his hands on Draco's hips.

"If you have a drowning kink please let me know, and we can explore that in a safe environment, that isn't the open ocean."

"Are you up for that?", Harry asked devilishly, rubbing his thumbs in circles on Draco's hips.

"I think you've had too much sun. Let's go inside now darling before you actually drown."

"You're no fun", Harry replied with a pout, nevertheless allowing Draco to get up and pull Harry with him.

"You won't be either with your lungs full of water."

"Fine. What do you suppose we do then?"

"Shower and then dinner?"

"I can get behind that."

Harry helped Draco pack everything up, and then they headed inside.

"I'll shower down here, and you can use the bedroom shower?", Draco offered. "There's towels and everything up there already for you."

"Perfect. Wear something that you don't mind if it gets a little messy."

"One of your shirts, got it."

With a good natured roll of his eyes, Harry went upstairs to grab some clothes and take a shower. All he could think about was how absolutely wonderful Draco was. This day had been perfect, and it wasn't even his birthday yet. For once, he was filled with genuine excitement at the prospect of a new day.